Share music you like

Shionne Imeris

The Piano Guys recently announced a new album, and in so doing refreshed in my mind all the great music I've enjoyed from them over the years. These are some of my favorites.

Spoiler

What Makes You Beautiful (arranged performance)

Because of You (original composition)

Themes from Pirates of the Caribbean (remix medley)

• Like 2

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

lorna shore's pain remains trilogy. i used to not like the finale as much as the other two parts but its grown on me, it has a very strong ending in that it ties in all the titles of previous parts which adds a lot of symbolic value to it i think 

Spoiler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey! I'm here to share the 2 extended versions that Arcaea's Abstruse Dilemma has been graced with 3 days ago. They're called A side and D side, respectively. My guess is that it's supposed to reference the initials of the song name, but who knows. anyway, here are the links:

Spoiler

Spoiler

original song in case you haven't seen my post on the Lasting Eden update's songs: (I recommend listening to this first)

Spoiler

later byeee

• Like 1

#1f1e33

• 2 weeks later...

When I was growing up, early Christmas morning was often spent with all my siblings in one of our bedrooms as we waited for our parents to finish setting up. To pass the time, we put a CD in the radio and sing along together. Our favorite was a Veggietales album that interspersed traditional carols (and some more obscure songs) with interludes of character interactions that provided a sort of side plot to the experience.

Even today, a lot of those renditions stand out in my memory as my first introduction to the songs, even as I've found other versions that usually serve better. One exception is the performance of Il est né, le divin Enfant, in English He is Born, the Divine Christ Child; traditionally quick but evenly paced song, this version uses creative instrumentation to be much more energetic. It remains a staple of my Christmas listening every season.

Spoiler

TTT

• 2 weeks later...

So it's that time of the year huh...? Happy Christmas everyone! But Christmas isn't very lively this year from where I'm from. The streets feels empty, not alot of people around..., no Christmas trees or any decorations at the big square, well at least there was a music festival going on but that doesn't really count as something Christmas related...but I guess there is still something going there.

Mom said the reason for all of the above might be due to this year's economy, which isn't very good so the economy here is struggling. But I think this year's Christmas is only a little bit sad and not that sad, so I guess it's ok, that's how I feel about it. Me and my family went out see Christmas on the 24th, but on the 25th we didn't go anywhere, I don't know why...maybe it's because I was busy with homework (I hate homeworks) or maybe everyone is busy. Well, I don't know, so whatever, I guess.

But I think right now is the perfect time to share with you guys some of my favorite music, from all around the years of my life and I may talk about my feelings about those songs so this post might be a bit long (it will be long...maybe, I feel like I'm writing a diary on this site at this point). You don't have to read if it's too long though, unless you want to. You can listen to the music though!

Spoiler

I have some memories with this song, I listened to this way back at 6th or 7th grade, basically middle school, I remember listening to this song just before I went to school at the morning for some P.E periods (my school was small so the hours to study at school was separated into learning in the morning and no lessons in the afternoon, or learning in the afternoon and no lessons in the morning, but I have to go to school on Saturday's, which kinda sucks... just a little bit) and I'd play the music in my head while looking at everything, waiting to get to P.E classes when my mom was driving me to get there. The weather then was a cool breeze. It feels nice every time I listen to the song, it always reminds of that cool breeze, not too cold though, just feels nice, cool and warm. The cool breeze is still and always with me, whether it was daytime or night time, you can listen to the song any day of the year, but it just feels right or rather, it feels nice to listen to it when you feel that cool breeze. I also sampled the sample this song used to put it in my own music that I made long ago (I might post somewhere?idk) which I'll give the link down below. I like both versions of the song. The song made me cry a little back then, and it might made me cry at the present too.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The first one feels Christmasy 

I also listened to this back at middle school too, I listened to this remix a lot while doing homework late at night. That reminds me of something, I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion( the 26 episodes one) when I was at the same age as the protagonist, 14 years old I think.

I love all three versions of the song. I also feel that cool breeze when listening to these songs, it's that "night feeling" you know? Although I can feel the cool breeze at daytime as well like I said above.

Spoiler

Somtimes listening to "Perfect Circle" makes me cry man

I also listened to Nujabes alot back then, I still listen to him now. His music has a lot of emotions that was put in them. I recommend listening to the Luv(sic) Hexalogy album if you have the time, I once listened to the whole thing and basically cried at every song, lol.

Spoiler

I like this one more than the original, it's the way he plays it I think. You can also play the song on guitar, there is tabs for it. I found out about this man's music when I was in a 3 weeks military training (it's part of my college's program, it's basically just like studying but more tiring, haha) but I might tell the story about it some times later. 

The first time I listened to this, I didn't even know it was by J.S.Bach, maybe he played it on the guitar differently so I didn't noticed much. But listening to it closely again, I could feel that it was Bach's music.

He has a big library of great songs, so yeah, there's a lot more songs out there, you should check him out!

Spoiler

Another version of this song that i like

"Deixa" translates to the act of leaving. There are also lyrics for this version of the song

Spoiler

Spoiler

Michael Jackson! :D 

This is one of my favorite Michael Jackson's song when I was younger. It's still my favorite 

I picked both versions of the song because I can't decide to choose which one to put on here

Now for actual Christmas songs

Spoiler

Tatsuro Yamashita- Christmas Eve (there's also a version in Japanese)

By the time I finished this post it'd be like 1am on the 26th already...well that's because I wrote this late at night on 25th sooooo yeah. Merry Christmas guys! I hope you like the presents. 🎄

Edited by Jaz:3
I got distracted while writing this post, I thought I saw Santa but it was Marisa flying by... that was cool
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not entirely sure what's motivated me to post about this now, but such is the way of things.

A film project will usually go through a variety of iterations before it reaches a stable state, at which point it usually pursues production and release. On very rare occasions, bits and pieces of these developing ideas reach near full realization before being scrapped, resulting in some of the most obscure media hidden about on the internet. Especially interesting to me are the completely written and recorded songs that sometimes just don't get into the movie for one reason or another. These two are among my favorites, and I wonder how many fans of their respective sources are completely unaware of their existence.

Spoiler

Happy Valentine's Day, btw!

• Like 1

TTT

When I was at my grandma's house at the age of 12? 13? I think I was still in 4th or 5th grade. This song played on the Tv. I think it was some kind of channel that share popular music from that month or year or something idk. But I heard it back then, then later I search for it but I can't find it, I think I searched the right name of the song, but it didn't even come up? Weird... But about a year ago (I think) I finally found it. Listening to it now, it just sounds fun, the lyrics is almost... nonsensical. LOL.

Spoiler

and a song about Romeo, it sounds really nice.

Spoiler

Spoiler

this song is so unreal that it manages to suck ass and be pretty good at the same time and I think that just encapsulates life as a whole so well

• Like 1

#1f1e33