Other Game Music

Swag_Koishi9898

Already been more than a month since I posted something. Time flies fast.
Here's another track from a game I used to play. Maybe I'll set up an emulator to replay it

Spoiler

• Like 1

Well, we had to get to this eventually.

Spoiler

If there's anyone left in the world who hasn't heard this soundtrack, then that just reinforces the need to get it on this thread.

On the other hand, this older title deserves at least equal recognition.

Spoiler

I can't be the only one who sees the similarities between these two, right? The music, the stories, even the titles . . . But I haven't seen anyone make the comparison before. Maybe I've just missed it.

TTT

i'm also a fan of Azur Lane, my favorite soundtrack is from the stage 6-4 (Yuudachi boss battle).
Poi poi

Spoiler

Edited by -Prismriver-

pls_rember.png.7e1684e8ba3acfbdd742c94553cd048f.png pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

These are a few of the flash games I used to play that stuck in my memory musically. In looking them up for this post, I found multiple cases where music used was not composed for the game, but nonetheless has become associated with it.

Orb
A Mind Too Demented for Eating
- surfertmex

Spoiler

Diamond Hollow II
Handheld Hero - Wizwars

Spoiler

Duck Life 4
Swimming Training Theme - Peter Carr

Spoiler

In a lot of ways, these pieces represent my introduction to VGM, especially in the case of Duck Life 4 (underrated soundtrack).

Spoiler

I would've posted the actual song, but I wasn't sure I'd get away with it. April Fools! ????

Edited by Ken Hisuag
For once, just grammar.

TTT

cant put lot comments on these but recently War Thunder piqued my interest

this one reads Don't Hurry - Anna German

Spoiler

also something very unrelated but nice

haven't even played Catherine yet but damn.. this remix of Bach Fugue in G minor is bangin

Spoiler

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

I don't know if last week's "extra" was effective or not, but now seems as good a time as any to expound upon it. This was one of three soundtracks that started my obsession with VGM (the other two were Undertale and A Hat in Time).

Spoiler

I came across this soundtrack while searching for orchestral OSTs in indie gaming. The music led me to the game, which contests with the one above for my #1. Other than that, I'm not sure why I often find myself comparing these two soundtracks to each other.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

finally new music disc in Minecraft after so long.

new artist, new style.

the community is contemplating whether this fit the whole peaceful ambience by C148 with all those cool tunes and bangin. but since this a music disc it maybe fitting since you play it on your will.

i think it cool nonetheless

Lena Raine - Pigstep

Spoiler

also if possible i wanna know the exact genre for this kind of music, i surely want to listen some 2hu in this genre. The name suggested that this is a Dubstep, but it too broad.

• Like 2

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Slow techno trance? Melodic dubstep? I don't know, it's a very unique style (about what I'd expect from Raine). I found this, though.

Spoiler

I'm a day late, so Imma just carry over from DF.

Spoiler

I confess I haven't played Minecraft yet, but I'm hoping to eventually.

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

I found out this week that Sabotage Studios are working on an RPG prequel to The Messenger. Eric W. Brown (a.k.a. Rainbowdragoneyes) is returning to compose the soundtrack with contributions from Yasunori Mitsuda (yes, the Yasunori Mitsuda). My musical hype is immeasurable.

Spoiler

Spoiler

This track hasn't been posted on Youtube yet:

https://ericwbrown.bandcamp.com/track/through-the-jungle-day-into-night

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

I've got you:

Spoiler

Castlevania is among my favorite franchises for music, but it so large that I've only scratched the surface of what it has to offer. Other good pieces include Iron Blue Intention (also from Bloodlines), Clockwork (look for the Kirby Pufocia edit) and Bloody Tears (still waiting for the Netflix Season 2 OST).

While not technically part of the franchise, there is another soundtrack worth mentioning in connection with it.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

Most of the VGM I listen to is melody focused, because that's a big part of what I like about game music. But there is something to be said for the other side of the genre.

I think of some soundtracks in a category I call "cinematic VGM." Series like Assassin's Creed and Uncharted have large movie-like scores which work with their games in the same ways a film's soundtrack works (i.e., reinforcing the visuals). The music is still very much VGM, but it holds a flavor of ambience over melody even when melody is present. Case in point:

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

A moment for the work of Darren Korb. There's something undeniably unique about his compositions that goes beyond just style. While it isn't my preference, I still listen to it from time to time, reflecting on what I know about music.

Spoiler

TTT

This is just... It makes me wanna cry. Even without context, it still sounds like it should. A victory. A moment of triumph, a bittersweet one at that. I am well aware this game has been covered before, but the person who started the thread hasn't stated whether putting the same game is allowed or not.

Edited by Spirit_Medium
  • Like 3

I randomly came across Cathedral's soundtrack before the game even released, and was impressed with it's simple but creative arrangements. The soundtrack just received an official release, which reminded me I hadn't posted it here yet.

Spoiler

• Like 1

TTT

There isn't any particular reason to post ARMS music right now, of course. No reason whatsoever. Purely random.

. . .

Alright, so I'm a bit opportunistic. What of it?
The music is really good.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag

TTT

A week or so ago, buskerdog mentioned Monster Hunter. I've never listened to Monster Hunter before, but the reference stuck in my mind, so I figured I'd give it a go. If a true fan of the series has more to offer, I'd be very appreciative.

Spoiler

TTT