Cirno Day is once again upon us

buskerdog

It is that time of year again. I've not shown my face in this forum for a long time now but the strongest day is once again upon us, and I intend to honour the tradition YOU BETTER NOT HAVE FORGOTTEN

I thought I'd actually create a new thread for once, so, my fellow bakas, I implore you to share whatever random Cirno content you want in this thread. The stupider, the better

• Like 3
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, nom said:

this sums up what I'm feeling today

You feel like there is a fairy and a shrine maiden inside you?

3 hours ago, Saathi said:

Cirno will become real on 9/9/9999

At last. I shall do the seggs on that day. I'll be sure to tell you all what its like.

• Like 2

You know. I mentioned in another thread I found it interesting that half the accepted lore of Touhou is just assumptions by the fans. Nowhere is this clearer than in Cirno's case. In the lore, she is some stubborn loner who seldom works with others. When she does, its out of her personal interest. In the fan lore though, she is surrounded by friends. Characters she may not even officially interact with. Daiyousei, Wriggle, Rumia, Lorelei, Lily, Letty, even Reimu at times. In official lore, she gets into fights over her ego. In fan lore, she fights for her friends just as much, if not moreso.

Hell, despite being a throwaway boss, she continues reappearing in the lore. She's one of the most recognizable characters in Touhou, even beating out mainstays of the series like Yukari and Youmu for artwork. Only Reimu, Marisa, the Scarlet Sisters and Sakuya beat Cirno in sheer number of fanart pieces. Characters like Koishi may be more popular in the series, but no one inspires casual fans and newcomers quite like Cirno. For years, I could maybe name two or three Touhou characters. But I would recognize that smile and dress anywhere.

On this Cirno Day, I want us all to take a little courage. This little stupid fairy, who couldn't even shoot straight in her first game, went on to become a mainstay of a series with 200 other girls in it. If you keep your heart open, and throw yourself into life with passion, you too may be the baka of your own adventure. Surrounded by friends, happy and eternally young at heart and not just because you're too stupid to worry. Let's all resolve this 9/9/23 to be a little more like Cirno.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, Yumetou said:

On this Cirno Day, I want us all to take a little courage. This little stupid fairy, who couldn't even shoot straight in her first game, went on to become a mainstay of a series with 200 other girls in it. If you keep your heart open, and throw yourself into life with passion, you too may be the baka of your own adventure. Surrounded by friends, happy and eternally young at heart and not just because you're too stupid to worry. Let's all resolve this 9/9/23 to be a little more like Cirno.

Instructions unclear, terrorized local frogs with cryogenics

• Like 2