Danmaku Kagura officialy close their game on October 28, Another one down

Agus Mandala

A new Touhou Mobile Rythm Game, Danmaku Kagura that running almost 1 year officialy announce to shut their game on livestream and Twitter on July 18, yesterday. Honestly it's kinda sad to heard one of the most active touhou fangame developers (AquaStyle) decided to shut their game, AquaStyle know as best developer that support Touhou in this era. So there's must be something that prevent this game to continue, i assume it's budget problem. Because it's kinda expensive to bough popular artist music lisence to the game, and gacha is only revenue that this game had. Sooooo, do you guys have any opinion should or shouldn't this game to continue? leave your opinion down below

https://twitter.com/danmakuJP/status/1548986261221781505?s=20&t=Uk1VH0moAUOQaw4w7tZKug

There was one part in me that had light concern to this game. "A rhythm Touhou gacha game? Didn't we had enough gacha for Touhou?" And I guess the answer was "never".

It was a good attempt anyway from AquaStyle for giving us a Touhou rhythm game. They wanted to made this accessible to rhythm game industry, its gamers alike, to give them a new choice over rhythm games.

Honestly, in my humblest opinion, this game deserved so much more. But it was out at the time when those of BanG Dream and Love Live was thriving so strongly. I really wanted this game to be successful when I got to actually played it, but... it all comes down to revenue after all, in the combined look of the gacha industry we see it as now. And.. we see how it ended...

All in all, well played AquaStyle. You gave us something we can have another experience on, but after all, you falter. Maybe we'll be seeing you around again when you decided to make another Touhou fangame, and, maybe then, hope it'll live long and prosper.

18 hours ago, waddlewaffle said:

There was one part in me that had light concern to this game. "A rhythm Touhou gacha game? Didn't we had enough gacha for Touhou?" And I guess the answer was "never".

It was a good attempt anyway from AquaStyle for giving us a Touhou rhythm game. They wanted to made this accessible to rhythm game industry, its gamers alike, to give them a new choice over rhythm games.

Honestly, in my humblest opinion, this game deserved so much more. But it was out at the time when those of BanG Dream and Love Live was thriving so strongly. I really wanted this game to be successful when I got to actually played it, but... it all comes down to revenue after all, in the combined look of the gacha industry we see it as now. And.. we see how it ended...

All in all, well played AquaStyle. You gave us something we can have another experience on, but after all, you falter. Maybe we'll be seeing you around again when you decided to make another Touhou fangame, and, maybe then, hope it'll live long and prosper.

In the end, not only quality that matters, but you need to think more aggresive to survive, such as milking the assets (same as Lost Word), more promotion, or make another revenue source. I've seen this cycle too much, you play some gacha game -> turns out Its very underated great game -> Months later you heard that game are gonna shut their server.

Am I allowed to feel sad for it even though I only played it for like 20 mins? XD
Rhythm games aren't my thing. But quite frankly, I liked what I saw.
A bit of a step up over LostWord graphics and gameplay wise. Dunno about plot.

Edited by Canaranjo

patchouliass2.png.e11a8850318b379359e5d4f48a638bd3.png

...And here I hoped it would live long enough to get the EN.

Looked good, but, well, apparently was too ambitious with getting all the music in there.

Frankly, both this and Cannonball indeed looked like they were rather costly games to support. Lost Word looks cheap... and this is probably why it's still kicking.