A very typical question, A game you like but everyone hates, and vice versa

NetsumuNico7

I have random likes tbh, so i always interested on your likes too, it may be controvercial to say some of mines, but here we go:

I LIKE, EVERYONE HATES:

Shit, i always think that Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) is underrated unfairly, except the fact that the camera can be tricky to control, the game is fun for me due the OST blasts, as to be expected on Genesis(not a big fan of the saturn ost) and i like the prerendered sprites, i just like choppy old designs for some reason, and it's my fav sonic game of all time no jokes aside, and yeah nostalgia helps too. I kinda understand the reason of the hate, but it's technically one of the most complex oficial Genesis games ever seen, that's a fact, LITERALLY JUST LOOK THE FREAKING 3D INTRO, it is really a Genesis game?

I HATE, EVERYONE LIKES:

I have to be honest, at the time i play the game i was a bit pissed but at the same time i wanted to give it a shoot, i'm sorry... but i don't like Touhou 8 (IN) all because i find it rarely hard, idk what happens to me, but every time playing this i'm just playing so bad at times, and at the time i have played this, i have already completed 3cc EoSD (also played LLS and PoFV, but those games are nothing compared to EoSD), and besides that, i have more fun with EoSD than IN, When i got to Marisa, that's literally RIP for me.

Yah im being very rude, but that was my experience with this game, at least i managed to beat Eirin 2cc or 3cc (i dont remember), if i can save some things, all the character are memorable(i mean it's first windows era), Reisen Boss theme GOOD, and it has midi (I play 2hu in midi, don't judge me)

That's it, I respect your likes as well!

• Like 1

SuwalemDistractionor.gif.744734ef46cde9f46b278e64825ea1fe.gif

Wait that's me as a doll? Yeah, Alice helped me on doing those. She doesn't look like a doll! I played so much Lemmings on my pc, so i got some inspirations of this! Oh boy...

Sprite done by myself!

I would provide you with an answer, if I knew the popular opinion of any games I have played.
Seriously, I could not tell you of a single person's opinion both online and in real life who knows what Scarlet Nexus is. That might just be side effect of my style of finding games to play, however.
Switchcars is another one, but I have not a single clue where the fanbase of that game is. And I have never played something like Fortnite, and never plan to because the few people who I do know play that game I would never get along with... ever.

So instead of not leaving you with a straight answer: I'll just list which obscure games I like, that I can remember.
-Scarlet Nexus. Even though the story was pretty cliche, the combat was awesome and I liked the soundtrack. Definitely something I'd recommend.
-Switchcars. I had fun getting absorbed by aliens when I picked it up. Never got any good at it though. Recommended for those who like highscores in games.
-The Acceleration of Suguri 2. I had fun playing through this Bullet Hell VS story modes... Though again, I was never any good at it. As long as 100% Orange Juice exists, this exists. Not recommended for beginner Danmaku fighters like myself.

I generally try to not play what I don't like, so I can't exactly tell you of any games that I don't like...
Except Suguri and Sora, those two were too high a bar for me to play and I didn't exactly have fun. They're great games, just not for me.

I hope that is a sufficient answer to your question.

• Thanks 1

May Gensokyo bless you~

For the game i like, others hate category the spot would take "Lobotomy corporation" even with problems the game has, it is very good game with rich lore enjoyable music even though most of soundrack isn't in gameplay section of the game and the biggest problem i can remember is the memory leak problem that can be patched with a mod overral i had fun with it.
In short the game is about managing facility using monsters inside itself as source of energy for the city and the player is manager of said facility trying to meet energy quota and additional chalenges the game throws at you the biggest plus this game has is that you yourself manage the difficulty of the game by selecting which monter to add to the roster.

As for the game i hate while others love would be dark souls 1 because most of the boss fights feel mostly the same and are unmemorable for example the tutorial boss fight is copy pasted two additional times, weapons are separated in categories and weapon A and weapon B of the same category feel the same only have different stats and the whole goddamn poise system and roll iframes firstly poise system if you don't have enough poise to don't stager from enemy's attack you will in most times be stunlocked to death, and coming back to iframes no matter what type of roll you have you will be having the same amount of iframes making anything other than fast roll and Dark Wood Grain Ring roll uselles because you will be vulnereable to enemy attacks while still locked in roll animations and possible stunlocked or dead, and to get acces to dlc the 1/5 of content game has to offer you need to go to wiki because i don't believe anyone can figure out the sequence of actions you need to do to acces it;
But for the sake of not being overrly negative the memorable for me bossfight were Manus(dlc), Ornstein and Smough(main objective fight) and priscilla(optional boss) and atmosphere of most areas were well done

• Thinking 1

Oh, Hello again!, i just gonna mention some other games i forgot to mention

i also dislike Minecraft, i played that game and it's not like i hate this game, i found it a little boring to play alone, and i'm do not like the ambient music tbh, i can enjoy it better when multiplayer, but unleast it is bomberman or another online game i like, i prefer to play alone.

I like Super Mario Sunshine, this game was at times considered the worst 3D Mario game, but i think it was like this because it is basically the sequel of 64, yeah can have some shity parts (like that boss on the freaking hotel) but F.L.U.D.D. man, it is the best thing ever created, and the ost is bangers, well i have no other game i remember to play and i liked it more or disliked.

Well, maybe i can put on my likes, any old game on MFGG because they look poorly done but some have their charm and love(Like the Mario Mansion fangame series by FanGuy)

12 hours ago, Nyoko said:

So instead of not leaving you with a straight answer: I'll just list which obscure games I like, that I can remember.
-Scarlet Nexus. Even though the story was pretty cliche, the combat was awesome and I liked the soundtrack. Definitely something I'd recommend.
-Switchcars. I had fun getting absorbed by aliens when I picked it up. Never got any good at it though. Recommended for those who like highscores in games.
-The Acceleration of Suguri 2. I had fun playing through this Bullet Hell VS story modes... Though again, I was never any good at it. As long as 100% Orange Juice exists, this exists. Not recommended for beginner Danmaku fighters like myself.

So yeah, i don't know any of the games except Suguri, but only because i saw their incredibly well done pixelart on Spriters Resources, maybe check it out one time.

As for Hades games, i dont know about the game you like, and i'm not interested to any of the Dark Souls games at all.

Maybe i can go back to see more messages...

SuwalemDistractionor.gif.744734ef46cde9f46b278e64825ea1fe.gif

Wait that's me as a doll? Yeah, Alice helped me on doing those. She doesn't look like a doll! I played so much Lemmings on my pc, so i got some inspirations of this! Oh boy...

Sprite done by myself!