Touhou: Illusionary Nirvana (OoC)

Yumetou

Who Do You Stand With?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Realm in the Ruins of Gensokyo, will you support?

• Wisdom and Progress hand in hand! The Eientei Dominion will save Gensokyo!
    • The Strongest should reign! Fairy Queendoms!
    • We shall rise like the flowers in spring! Garden of the Sun!
    • Liberty for Humanity! Hakurei Republic!
    • Byakuren Hijiri is the only one who can bring peace between Human and Youkai! Myouren Temple!
    • Death is only the Beginning! The Netherworld!
    • Only Empress Remilia can bring order! The Scarlet Empire!
    • The Heavens will be ours! Senkai Theocracy!
    • Through Understanding comes Peace! The Underworld!
    • Adversity breeds Inspiration! Youkai Mountain!
    • This is just Game of Thrones for anime girls.

5 hours ago, hades said:

yes it is my first time

Welcome to the world of Play-by-Post! Its a dying RP style which was really big back in the 90s and 2000s. It may seem odd or hard at times. But its a lot of fun.

I'm happy to have you in the group, though I do have a favor to ask. Going by your app, you're new to writing for fun. While that's not a problem for me, it might make reading what you want to happen a little harder. Its nothing to be upset over though. Like riding a bike, you get better the more you do it. The favor is just that you do your best, and that'll be enough for me. If you can do that, you're welcome to join. :)

• Like 1

Hello again one and all! I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I was injured last week on the job. Not enough to go home, but enough to make working more of a pain, and had to take the weekend to recover. The good news is I am hoping to have a starting post up tomorrow! Be there, or be a square!

• Up 1

Oh that’s awful, hope you get better! On the job injuries are always a pain(I have a scar from when I tore open my thumb while working, and it was my second day). I’m excited to start though!

Sorry for the long wait gang. I'm sorry to say I was kept pretty busy this week, and when I did have free time, I wasn't sure how best to start things. Hopefully Saathi and Juuni enjoy their opening posts. If anyone else is still around and wants to play or is interested in joining in, just ping me and we'll dive in.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:33 AM, Yumetou said:

Sorry for the long wait gang. I'm sorry to say I was kept pretty busy this week, and when I did have free time, I wasn't sure how best to start things. Hopefully Saathi and Juuni enjoy their opening posts. If anyone else is still around and wants to play or is interested in joining in, just ping me and we'll dive in.

Ye should I start writing?

• Like 1

Name: Mina Katt
Sex: Female
Species: Youkai (Nekomata)
Personal Power: Vengeful understanding (can influence vengeful spirits to a certain extent.)
Abilities: Business partners (gets a discount in otherworldly ventures inc. shops) slight understanding of Outsider tech.
Nationality: the Underworld

Appearance: A catgirl with twintails and twin tails typically wearing a black warden uniform with the crest of the Underworld on her hat.
Personality: Condescending yet compassionate. very battle-hungry and diligent.
Background: She was an ordinary cat from an employee in O. V. inc. who saw her owner die at the hands of a Lunarian and drank his blood. Swearing vengeance on them, she searched Gensokyo for the lunarian who killed her owner, eventually ending up in former hell. Satori saw how she could influence vengeful spirits and asked her to become a prison warden for those very same vengeful spirits. Mina accepted the offer in order to find out more about both herself and the Lunarians.
Friend: Orin, Chen
Rival: The Lunarians, Eientei and anyone who considers dogs better than cats.

Equipment: A whip, tools for capturing (vengeful) spirits, A prison warden outfit from the Underworld, the clothes of her former owner and his employee ID card.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

May Gensokyo bless you~

5 hours ago, Nyoko said:

Name: Mina Katt
Sex: Female
Species: Youkai (Nekomata)
Personal Power: Vengeful understanding (can influence vengeful spirits to a certain extent.)
Abilities: Business partners (gets a discount in otherworldly ventures inc. shops) slight understanding of Outsider tech.
Nationality: the Underworld

Appearance: A catgirl with twintails and twin tails typically wearing a black warden uniform with the crest of the Underworld on her hat.
Personality: Condescending yet compassionate. very battle-hungry and diligent.
Background: She was an ordinary cat from an employee in O. V. inc. who saw her owner die at the hands of a Lunarian and drank his blood. Swearing vengeance on them, she searched Gensokyo for the lunarian who killed her owner, eventually ending up in former hell. Satori saw how she could influence vengeful spirits and asked her to become a prison warden for those very same vengeful spirits. Mina accepted the offer in order to find out more about both herself and the Lunarians.
Friend: Orin, Chen
Rival: The Lunarians, Eientei and anyone who considers dogs better than cats.

Equipment: A whip, tools for capturing (vengeful) spirits, A prison warden outfit from the Underworld, the clothes of her former owner and his employee ID card.

Hello Nyoko! Welcome to the site, and my one-woman crusade to revive Eientei. Your sheet looks good. Just to caution you, Otherworldly Ventures will appear in the story as both a vendor and an antagonist. So while they will be friendly (ish) sometimes, other times Mina may have to fight them. If you're okay with that, your app is approved.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Yumetou said:

Hello Nyoko! Welcome to the site, and my one-woman crusade to revive Eientei. Your sheet looks good. Just to caution you, Otherworldly Ventures will appear in the story as both a vendor and an antagonist. So while they will be friendly (ish) sometimes, other times Mina may have to fight them. If you're okay with that, your app is approved.

It's fine, it would be an interesting relationship to explore, as well. The cat of a dead employee technically betraying the business... the possibilities are enticing, to say the least.

As for how she would meet the rest of our merry band of partners... Well, she is hunting for a vengeful spirit that likely joined the sanguine brigade, though there are other options for you to choose from.
The Former Hell Prison Complex isn't exactly doing great at this time, that's for sure.

May Gensokyo bless you~

On 8/31/2023 at 11:38 AM, Nyoko said:

It's fine, it would be an interesting relationship to explore, as well. The cat of a dead employee technically betraying the business... the possibilities are enticing, to say the least.

As for how she would meet the rest of our merry band of partners... Well, she is hunting for a vengeful spirit that likely joined the sanguine brigade, though there are other options for you to choose from.
The Former Hell Prison Complex isn't exactly doing great at this time, that's for sure.

Sounds good! I will see if I can get an opening for you after some of the others post, or you could begin with an opening of your own. Mina waking up and starting her day or tracking the spirit's movements would all be good openings.

I keep meaning to have a map, but getting one ready has been tricky since I've had so little time. More or less, the center of Gensokyo is wild country, with most of the Minor Factions and several major ones competing for the space. Its a dangerous area, but its one Mina would know somewhat well.

1 hour ago, Sir I said:

Wait, how can I do my introduction (Since you guys started now.)??? ._.

Hey man. :) Don't you remember? You said you needed some time away so I said I'd rope you into the game when you came back and were up for it.

Ready to genocide the youkai bring peace and freedom to all humans of Gensokyo?

2 minutes ago, Yumetou said:

Hey man. :) Don't you remember? You said you needed some time away so I said I'd rope you into the game when you came back and were up for it.

Ready to genocide the youkai bring peace and freedom to all humans of Gensokyo?

I guess I can't keep my words, eh? But how can I start my introduction?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Alright, both as a reminder and so I stop stressing over exactly how confusing my latest post in the IC is, allow me to query if I can change said post because I swear to the heavens above I was high on mushrooms or something of that ilk when I wrote that. Yumetou, if you've already written your answer to the post, please just refuse this request. you tried to comprehend my madness, or alternatively tried to explain it in a much more organized manner and I'd like to see that. If not, then I am going to organize the events I want Mina to go through in a hopefully much less insane way.

On 10/17/2023 at 3:57 AM, Yumetou said:

I plan on having a reply this weekend.

You've also missed this mark with a couple of months... So has anything changed for the better or has everything changed for the worse? Or was it my lunacy that drove you to despair? Either way, we've taken a break from this roleplay, so I'm going to recap what I can garner from reading the OoC and IC both for potential newcomers and old actors alike. Except for what caused this Gensokyo to be, that is the first post of this OoC and will inevitably be more organized than this post.
Please do note that this is only a general history of what has already transpired, and certain things that I have deemed unimportant will be omitted.

Keiki Haniyasushin

Spoiler

After the invading animal spirits incident was resolved, Keiki became a wanderer having no place to call home. She eventually retreated to the underground after a stay on Youkai mountain where she met and befriended Tenkyuu Chimata, seeing the enmity of humanity in a form. In Former Hell, she met and allied herself with the oni and later the new country of the Underworld.

She was then tasked sometime near the end of season 141 or season 142 to bring a letter personally written by Satori Komeiji to Kanako Yasaka. Rumour has it that the contents of the letter ask of the nuclear furnace in former Blazing Hell. As this was a request by the Underqueen herself, she could not turn it down nor did she want to turn it down. She set off for the Moriya-shi but it is unknown where she is as of current.

Rika

Spoiler

Being a resident of Gensokyo would make one think you would know their past, but Rika here has no known past to speak of, up to season 141 that is. We know that that season is when she joined the Hakurei Republic, likely when it formed. We can also infer from the buildings she has that she was at least in the area of her activity - the Human Village owned by the Republic - for quite a while. She also appears to be head of the Hakurei research branch as she is frequently found in the Hakurei R&D building working on her tanks. After getting forcefully woken up by Suika Ibuki breaking down her reinforced door and angrily commenting on it, she heard Otherworldly Ventures' spokesman, whose name we still do not know, seemingly opening up shop in the village. Time will tell if they are successful in their venture.

Senji "God's Wind" Yamamoto

Spoiler

Senji, being the leader of a tribe of Wanderer Humans, a race of Humans that's best described as essentially minor Youkai, meddled himself in Gensokyan affairs for the first since the creation of Gensokyo. Joining the Hakurei Republic as a method of attempting to preserve his tribe's autonomy and tradition. It is unclear if he participated in the Second Scarlet war, sources from the period already had a tendency to contradict one another, but for every battle there is a source claiming that Yamamoto's forces participated in it and one that says they did not. We've given up on figuring it out.

In the current season Yamamoto was in the Grand Gensokyan Plains (please bear in mind that everyone has a different name for that area) for a scouting operation, saw the Sanguine Warband and promptly departed back to the Eastern Human Village to warn the Prime Minister of Hakurei, Reimu Hakurei, about the threat. He's currently in a meeting with one of his generals.

Mina katt

Spoiler

Mina katt is a Nekomata that was born despite the waning magic of the time. Due to the circumstances of her owner's death: someone belonging to Otherworldly Ventures sent on a mission to attempt to cut a trade deal with the Lunarians, she holds a grudge against all Lunarians. It is as of yet unknown if the Lunarian that killed her owner is still alive or dead. Either way, she stayed in the Grand Gensokyan Plains for some time before finding her way to Former Hell... somehow. Whether that be because she was driven out of the plains or of her own volition is yet unclear again, but there aren't many leads to follow. What we do know is that Satori recruited her as a warden for the vengeful spirits still running amok and that she has a prison somewhere in former Hell for them.

After a vengeful spirit with a grudge against Sanguine Rose successfully escaped the prison, she went after it. Following a quick detour to Remilia for information regarding her former general, she went to the location where the vindictive spirit lay, a place simply know as the Great Hill. That is where she is currently, planning her next move.

I hope this we can start these games again soon.

May Gensokyo bless you~

Wow. :) I am genuinely surprised the RP idea still has your attention Nyoko. I'm genuinely touched.

As sorry as I am to say it, I was just downcast. That and busy with life. I wouldn't say I expected my games to take off, but Dreamy Café puttered out faster than I expected. Illusionary Nirvana seemed to have a lot of interest, but had trouble holding it. Its very hard to run a game with only two people, and didn't expect more to take their place. Since it didn't hold as much interest as I thought, and many people playing the characters vanished, I thought it would be best to just let it let it fade. I certainly didn't want to lead you both on.

That said, if more players appear or want to join, I'll probably continue the game at some point. The Discord is also much more active, so I was considering seeing if a Discord game would have more popularity.

That's also a reason why I did a general recap of what already happened. As a way to get new people up to speed so they won't have pages worth of content to read in order to know what the hell is going on. When people know what they're getting into they're infinitely more likely to enter... in my experience. But I've attached myself to this RP, so I'll likely be silently praying to the gracious gods above and below that we may continue.

If not, well, let us just let this place rest in its coffin, shall we?

May Gensokyo bless you~

• 2 weeks later...

"May the Gods lengthen your life, oh Singh(Lion) of our tribe, there is much to discuss about. Please sit down with me".

"May the blessings of the Gods be upon you too, trusted companion Gorou".

The two friends invoke the blessings of the Gods on each other, whilst shaking their hands, and proceed to sit down on the ground

"You know Genji what our Wadayray(Elders) would say? 'The ground is the companion of our tribe.' It has our steadfastness to the Earth Deities which elevated us to this exalted position our elders would use to say. After having to come to Gensokyo after the loss of our ancestral lands(Somewhere in Japan) we settled in this land because of the Unbreakable Barrier that was placed for the continued survival of our kind. We lapsed into complacency, lulled into inaction because we thought this vision would last for eternity. Yet the calm has been shattered, and Gensokyo has collapsed into petty warlords fighting for whats left of its rotting carcass." 

"Genji, this is our moment to awaken, awaken to a glorious new life. Our elders will once again charge into battle with us once we take the mantle for ourselves. The Gaama will pick up his celestial Guroj(Mace) and empower those who wish us ill."

"I understand that you believe our future lies with the shrine maiden, but how long shall we tarry along with her? The old Gensokyo is irreparable. The authority of the Shrine Maiden across these lands is in all but name. Lately she has not been herself as well. She has secluded herself from all others except her close friends" 

"Genji, the troops will forever remain loyal to the Shrine Maiden, there is no doubt as she is a revered figure for us, the priestess of the God who looks over these skies. We do not fight for glory or for gold, but for what is right. Right now, I entreat you to convince Reimu to abandon this policy of defense and to on the offensive before other Outside Forces take advantage of our disunity and swallow us. Then we shall no longer be free, nor will have a place to call home. This Oscar Diggs is a problem, and so are the Lunarians. We need to find a way to restore the barrier...... or cut off Gensokyo from the other realms in the extreme case"

Genji sat thinking about the shadow of the lamp in the room pensive. 

On 1/15/2024 at 1:12 PM, The_Trader said:

Well I am here if we need a revival. Its just that I lost interest cuz of other problems weighting on my mind

Its cool bruv. Its just really hard to run a game with only two people or less, and until someone else joins in, its not really worth investing in. When some of the old crowd comes back or new people show interest, we can continue. :)

On 1/17/2024 at 2:23 AM, Yumetou said:

Its cool bruv. Its just really hard to run a game with only two people or less, and until someone else joins in, its not really worth investing in. When some of the old crowd comes back or new people show interest, we can continue. :)

Genji will live on comrades