What's your favorite first stage boss?

Cosmic

I remember seeing a post a while ago asking about what people think the worst Touhou character design is, and a few of the responses mentioned first stage bosses and were followed by something along the lines of "of course, keep in mind that this character is a first stage boss, and those tend to be on the more forgettable end". Usually this is true, but I have a few that I actually quite like (mostly Nazrin and Mike), and that post got me curious about this, so I figured I'd ask who everyone else's favorites are.

For me, my only experience as for now with Touhou games has been (attempting to) play Perfect Cherry Blossom. So I guess my favorite (and only) Stage 1 boss experienced has been Letty. But I really cannot complain. I like both the stage and boss battle themes, and somehow I feel a bit of pity for Letty? Especially given how she does not get too much fanon built around her outside "Letty is fat" jokes and her relation to Cirno. 

spacer.png

My favourite first stage boss to fight?

I personally think that Rumia is the best first boss in series who is fantastic as an introductory fight, so much so that It's even made me consider doing short-essay style analyses on not just Rumia but other Touhou bosses in general, since I'm super interested in game design concepts.

My favourite first stage boss as a character?

Idk... I think Minoriko Aki. Reminder that Yuyuko is technically a stage 1 boss as well

Archived