Unique Gameplay Mechanics
Since the whole game is based around seasons, it'd make sense for the seasons to come into play when you pick your player. As such, along with your main shot, you get to pick a season specific sub shot. Each sub shot is essentially a weaker version of the matching main shot (so Sub Spring is homing, just like Reimu's Main Shot). Your sub shot also changes what Release you have. The Extra Stage has its own unique sub shot that can only be used during it (and is the only sub shot that can be picked there).
Season Items and Options
When you get into the game, you'll notice a bar on the bottom left. This is the release bar. When you collect season items, it fills up, and when it's full, you gain one sub shot option. The bar can be filled up to 6 times, giving a total of 6 options.
But how do you get season items you ask? Simple my good sir! Season items are generated by:
* Killing enemies
* Grazing bullets
* Erasing bullets
At this point, you may be wondering what a Release is. A Release is a circular field that spawns when you press the C button, as long as you have at least one charge on your Release Bar. Using a release uses up all of your Release Bar, and grows stronger the more charges are used up. As well, erasing bullets with a Release is the only way to increase point item value. As mentioned earlier, the season sub shot changes what the properties of your Release does.
* Spring - Spring's Release has the shortest duration of the Releases, but has the largest range out of all of them, with a 6 charge Release clearing practically the entire screen. Additionally, this release temporarily makes you invincible.
* Summer - Summer's Release is the second shortest Release, but has the unique property of only using up one charge per use instead of every charge.
* Autumn - Autumn's Release creates a circle around you that follows you as you move, with the size of the circle decreasing over time. The more charges used slows down the size decrease. Along with this, for the duration of the Release, your movement speed is increased.
* Winter - Winter's Release is the longest of the four seasonal Releases, creating a circle at the spot where you used the release. The more charges used up, the longer the Release lasts. As well, for the duration of the Release, the amount of damage you deal is increased.
* Dog-Days/Border - The unique Release for the EX Stage. The shot itself fires backwards, and the Release combines aspects of the other Releases. Like Summer, Void only uses up one charge instead of all of them, creating a circle that quickly decreases in size like Autumn, and drifts backwards.
*Scorefile has 100% completion