How to get a bit better at Touhou?

The_Trader

I prefer to play the Touhou series chronologically( ok not always).

The attack patterns after the 4th level got really lets say, troublesome to dodge.

So, how would you suggest I become a bit better alongside just playing the game itself to get used to the patterns etc.

I would like to find out from you people.

(I think this is the right place to post this? Yeah I think it is)

Which game are you currently playing?

But yeah, the stage 4 difficulty spike is pretty real in most of them. What I recommend is keep getting better at the first three levels so you can take more lives to stage 4, and use your bombs actively when you don't know what to do. When you don't have to worry about the start of the game so much, you'll be able to focus more on how to dodge the patterns later in the game. Having more lives gives you more room for error, so you can experiment and make mistakes and try your best to dodge each time, eventually you'll figure out a way to do it consistently and get used to general techniques for avoiding bullets.

Oh yeah, one more thing. There are four directions you can move in. Use them. Don't just sit at the bottom and wiggle left and right for the entire game, that's a trap.

Edited by buskerdog
  • Up 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:21 PM, buskerdog said:

But yeah, the stage 4 difficulty spike is pretty real in most of them. What I recommend is keep getting better at the first three levels so you can take more lives to stage 4, and use your bombs actively when you don't know what to do. When you don't have to worry about the start of the game so much, you'll be able to focus more on how to dodge the patterns later in the game. Having more lives gives you more room for error, so you can experiment and make mistakes and try your best to dodge each time, eventually you'll figure out a way to do it consistently and get used to general techniques for avoiding bullets.

Oh yeah, one more thing. There are four directions you can move in. Use them. Don't just sit at the bottom and wiggle left and right for the entire game, that's a trap.

Alternating between Touhou 6 to 8 currently

I try to use bombs but I go pinchuun most of the time before I get to use them

I try different different ways to dodge spell cards, attacks etc, like I found a was to increase my chances of survivability during sakuyas knife attack spell cards in Touhou 6 ( while we are at it, we call the special attacks spell cards right?). Although your point is right you eventually do start to see a pattern experimenting around like this

11 hours ago, FlyingTurtle02 said:

thprac and a will of steel

YES SIR, ABSOLUTELY SIR
On the serious note, I am quite stubborn on getting things done, so that area is covered I guess
Or maybe not

But anyways, thanks!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:21 PM, buskerdog said:

Forgot to thank you

So, Thank you!