In your opinion, who Is the most beautiful girl in Touhou and why?

At the risk of possibly repeating a thread that may have been discussed in the past, I would like to steal borrow the idea of a thread recently seen on r/touhou. Plus, I do not know if I should restrict this to purely official illustrations of the characters, or include fanart as well. Why I said that? Because I think fanart has had an important role in shaping some of my opinions regarding this question (and quite likely some of the entries in my character sorter as well). 

Anyway, I will the first one to answer. Simplest way to put it is that the one(s) I find the most beautiful might also be the ones from my top 10, since I think beauty was also an aspect taken into consideration besides lore, surrounding creations and what do I associate them with most of the time. Therefore, I would go with:

• Akyuu, even if any times in more of an adorkable way (same applies for Kosuzu)
  • Eiki, especially if going with some of the fanart depictions that give her a more imposing stature, with y of the Lady Yama
  • Raiko - she's a redhead, has my favorite kind of haircut, and I really like her tuxedo (she's so sharply dressed)
  • Renko - similar arguent in regards to the haircut, but I also think there's something great about her that i can't really put into words
  • Hecatia and Orin - again, redheads (I really like them, probably my second favorite hair color after black)
  • Yuuka - there's just something that makes me associate her to the word "gorgeous" 
  • Reimu - a surprise appearance in my top 10, but when it comes to beauty, probably the greatest influence has been her depiction in Forbidden Scrollery - Reimu actually looks great with her hair let loose, without any of the associated accessories

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

• Like 5

spacer.png

hecatia is easily the nicest looking character for me because she looks cool :D
sekibanki is there as a close second too, pretty much for the same reason
and yuuka is yuuka, hard not to say she looks nice
maybe marisa is 4th...? Idk

• Like 2

#1f1e33

You see, I get very torn between the two types of girls I like, which are pathetic little women, and soft looking girls. So, I guess for me I’d say: Keiki, for how soft and fluffy she looks plus her eccentricity; Iku, because she is also nice and soft as well as a hard worker, which I like; Shou, she’s a little soft but mainly she is super pathetic and clumsy, which is adorable; and Youmu, because she tries to be so cool and is so pathetic and tiny. 

I feel like touhou is very full of characters that have flaws and dynamic personalities, so I’m not surprised that this is a topic that comes up a lot because the characters feel very human and not unbelievably fictional in personality. It’s easy to say what character is attractive because the characters have super different personalities, so there’s a cup of tea for anyone.

• Like 2

I'd say Remilia is quite pretty when she's drawn with the intent to appear elegant. The same would probably apply to Flandre but Flandre's the exact opposite of elegant so I doubt we'll get any official art of her similar to the picture below.

Spoiler

https://en.touhouwiki.net/images/4/49/049BAiJRRemilia.jpg

• Like 3

All my respect for every opinions in here. Each 2hu can have something great about them if they are proper put into the spotlight for once. Be it in official materials or fanart. And in some measure, I would even credit fanart for being the one that made me pick who are the prettiest/most beautiful of the girls/women in this series. 

spacer.png