Yippee woohoo an AMA

Cosmic

Alright I got a few basic questions to ask.

- What other communities are you involved in?

- Who is your most favorite unpopular character?

- Favorite food?

• Like 1

It's nice to see you around more Cosmic! There's a few questions I want to ask you as well!

• How did you first discover touhou?
  • Which other video game franchises do you like?
  • Who is the character in your profile picture?
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Juunimeta said:

Alright I got a few basic questions to ask.

- What other communities are you involved in?

- Who is your most favorite unpopular character?

- Favorite food?

- The main one would probably be Joy Mech Fight, an obscure NES fighting game that still holds up surprisingly well to this day (I even have a whole youtube channel dedicated to talking about it). That aside, I'm not super involved in most of the fandoms for things I like, though - if we ignore JMF, this is probably the fandom I'm the most active in just by virtue of my presence on this website.

- Probably either Saki or Cirno (hear me out on that last one). Saki because she's a character I personally really like that I don't think has a lot of fans, and Cirno because while she's arguably the most well-known character from the series, I feel her reputation in the fandom is more just "the funny meme girl that basic new people always say is their favorite", which I think is a shame, since I find her to be a genuinely fun and likeable character when she's written well.

- ...Is it weird that I don't have an answer to that last one?

4 hours ago, Isaac said:

It's nice to see you around more Cosmic! There's a few questions I want to ask you as well!

• How did you first discover touhou?
  • Which other video game franchises do you like?
  • Who is the character in your profile picture?

- I feel like I've always been aware of it to some extent, but my first game in the series was Hisoutensoku, which I got into by accidentally clicking on a link to the game's Discord server and deciding "fuck it, why not give it a try", since I like fighting games and it looked fun. A couple months later, I decided to give the rest of the series a look, since it seemed complicated and hard to get into from the outside and I tend to enjoy those kinds of things, and now here we are.

- The previously mentioned Joy Mech Fight, but also BlazBlue, Sonic the Hedgehog, Bungou Stray Dogs, and Hunter X Hunter (although it pains me that they only gave Cheetu a handful of scenes and made him basically irrelevant to the overall story when it feels like he was written specifically to appeal to me).

- A human version of Zeraora from Pokemon - I'm actually not that into the series beyond that, but I like Zeraora a lot. I don't have a link to the image, since I saved it ages ago, but I'm sure you can find it with a quick reverse image search.

48 minutes ago, Saathi said:

Who are you

Anyways, lets start with the real questions now

• Hobbies/Interest?
  • Languages you can speak
  • Interested in History?

I guess these will suffice

- Mostly art, writing, and designing games in RPGMaker, as well as occasionally making youtube videos like I mentioned before.

- English, obviously, as well as a tiny bit of Japanese (I'm getting there but still quite bad at the moment).

- I do have a vague passing interest in it, but it's not something I'm particularly knowledgeable on, nor have I ever really gone out of my way to study much of it in any depth.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 3