jssf1992

How did you find Touhou?

I was a fan of 2D platforming games and anime back then, until I discover Touhouvania, which is a fan-made game for Touhou. I liked the lore and the characters, and because of my interest in anime I tried searching for Touhou anime then I discovered Gensou Mangekyou - Memories of Phantasm. That is the primary work that hooked me into the series, and right now I enjoy playing the official games ❤️ Touhou Forever!

Well...I had "false" memories of playing it,I really did not know about it at that time,but it was just me having wrong memories. What pretty much attracted me was my false memories.Of course,my older sister helped me in saying wether I played Touhou or not,of course,she also helped me play a touhou game.

#Touhou

The first time I got into Touhou was weird to say at least. It was when I stumbled with weird beatmap (U.N Owen was Her, but with clown sound lol) on osu! when I seek for entertainment with osu! video (it was like 4 years ago?) and then I ended up found the original song and here I am, I love its music especially. 

I never expected to encounter something new at all, but here I am.

So, I was surfing through youtube for some good music of my type when suddenly I find an acapella of "U.N. Owen Was Her" or "Flandre's theme".

I thought I'll just give it a shot, and guess what, I really liked the theme.

Then I went on to discover more of touhou and finally became a big fan of the games and soundtracks. Challenging games are very appealing to me too.

Sounds like a lot of people got into Touhou through it's music and apparently fan games.

For myself it was a song from SWR "Drunk as I like". Heard it on some random tf2 gmod video years back 
Then I looked for source -> Which led me to gameplay videos of SWR -> which led me to looking for download links -> which led me to the shrine.

• Like 1

This meme and definitely music I've listened to earlier like Beloved Tomboyish Daughter, Bad Apple and Flowering Night

49716189_800388436982874_357940852166754304_n.jpg

22 hours ago, Rootewski said:

49716189_800388436982874_357940852166754304_n.jpg

Reminds me of this random video called:

Mine too is an odd one. Around 2016 I was really into super old games, and so I had the original OST for Touhou 2 appear in my recommended. Very interested, I searched up for Touhou 2 (I already had a PC 98 emulator) and I *believe* I got it from here. However, Touhou 2 is notoriously... not the best. So turned off from the series as a whole, I deleted it and didnt think of it again.

That lasted only for a few months. I was also really into the Geometry Dash community at the time. One of the songs that had recently been beaten and was causing controversy was a level called "Yatagarasu" which used the song "The Flawless Wings of Yatagarasu." This was, unknown to me, a remix of Birb boss song. I later played another level with a remix, that had the real song's name in it. I YouTubed it and groaned at "ugh touhou again, those games are trash."

And almost a year later, another level in Geometry Dash was released named "Subterranean Animism" which caused a little bit of controversy. Going through videos on it, I found out that was the name for Touhou 11. Surprised at how many Touhou games there were, I came back to here and downloaded a few, curious as to how such a seemingly bad game could last so long. I played Touhou 10 and haven't looked back.