What anime you are currerntly watching (and other reccomendations!)

Just as the topic says, what are the anime you guys are currently watching. I would also to see any recommendations when it comes to any you are watching (bonus points with me if it ain't something that is main stream or made before the 2010's)

As of right now for me I am watching

Initial D First Stage, its a really good anime about cars and drifting however one turn off for some people was the use of 3D models, they really haven't aged well and you can notice it sometimes when watching but its still really good. The best part of the anime in the Euro-beat music that plays, seriously, they are so good and what keeps me watching it. Here are some of the songs, Remember Me and Love is in danger, no idea why most of the songs have to do with love but hey they are still bangers.

Another one is Hajime no Ippo, its a boxing anime that's a lot more realistic and grounded but with a hint of shonen magic to keep it from going stale, I like the main character a lot, bit of a loser who shines greatly in the ring. What makes me like this series more is the fact that the series tries to humanize the opponents, This is the first anime to make me feel conflicted to see the MC and the opponents fight, I want them both to win because they usually have great reasons to win but I know that only one of them is coming out of the ring a winner.

Well here was my rant on what I was watching, I would like to see what you guys are currently watching and any recommendations, so please share. I don't care if the anime you are watching is some hidden anime no one heard about. I would love to see you talk about it.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

I worship Fumo Dolls

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Daydream said:

im tryna to finish nichijou and it pretty good

I've been meaning to watch that, but I forget, I don't know why I do but I do forget to start watching that.

• Sad 1

I worship Fumo Dolls

9 hours ago, suyu_ said:

well I'm currently watching Bungo Stray Dogs

VERY nice, possibly my favorite anime I've ever watched. How far in are you? Personally, I've been getting back into Fairy Tail lately, I'm around the Oracion Seis arc, really liking it so far. Also started reading Naruto recently, if that counts (I've heard the anime adaptation apparently isn't very good, and a friend of mine had plenty of manga volumes for me to borrow).

• Like 2

re-watching wixoss with a friend cause it's cool so yeah uhh go watch that

selector infected then selector spread, the movie apparently isn't good and the others like lostorage I simply do not care about

Edited by nitorii
  • Like 1

#1f1e33

I'm currently watching Madoka Magica from beginning to end, Though I wouldn't recommend watching it without being mentally prepared.

A much lighter recommendation would be Reincarnated as a Sword, though an arachnophobia warning is in order for the second half of season one.
I could spend a while gushing about it, but I won't... yet.

• Like 2

May Gensokyo bless you~

it's kinda dark-ish maybe sort of might possibly likely able to
in all seriousness, unless you're really sensitive to psychological horror, you'll be fine. if you are tho, all I can say is: get better nerd lol

Edited by nitorii
  • Thanks 1
  • Up 1

#1f1e33

1 hour ago, nitorii said:

it's kinda dark-ish maybe sort of might possibly likely able to
in all seriousness, unless you're really sensitive to psychological horror, you'll be fine. if you are tho, all I can say is: get better nerd lol

I could not have come up with a clearer warning, but seriously, did you have to take that jab at people!? I'll have you know that the abyss of the heart is not for the faint of heart nor is staring at it for too long recommended for those without an iron will or experienced at the hobby...

Okay, maybe not that extreme. Yet, for me who is a 'veteran' of the field, it is relatively tame. (Note that there are different areas of that abyss you need to become a veteran, with just a few transferable skills.) It is mostly a case of not wanting people to run headfirst into something horrifying that traumatizes them to the core of their being; that they'll never forget; than discouraging the general populace of ever interacting with the abyss. it's my first time watching, so I estimated it to be about something me from 4 years ago could handle.

You've either proven that estimation wrong, or sent inexperienced people to an abyss that will change them forever... Let's hope it's the former.

• Up 2

May Gensokyo bless you~

6 hours ago, Nyoko said:

I'm currently watching Madoka Magica from beginning to end, Though I wouldn't recommend watching it without being mentally prepared.

I have heard of the series, never watched it because it looked like one of those Magical Girl anime series that I dont like ( I have watched enough of those because of sisters :SaguDown:), I'm quite surprised to hear that its dark. I should watch it sometime in the future.

• Like 2

I worship Fumo Dolls

I recommend watching "Cyberpunk: Edgerunners". It's a good anime, made by Studio Trigger, only 10 episodes. Stick around up until ep 6 (my fav ep and there's also another one, I think it was the last ep), I don't think anyone can make the music pair up with "that" scene better than Studio Trigger, it's too cool. Although the anime might seems like a long ad for the game (maybe cuz it is lol), it's still enjoyable on it's own, kinda made me want to play the game too honestly. 

• Like 1

I know this is gonna sound boring and repetitive 

But Frieren, i really haven't seen anime this good recently released in a while. Ill just stop there since you've probably heard everything everyone has to say about the show and way better than i could ever.

Aside from that, im keeping an eye on Girls Band Cry(ep 1 was great, and it finally got picked up by a fansub group) and Tonari no Youkai san and that new weird nichijou esk WIT anime. Currently tho im watching Ojamajo Doremi and Mr. Villain's day off.

(Bit unrelated but im reading Subahibi atm:TenshiCry:)

• Like 2

Rekoda to Randoseru. It's only a 3 minute per episode mini series, but I love it, super funny stuff. There's a 10 year old boy who looks like an adult, and he has a high schooler sister who looks like a kid. The 10 year old adult looking brother attempts to innocently interact with his classmates, the police are called by onlookers, and antics ensue.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2024 at 11:54 AM, Cosmic said:

VERY nice, possibly my favorite anime I've ever watched. How far in are you? Personally, I've been getting back into Fairy Tail lately, I'm around the Oracion Seis arc, really liking it so far. Also started reading Naruto recently, if that counts (I've heard the anime adaptation apparently isn't very good, and a friend of mine had plenty of manga volumes for me to borrow).

I just started the 5th season (yeah I'm kinda far hehe)

I also started watching and anime called Moetan but it's kinda boring and heavily sexualized towards the girls (lolicon stuff). I'm not against it but I also try to consume it with moderation