What countries you would like to go?

Sir I

I would like to go to Scotland, to compensate for my unknowledge of Polish language, where supposedly I would go to Poland but have no motivation to learn its language. So, I decided that I would like to go is Scotland, because in my opinion, it is less of a crazy place like England.

I know what I would say is cliche, especially what forum we are in, I would like to go to Japan. Maybe live here and make stuff to sell them in Comiket(?). Man, saying this makes me feel that I'm dreaming big...

So, what country you would like to go?

• Like 1

When I was a kid I wanted to go to Japan. I did my best to learn the process, even learn the language a little. My family didn't encourage me. I'd later learn they didn't have the courage to tell me they thought it was a bad idea, and I don't really disagree with them. I got to the day of the application, and was so excited. And...it turns out I was too old. I had a birthday the month before, and the cutoff age was 13 years old. I was so disappointed I just left.

This may have been for the best. I was a shy, awkward kid. I had several food allergies. Mostly to fish and shellfish. Which...is about half of Japan's diet. I had no one to practice the language with, and I doubt I would have fit in any better than at the school I did go to. But part of me still longs to go, and wonders if things might have been different if I had gone.

The more I work at the office, the more I long to give up modernity and run away. To give up ties and cars and nice houses and live on a beach in the Pacific. This is a beach in Saipan, a remote island in the Marianas. The farthest reach of the United States. Almost anywhere else, it would be a world-renown beach. Because its so remote, almost no one knows of it. If you have heard of Saipan, its from WWII. This is Pagan, another island in the chain. Its beautiful. Green trees, soft beaches, a smoldering volcano. Its everything you could want from a castaway tale. Weather is constantly 80-90 degrees, there are only a couple dozen people there, and its hundreds and thousands of miles from anywhere that would bother me.

I used to want to go to Europe. But the older I get, the more leery I get of Western Europe. I may go to Eastern Europe someday. Poland, Greece, Hunary maybe Austria. I'd love to see Thailand, Taiwan and New Zealand someday. And I would quite like to travel across Indonesia, just to see what it is like. By landmass and population-size, it should be a major figure in global affairs, but its so rarely referenced.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 3:45 PM, Maniac Privateer said:

I would like to go to Scotland, to compensate for my unknowledge of Polish language, where supposedly I would go to Poland but have no motivation to learn its language. So, I decided that I would like to go is Scotland, because in my opinion, it is less of a crazy place like England.

I know what I would say is cliche, especially what forum we are in, I would like to go to Japan. Maybe live here and make stuff to sell them in Comiket(?). Man, saying this makes me feel that I'm dreaming big...

So, what country you would like to go?

What made you want to visit Poland in the first place becease it is very interesting for me because i am native and even without knowing language you can easily visit most of the tourist attraction rounds points of interest have english speaking guides almost all people in country can speak and understand english except more remote places small vilages/county's.

I can understand why the learning language can be a pain for non slavic language speakers the "r" sound and the special letters are weird or hard the have grasp on (ą ę dź dż cz ć ł ś) and the gramatic rules that are hard to understand even for natives because they are overly complicated when they are first learn by school/tutors

8 hours ago, Maniac Privateer said:

So, would you recommend me other cities in Poland?

Gdańsk and the whole tricity the museum in the ship Sołdek, Crane from the shipyard there also island Hell's coasside which old bunkers etc.

Gniezno with its cathedral, royal court with king's and bunnies sculptures, round-house brewery with good beer in which you can pay for seeing inside and how it is done and there is museum of the beggining of the country

Holocaust museum if you can stomach things like that

And Poznań when you visit in summer for its two big events "Pyrkon"  fantasy festival and "PGA" Poznań gaming arena convent about games new releases, indie new hardware showcase etc. and aquapark "Termy Maltańskie"

• Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, Maniac Privateer said:

So, would you recommend me other cities in Poland?

What hades here said about the fact that you don't actually need to know the Polish language to visit Poland is true. Most people here know the English language, for better or worse, except the elderly of course, but they might know a bit of russian so there's that. So, visiting major cities/main tourist spots in the country for a foreigner isn't as bad as it may seem. Of course it doesn't hurt to know a few sentences or words, same goes of any other foreign country you visit.

When it comes to which city I would recommend, I would go with Kraków/Cracow and it's surrounding areas. Kraków alone is filled with a lot of pre-war infrastructure, beautiful buildings as it was the capital of Poland, for quite some time. You've got plenty of museums, castles and other monuments which are certainly worth a visit.

When it comes to the surroundings areas, You've got Wieliczka, and it's salt mines, Wadowice, which of course you are REQUIRED to visit as it was the city where our pope was born and raised in, Oświęcim, the city where the Auschwitz Death Camp was placed near, and of course the Tatry mountains, which I love.

You can always pay a visit to the Czechs from there since Ostrava ain't that far away.

So yeah, I think that area is the best bang for your buck.

When it comes to countries I would like to visit, well, tossing Japan aside, as that is rather obvious, I am a weeb after all, I would like to go to a country like Austria, or Switzerland. I love old castles and mountains, and well, these countries certainly do have a good bit of em. Now thinking about it, Morroco also doesn't sound that bad. I would also visit Czechs once again, but certainly not Prague, being there felt like I was in a gigantic tourist trap.

• Like 1