Question Regarding Profile Feature

Ken Hisuag

This is a clarifying inquiry:

In the profile editing window under "Personal Information," there is a textbox labeled "About Me." This is visible from the profile proper as a tab alongside "Activity," but only while logged in. I have never seen this tab on anyone else's profile, and have no way of knowing whether mine is visible to anyone else. I'm unsure what purpose it serves, so I am finally getting around to asking.

TTT

On 5/31/2022 at 5:15 AM, Ken Hisuag said:

In the profile editing window under "Personal Information," there is a textbox labeled "About Me." This is visible from the profile proper as a tab alongside "Activity," but only while logged in. I have never seen this tab on anyone else's profile, and have no way of knowing whether mine is visible to anyone else. I'm unsure what purpose it serves, so I am finally getting around to asking.

Now that you mentioned it, I can't see the "About Me" tab and so, I tested it on another computer but no luck. It might be a bug also yours ain't visible to me either and the same might go for you. 

(It is now fixed) Another thing, for a month and a half, I believe the url for this site didn't appear in google search only if you type the url itself, then you can access; I was cautious enough to take note down of this place. 

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

23 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

yours ain't visible to me either and the same might go for you.

Can confirm (deconfirm?), the tab is not visible to me whether logged out or in.

It's not a big deal, but I'm still curious. @Nitorium?

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Thinking 1

TTT

It might be a permissions things that I might have overlooked. 

Let me cehck that real quick. 

• Thinking 1
  • Thanks 1

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

985201125_Capture1.thumb.PNG.b713f03980d3f9b3b8ce1a58ff4ddb7b.PNG

strange, what i'm seeing there is clubs tab (on my profile), Activity + Clubs for example (on busker's profile) and whole tab (every option) missing for majority of members 

Mine:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e2c8e421f2d9449728b549d054186116.png

Busker's:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bbea30e131d5c56ca9bee77c096cff2c.png

Majority of people:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.10c14de649e1bb987660388913008a76.png

Well this is odd. On your profile Ken, I don't see any of the options (like Shionne mentioned they were missing for a majority of members). On my own I see [Activity | Clubs | Steam Profile] and on Shionne's I can see [Activity | Clubs].

• Thinking 1

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Ken Hisuag said:

All of a sudden I've decided to reopen this query, because I think it would be a useful feature if it worked the way I assume it's supposed to. To reiterate, can the "About Me" tab be made accessible/visible, at least to other users?

Ah right, sorry. On my end it did always show up which is why I assumed that Nitorium fixed it at some point. Turns our it was just because of my own permissions. :SatoriStare:

Anyways, the About Me section should now be publicly available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1