What other series do you like?

I like Sonic the Hedgehog. 

The reason I am liking Sonic the Hedgehog is thanks to Sonic CD. It has a time traveling mechanic, 2 ways to get a good ending, good level background and design (except Wacky Workbench level design it is nightmarish. Bouncing around those floors and hitting the Future sign irritates me.) and ultimately the music, specifically the JP version. You can also replay it and yet you feel you are playing it for the first time. So, in conclusion: This game rocks and is the reason I like to play other Sonic games.

Well, thanks for wasting your time for reading this. Have fun.
- RoboticSquire

Edited by RoboticSquire
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

hetalia. i like my funny country men

also i didnt thow they made a collection for homestuck. tried getting into it back in 2014 but i just dont like reading.. i wanted to give it another shot recently but remembering how some of the aspects were flash based it turned me off slightly….

id definitely have to check out that github though🙂

Edited by SP00PZ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

For some game series I really enjoy:

The Soulsborne series has already been mentioned in here and I am gonna mention it again. Nothing beats going through the areas of a ruined kingdom while being always alert for whatever freaky creature wants to attack you. Until now I have finished Dark Souls 1 and 3 and I still have to finish DS2. I wish I could also play Bloodborne, but I can't since I don't own a PS4/PS5.

Psychonauts is another personal favourite 3D platformer series of mine. You play as Razputin Aquato, a 10 year old psychic boy that enters the minds of people, which range from mentally healthy to suffering from mental disorders. It's very creative in terms of mental worlds, character design and more. And it's also one of those games that I really want to read through all the possible dialogue because of how fun it is. This game series also got me into liking psychology.

There is also De Blob. This is an obscure 3D platformer series, released during the Wii days (also ported to modern day consoles and PC in 2017). The premise of the games is that Chroma City (De Blob 1) and Prisma City (De Blob 2) got invaded by an intergalactic empire named "INKT", ruled by Comrade Black, which took away all the colour and life of the cities, turning them into black and white hellscapes, while also enslaving their entire populations (with the exception of some rebels), and pretty much installing a very oppresive dictatorship, and it's up to Blob and a certain group of rebels to bring back freedom. It's very satisfying to turn a soulless area filled to the brim with ink and despair into a lively place bustling with colour. Oh, and the funky soundtrack is just amazing. The best part is that it constantly changes in the backround, depending on how much you paint and on what colour you are painting with.

Hmm, typing this out, I just realised how much I love 3D platformers.

Edited by AlexandruUnu
Had to specify the game's genre
  • Like 2

Hmmmmmmmm

Higurashi naku no koro ni!

Basically, i already talked about it in another thread

But i'll talk about it again so you don't need to go to the thread =)

Basically, Higurashi happens into a small village where some weird deaths are happening, without anything that points to a killer

That stuff is happening due to some religious stuff (there's a god in this village that i won't say the name due to spoilers), and a group of friends decide to investigate it

The anime is based on a visual novel of the same name and has 7 animes, i can list them for you:

1- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni // is basically the beginning xd

2- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni Kai // is the second part =)

3- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni: Special Nekogoroshi Hen // is a extra that happens between the first and second season of the anime

4- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni Rei: is a comedy OVA (if you don't like the violent stuff, you can watch this one, has more fanservice and comedy!)

5- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni Kira: Another comedy OVA, but way more nonsense xd

6- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni Kaku: is a extra episode with +48 minutes (if i'm not mistaken) where a lot of stuff happens and well, tell more would be spoilers, just watch it, you won't regret the experience =D

7- Higurashi No Naku No Koro Ni Gou: is a remaster of the classic animes but with some more stuff

The universe of Higurashi is a whole rabbit hole where you can find a lot of stuff and create your own theories about, there's a arc for each characters going insane... But you'll understand watching it that, aren't arcs, but yes something way deeper than that

Reminder: if you don't like violent stuff, i don't recommend, since there's a lot of detailed and violent deaths, including suicides, tortures and etc (like one when a girl stab a knife on her own head and a torture where a girl have to remove her nail by force, is really graphic, way more with sound, and to make it clear, yes, the little girls also die in brutal ways and one of them even has a detailed scene of crucifix and the other one of crows eating her slaughtered body, it CERTAINLY ISN'T a series for everyone)

And no, talk about the deaths aren't really spoilers because all them get back to life in each arc, since they aren't really dying... You'll have to watch to understand

Anyways, here's some images of the anime and visual novels so you can see if you get interested (i won't add the explicit violent scenes because i don't think is allowed) =)

Higurashi-Sotsu-06-21.jpg

Shion Arranca As Unhas.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Higurashi-no-Naku-Koro-ni.jpg

7d4756f5a27b850bd4c7eeb1c3947f6f.jpg.webp

15-y-o-above-only-higurashi-photos-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-20681994-1600-1305.jpg

images.jpeg

higurashi-hou-switch_03-20-18.jpg

Edited by _.Mevs

Damn, I haven't replied to this thread either?? Bruh
Anyways, this will be a long list, so prepare xd

1. Sonic the Hedgehog

This is one of the first games I ever played, so of course I'm going to love it. I was a Sonic fan since I was 5 years old, so I have been a Sonic fan for 10+ years now. My first ever Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 1, and since then, I was hooked xd
I'm actually mostly a fan of the older Sonic games, from the Classic era to the Dreamcast era, probably because of how much nostalgia I have from playing those games.
I used to play tons of Sonic rom hacks too, which is what inspired me to become a programmer!!

2. Yume Nikki

While technically not a series because it's only 1 game, Yume Nikki is a very weird experience, but in a very good way. I first played the game back in 2018, but I got too scared and dropped it (oops), but I picked it up again in 2019 and the rest is history.
Yume Nikki did kind of get me through 7th grade, I remember it was May/June, I used to listen to Yume Nikki's music (which were just like what, 10 second loops?) and some Yume Nikki remixes while walking around my schoolyard, it was really relaxing and it's so nostalgic thinking about that now... I especially remember listening to this specific video of the ending theme, the image in that video makes me so nostalgic that it hurts...

https://uboachan.net/mado/src/1327028322645.png
I recommend Yume Nikki to everyone who likes weird and atmospheric games, it's truly an experience!
There are also many Yume Nikki fangames, and I played some of them (From the top of my head: Yume 2kki, .flow, Me, Answered Prayers, Uneven Dream). I will be talking about Yume 2kki for a bit as well, since it's the most popular fangame, and it holds somewhat of a special place in my heart.

I first played Yume 2kki in July of 2019, so around 2 months after finishing Yume Nikki. A cool (or not cool) thing about 2kki is that it's made by several people who are all collabing on the game, so it doesn't really have a concrete style.
The music in that game is great as well, so many ambient and catchy tracks to choose from!
The game is MASSIVE, it took me several weeks to finish it, but it's (somewhat) fun to explore. Also also also.. Considering that it's a collaborative game...

image.png.f1c8f2f97f87baf14f8668f539656208.pngimage.png.6b1ab70fc26f84632481110cdc0338a6.png

I managed to get my drawings in it!!! Another drawing should be added to the game soon as well, however, that drawing was the first ever drawing that I made for this game, so it's quite old (from 2020), but it still looks good!
If you decide to play Yume Nikki and the fangames, I recommend to NOT go to the Yume Nikki Online project website, since it's quite buggy imo, so just directly download the game.

3. Celeste

Another game that's not really a series but shhhhh
Celeste is a really wholesome platforming game that's about Madeline, a woman who climbs both a physical and a metaphorical mountain.
The game is hard, but once you get used to the controls, you can glide through the stages really well. The artstyle is amazing as well!
I beat the game several times, and I beat Farewell, the 9th chapter which is also the harderst chapter in the game.
I also relate to Madeline as well at some parts of the game, and I won't lie when I say that I cried at some dialogue.

4. Portal

Finally! A series!
Portal is such an amazing game, that it's insane. The gameplay is REALLY fun, the plot (at least in Portal 2) is great and hilarious, I love the characters, I love everything about it.
I wanted to play Portal ever since I was a small kid, but it was only this year that I got to play it, and I do not regret it one bit.
Portal 2 especially, I did not want that game to end. I love Wheatley, I love GLaDOS, I love Atlas and P-Body... All the characters are so awesome!!!
I wish we had combustible lemons...

image.png.ed45a1f3fc1060168bef1a1a126a3de4.png

5. Half-Life

Half-Life is rotting my brain and I do not regret it one bit!! 😃
Jk, but it's still an amazing game with an amazing plot and characters. The plot actually makes me feel dread when I think about it deeply, and aarghhh there's so much about it that I love!!!
Half-Life is also the reason I will be pursuing game art in an university after high school, because looking at Half-Life 2's concept art made me want to cry from how pretty it is xddd
Gordon Freeman is a badass, although I do feel poor for the dude, imagine going to work one day only for the world to turn upside down...

Half-Life breaks Steam record 24 years after release thanks to  #RememberFreeman - Global Esport News

6. Doctor Who

And now, for a show!
I started watching DW in 2020, when the 'rona started, and...........i still haven't finished it heheh
But it's a really good series, made me cry, laugh, get angry, it's pretty good! My favorite Doctor is 10, played by David Tennant, and I'm glad that David is also playing the 14th Doctor, but I will always know him as 10, sorry David! xd
I have a Tardis shirt and I bought a DW coaster on a con that I went to recently, great show if you like Scifi stuff!

Ofc, my interests will change over time, so I'll be sure to edit this post if I remember something!

Edited by sodaodaoda
muh grammar sucks
  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

• 2 weeks later...

My top could be a bit mainstream, but i still love the shows: 1)Death Note, cause it’s the classics. 2)Attack on Titan, the animation and character development are sick. 3)Naruto, cause its the best from the Big Three. I started watching anime on Netflix, and that’s why the list is so short( I would be very happy if they added more shows, but Netflix not only is not expanding their library with good ones, Netflix is only removing them!! I was so angry when they removed Death Note, like damn!! That was one of the best shows they had. Now I’m watching ซีรี่ย์มาใหม่ here, so I’ve also cancelled the subscription I payed. But it’s so unfair!! Why when I pay I cannot receive the promised thing??

Edited by Kqys9xTK9a5a

4 hours ago, Kqys9xTK9a5a said:

Naruto, cause its the best from the Big Three.

Naruto seems interesting but the problem is that the main character, Naruto make me feel uncomfortable… he is, I don’t know… a little bit too much energetic and fooling around he is my worst nightmare 

But since a lot of people seems to like this manga, can you tell me more specifically why do you like it or what makes it better than another Shōnen ?