Strange Question: What character really need a male version? - Drawining Idea Topic -

Ramon

Posted (edited)

Well... Im just a guy in the community who like drawing digitally or in paper. I was thinking i make a project which works like a "reboot" for Touhou Series without changing the story, but only the character for something more realistic. For this work, well, first i have the idea to bring back the PC-98 characters with more personality and of course, relevant to the lore. But in another side, i noticed in the Touhou games some characters who need more attention or even a design change to make this project.

Obviously is such a weird idea that suddenly appears to the Moriya Shrine, but i fell good to share something cool. 

Edited by Ramon
  • Like 2

• Ramon changed the title to Strange Question: What character really need a male version? - Drawining Idea Topic -

That's an unorthodox question, and for many different reasons. :) Thinking over your answer, I had a number of different thoughts. But after considering things, I think it would be best to start with one of the 98 cast. They've so little attention, and are vague enough I think it lends room for a redesign. My pick would be Orange. She's a very weak Youkai, with a decently sized fan following, and is possibly the weakest starting boss. Which gives you a lot to do with her, whether its recasting her as a heroic knight or a Monkey King style figure, or just a shy, easily frightened dude.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yumetou said:

My pick would be Orange.

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!:KoishiXD:

Orange is a great choice because of how easy it is to learn about her. She only appears once, so you just read those dialogues and you literally know all about her haha. And she's just in stage 1 so it's easy to play the game yourself and check it out :)

As a result, learning her personality is also quite easy. It's always up to personal interpretation, but with lines like "Ahaha, don't underestimate me just because I'm the first stage boss!", anyone could see her as outgoing and likeable. She is practically waiting to be the next protagonist!

Meanwhile someone like Elly or Kurumi, they have more passive dialogues, such as "I couldn't help it! The magician (Marisa) forced her way through ^^' I won't take mercy on you though!". I don't think that's the exact line, but you get that it might be harder to prop up Elly as a heroic character.

Also, earlier today I was coincidentally thinking about a male Orange cosplay (?!). It's surprisingly easy to convert her outfit to be male. She doesn't wear a huge dress like the other characters, so that part is already taken care of. Just shorten her hair, maybe give her cool shades, and you're done!

Once again, Orange would be the perfect candidate for a redesign. She's got so many great qualities  :)

...Okay, okay, I admit, she is my favorite character so I just might possibly have a chance to be slightly considered a little bit biased...

• Thanks 2

Yep, of course i will start the Redesign by her...! Hum, and talking about redesigns, should be a good Idea make some inspiration to Touhouvania too... And yes, i was thinking to enhanced designs for eyeryone too and intragate more the PC-98 characters.

Man... I so grateful for this awesome idea, kymoh.

Ah, and of course i will show more informationa about the projecto later too...!

• Like 2