Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

Unbeknownst to me in my postings since the tournament, 11th Hour was working on their next album. This is a collaboration group of orchestral remixers organized by crescentia, and notably features several artists which I've recently posted about. I feel I've done crescentia himself a great disservice in not featuring him sooner, so here's his track from the album:

Spoiler

Next up in the featured chiptune remixes is Kommisar. He hasn't posted anything recently, but there's several past arrangements from him which are worth a listen. His style is more complex than the retro sound of HertzDevil.

Spoiler

Buskerdog has just unintentionally scared me, and I applaud him for his incidental timing. I don't know if audio notifications are new, but I'd never head them before now. 😆

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanksgiving week is here! I'll be back before the day itself arrives, but it's still close enough for me to reference it. Here's some remixes (somewhat) suited to the occasion! I'm not quite s

Other "Idola Deus" I was talking about in remix tournament:  

Hmm, not really sure what you would count as a "discovery", but something interesting is a fanmade piece for a character supposedly never actually was in the series (it's difficult to tell if they wri

Posted Images

@buskerdog I've seen those pop up in my recommended before. I appreciated the second one; I wish remixes of Witches' Ball relied more heavily on the Seihou version.

Also, hi Amamiya!

Edited by Ken Hisuag
  • Like 1

And while i'm here gotta post this i guess

It's not 2hu yeah but EastNewSound is circle that also created lot of touhou stuff in past it also includes PV which is quite good at least in my opinion still main dish is song which i like so damn much even tho it's one of my newest discoveries

Edited by Amamiya Yuki-

It may be related somehow but i honestly doubt it i literally can't hear any theme in it also no metadata like original song/game etc which most of touhou arranges have only thing that's related is fact it's created by ENS which is one of more popular 2hu circles especially trance/electronic wise 

It may be not related but i think we are missing channel for music in general not just other games or 2hu music so i decided to post it here instead

29 minutes ago, Ken Hisuag said:

Buskerdog has just unintentionally scared me, and I applaud him for his incidental timing. I don't know if audio notifications are new, but I'd never head them before now. 😆

They're nothing new, just doesn't happen often. I'm still here by the way, got another thing to post...

Yeah, I remember EastNewSound; I still [guiltily] listen to Beneath the Scarlet Moon.

Um . . . didn't you make that thread?

Speaking of which, I was gonna post some of V.K's work over there . . .

1 minute ago, Ken Hisuag said:

Um . . . didn't you make that thread?

oh yeah you are right it was so dead i just genuinely forgot about it lmao

Okay this is the third music post I've made today, but I'm in a eurobeat mood again and I've been binging a load of new stuff today.

Spoiler

Okay bye I'm gonna listen to the new things you guys have posted tomorrow probably.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Amamiya Yuki- said:

oh yeah you are right it was so dead i just genuinely forgot about it lmao

Honestly, I've been afraid to post in it as often as I've felt inclined for fear of overdoing the non-Touhou content. I already have Other Game Music, and I don't want to push the patience of the moderators.

11 minutes ago, buskerdog said:

Okay bye I'm gonna listen to the new things you guys have posted tomorrow probably.

Fair enough; thanks for sharing!

Also I find it hilarious that the three of us being here at the same time has meant a barrage of back-and-forth posts. 😁

Edit: Did you know that when a thread is getting a barrage of consecutive postings, it's labeled as "HOT!" in the forum menu?

Edited by Ken Hisuag
2 minutes ago, Ken Hisuag said:

and I don't want to push the patience of the moderators

Yeah that may be actually a thing, but that's not literally same topic 3x over again since we have other, touhou and also odd music discoveries (odd is also pretty much dead for now i think) it should be fine... i guess

I wanted to add a couple more Kommisar pieces (just 'cause), and YaboiMatoi just released his prog metal album.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've been looking for Autumn related remixes for this Saturday, in keeping with Thanksgiving being next week. Unfortunately (but not unexpectedly), one rarely finds the better remixes by actively looking for them. Hopefully whatever I gather will suffice, and maybe the searching will trigger some proper discoveries via Youtube's Recommended.

• Like 1

Ahh when i hear song like that all i want to do is bang to it, such one of the reasons i love trance so much

Spoiler

Edited by Amamiya Yuki-
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanksgiving week is here! I'll be back before the day itself arrives, but it's still close enough for me to reference it. Here's some remixes (somewhat) suited to the occasion!

Spoiler

I'm not quite satisfied with the first one, but I wanted at least one folk and at least one Tomorrow Will Be Special. I think I got lucky with the other two; most of the other Fall of Fall remixes I came across were metal, and CarrotWine is always a great find. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Ken Hisuag said:

I'm not quite satisfied with the first one, but I wanted at least one folk and at least one Tomorrow Will Be Special.

I was very satisfied with it. I liked all of those pieces.

This is a piano remix which combines the first movement of Moonlight Sonata with Faith is for the Transient People. It works surprisingly well.

Spoiler

My recommended has begun turning out Diao ye zong pieces. While I believe DF has an on-and-off feeling for the circle, I think the jazz-rock fusion of this piece should be appealing. Also, this will be another entry in my Emotional Skyscraper submissions.

Spoiler

Finally, the next artist in my chiptune features is JX. He covers all sorts of chiptune styles, including the Touhou-associated PC-98.

Spoiler

Edited by Ken Hisuag

Recently I've been going through my youtube history to compile all of the music I've listened to into a list to make it easier to keep track of, and something interesting I found was this; I've been rediscovering a fair number of pieces through doing this but this one in particular is interesting because I have no memory at all of listening to it before, so I guess originally I must have clicked on the video but then not watched it for some reason. It's actually a really unique arrangement, so I'm glad to have discovered it in this unusual way.

Spoiler

Also another thing I've re-found is this, which I just felt like sharing. Maybe because it's a remix of the Aya theme that you don't hear that often, but also just because it's really jazzy.

Spoiler