Have you designed an OC of your own?

I  have been working on my own design since 2020, but only recently I have started to give her more lore/development. Interestingly enough, it started with me being bored one evening and just thinking about designing a cute girl (a bit of a thought experiment at the time, as I was still making lots of military stuff at the time). Therefore, one silly design gradually started developing for a while as a "dream girl". Which in some measure she still is, but I wanted to add more to that and develop her into an actual character. Therefore, all me to introduce "Catherine":  

Spoiler

Catherine_concept_evolution.png

And a more recent sheet that needs to be added to the chart

image.png

A friend over on Discord also wanted to draw her, but unfortunately he could not finish the drawing as both of us were busy at the time:

image.png

(art credit goes to susszu)

Now that the image part is done, time for a proper character info sheet (at least as much as I have right now)

Spoiler

Catherine development sheet

General information

• Full  name: Catherine Marinescu [1]
  • Birthday: 5th September, 2000
  • Origin: unspecified (implied family roots in Eastern Europe; 3rd generation immigrant)
  • Hobbies: historical reenactment (“living history”), tabletop games, drawing, travelling

Physical description

• Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Medium breasts
  • Wavy, shoulder-length hair (black or dark brown); strand tips may be colored differently [3]
  • Special/birth marks – not revealed

Personality

• Very curious girl – always wants to learn something new
  • Geeks out over her favorite topics
  • Chatty person
  • Highly ambitious (setting goals probably too high, to unrealistic standards)
  • Friendly – likes meeting new people and spend time with her friends
  • Is a bit shy to engage in conversation
  • Hard to set up start something, but once she starts something (and likes it), Catherine will do her best to complete her task
  • Sometimes, she has a hard time finding the confidence in herself
  • Gets easily distracted and has daydreamer tendencies
  •  Might have weird curiosities, only known to herself at the moment   

Other information

• Meta design inspiration (as much as I am aware): Annushka "Anya" Borzakovskaya (Anya's Ghost), Usami Renko (Touhou), Tanamachi Kaoru (Amagami)
  • Catherine likes listening to rock music – ironically, she finds it relaxing
  • She is currently in the process of diversifying her interests and hobbies, so to avoid a burnout
  • In her free time, it’s possible to find her hanging out in a museum or library [4]
  • She wants to try out tabletop wargaming, but feels daunted by the entry price into such a hobby
  • One of Catherine’s favorite things is summer sunsets – she loves that part of the day as it is no longer as hot as through the day, yet there still is some sunlight before it goes dark
  • During winter, Catherine prefers wearing long winter coats; jackets are also fine for her, but she prefers the elegance of a coat
  • Her usual attire consists of a white shirt, red necktie, jacket, navy-blue pleated skirt and black thigh-highs  
  • Her grandfather is a war veteran, and his stories inspired Catherine's curiosity for history
  • Be careful when you get her talking about something she likes – Catherine will not stop talking for quite a while…

[1] Name is a potential subject of change through development
[2] At the moment of her design, in 2020
[3] Catherine used to sport her hair longer during childhood
[4] Monuments or parks are also a possibility through summer  

How about you, denizens of the Moriya Shrine? Has anyone else developed their own character they would like to talk about?

• Like 4

spacer.png

Well, although I wouldn't introduce them "OCs", I do have an extensive folder of fantasy characters for roleplaying as in Dungeons & Dragons - some more developed than others. There's only one of them I'm currently playing as, which consequently makes them the character that is most developed and I am most attached to. I'm not really sure if I want to share here, though.

On another similar note I also come up with character ideas to populate games I design, but they're not much developed beyond concepts.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 3:12 PM, buskerdog said:

Well, although I wouldn't introduce them "OCs", I do have an extensive folder of fantasy characters for roleplaying as in Dungeons & Dragons - some more developed than others. There's only one of them I'm currently playing as, which consequently makes them the character that is most developed and I am most attached to. I'm not really sure if I want to share here, though.

I think DnD character creations do count as OCs. Also nice to learn about this side of yours. I have been quite curious about tabletop games for a while, if I was more focused on stuff like Warhammer 40K or any historical-themed wargame (like Flames of War). But nice to hear about your character(s) as well. 

spacer.png

I kind of have an OC, but I've only recently thought her up, being earlier this month in fact.

My OC is Fallout (for now), and you can probably guess why. She's within the world of Touhou and Gensokyo, and she is inspired by Okuu, as it will become clear.

She is a half-youkai half-human, with her youkai half being a hell raven. I'm still thinking about her backstory, but I want her to be related to Okuu somehow, with my current thoughts being her daughter*. She unsurprisingly lives in Former Hell, however she doesn't live in Chireiden with Satori, living within the Old Capital.

*As I am writing this, I've decided that she will indeed be Okuu's daughter, the father being me of course lol

Spoiler

Falloutlogo.thumb.png.1fbc8b1c61570f60bb2df50bf0e40297.png

The image above is the only way she is currently represented, a nuclear warning symbol with raven wings; something basic that I made myself a while back, long before her conception.

I hope to build more upon her, and to someday think of a proper character design.

• Like 2

So I have no art skills, so they aren’t exactly designed, but I have clear idea for them. I have an idea for a cast of a touhou game taking place in former hell, where an incident happens due to a goddess losing almost all of her faith and things start disappearing. Said goddess, who isn’t formally named, would be a goddess of the small things in life, like the crunch of leaves underfoot or grass waving in the wind. Her shrine was isolated after the whole conflicts between oni, tengu, and kappa happened. She is the titular stage 6 boss. Her design would be pale blue long hair, with a simple white dress with symbols of flowers, grass, and apples on it. She has a laurel on her hair as well.
Her only current source of faith is the tsukumogami she created, being one of a goblet. This character is my favorite out of the cast I have so far, being the stage 5 boss. Her powers  are of absorption, using the goblet she has chained to her neck as a vessel to absorb stuff. She can then release it back at similar power, so it’s kinda like yuuma without storage, making it closer to reflection. Her design would be white hair tied into a left sided long pigtail, along with a blue and gold robe with a white under shirt and black pants and boots.

Next is the stage 4 boss, a type of youkai adjacent to satori youkai. This character is named Violet Raja, and she can manipulate the senses. She can basically control waves of disrupting particles, called psychic winds, that cause temporary loss or sharpening of a sense. She directs the protagonist towards the abandoned shrine in which the goddess lies, as the stage 5 boss is an acquaintance of hers. Her design is a red grilled black dress, short curly purple hair, and a black bowler hat similar to iku’s. She has a simple sword she carries around as well.

The last character I wanna talk about is a shrine maiden. She doesn’t have a god to worship yet, so she wanders about in search of one. However, when the incident occurs she was drawn toward the underground as a result of it, eventually finding out about the stage 6 boss after the incident. She becomes the shrine maiden for that goddess and helps her make a shrine near the entrance to the underground. Her design is bright pink hair that’s about shoulder length, a set of clothes kind like PC 98 reimu’s design but with some extra bits of flair. 
And that’s what I have so far, but I’m probably going to attempt to make it happen once I start to learn some computer programming skills. Either that or I write sone kind of fan work for it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...