61e Talk of the town issue 23 BOOMING IN ASIA

Macbeth

Hey bros, it is I, Macbeth. col of sixtywan. I hope you are all doing well. You are wondering how I am doing? ty for asking. I am doing quite well, thank you. Nothing new really going on my side, the morgue I am working for decided not to promote me at the end for whatever reason. However, not all is lost, there is another morgue I know that could be using someone that would pay alot more for the same function I serve in this company so I may be looking to head there instead. Other than that, nothing new really.

Actually, I did have a funny dream last night. I had a dream that I was picking up one of my siblings from the airport, but out of nowhere, I received a message on the phone that one my 61e members needed me to pick them up for work at mcdonalds. I decided to go ahead and help my bro since I didn't want him to lose his job. I picked him and then I realized that he lived in a storage unit that somehow had a bathroom inside. The bathroom was in a seperate room within the storage, not sure how that worked. Anyway, all he had beisdes the bathroom was this really small car, sort of reminded me one of those little cars in Mario Kart, in which only one person could fit at a time. I tried to fit in myself and I could feel my legs cramped similar to how when you sit in your car after your mom had adjusted the seat

After I came back to my car after checking his place out, he proceeded to get on my car and asked to drive. I decided it was fine, but once he proceeded to drive us, he instantly did a jersey slide in the highway and was driving 160 mph and I started to panic for my life. after a good bit of swerving around cars, he came across traffic that would have forced to slow down. when he realized he would have to slow down, he just went naw, eff that, and drove through incoming traffic, causing 10 people from the incoming lane to lose balance and crash into a wall or to other cars. For some reason I didn't say anything while this was all unfurling. However, the 61e member eventually saw a church's chicken and stopped there for some food. I then took the wheels from him while he went out to get some church's chicken. the 61e member didn't seem to mind that much.

Anyway, enough of my blogging and on to some very important 61e NEWS

NA - NW

attendance in NA NW has been very strong. Infact, its been the strongest its been in a while. 2 weeks ago, the 61e yielded attendance of about 35 people! Yeah, I am surprised myself we managed to get so many. I suppose its mainly due to the fact that we are still getting recruits and turnover has been getting incredibly low once members are cvlp+. I also have to give credits to the NCOs that partake in the NA events. Our NCOs has been doing really well at organizing the 61e at these events. Jerry has been making the cannon COOK. 2 NA events ago, Jerry got over 50 kills with the cannon. Its quite an impressive achivement considering we get about 110 people in the NA events in average. So if you think about it, if the NA event has 5 rounds and if the opposing team has 55 people each, he killed about roughly 18% of the enemy team in each round.

Though I have noticed in the NA scene, hill camping is now becoming a much more frequent matter. It seems we will be going to what NA was like 2 years ago with the Dirt mounds everywhere and huge grand battle plans with howitzers instead of cannons gging everyone. Not my personal favorite to go about these battles, but when times change, all you can do is adapt. Since ERB does not like to go skirms, we are likely going to be taking the Skirm spot as well for the NA events from now on.

SA - NW

Keeping SA alive has been a very difficult project as there is always the conflict between BR regs and the ERB. If you ask me personally about the matter with the ERB, I can see why some people would have a conflict with the ERB back in 2021, but it has been 3 years ago. The people who actively lead the ERB in place of Napoleon are people who were not key players in the events that unfurled in 2021. I dont believe Jekan had anything to do with it and overall he has been very cooperative in the efforts to help NA and SA grow. Jekan is just an example of other officers too now in this new generation of ERBers who simply just want to keep NW alive in the Americas.

Hopefully one day, the differences in South America can be set aside and NW can be played again by all the bros. There are people who would rather complain for 6 hours on discord about how NW is dying and that how ERB ruined everything instead of just cutting the crap and just get on to play NW. If all the people just stopped bitching and got on to play, everyone would be better off. This game is too old and weary to maintain such pointless conflicts, hopefully someone can be the bigger man.

EU-NW

Well since we dont play the Sunday EU event anymore, several 61e NCOs have decided to organize a training that day for all the 61e members. we have heard reports of some positive responses about the training, so that is pretty good for me. Other than that, nothing really new is going on. We have been looking for an EU cav reg to a 1v1 with (5 rounds NA 5 rounds EU) but we have been unable to find any reg so far.

HK-NW

Some very interesting news has been occurring in the HKzone. Many Australian regs are now beginning to attend the HK events and alongside a few new Chinese regiments that are joining as well. The Chinese community seems to like very much the Flag Respawn Battles that host from time to time. the Australians seem to mixed. I can tell some regiments do enjoy the RLBs while others do not. Its a mixed bag, so I think the best solution is for every week to make the event a normal LB and then the next week make the event a RLB.

In Last week Saturday (March 30th) The 61e brought an attendance count of 20 people to the HK event. Furthermore, the event overall had yielded around roughly 115 players. This was also WITH a password. Next week, we plan to host the same event with all the same regiments without a password and then we will see what the numbers of the event will be like. We are very excited to see what we can do with HK and hopefully something long term can come out of this.

OC-NW

With the return of Australian NW, there are two main communities looking to make their presence with the OC scene. The first and original scene that has been around for most OC-NW history is the MOV led my Hikkupz. Then on the other side is the community led by Acorn, the OBC. Acorn is looking to manifest some community that will likely eventually play Bannerlord S&M once the mod is better. It seems so far, they managed to host an event in BL S&M with 90-100 people. Pretty impressive of them and they also host their events in the city of Perth Australia so that those in Asia can have better ping. Very innovative of them and I must say that I am sure alot of the Asian players are certainly appreciative of that.

Hikkupz on the other hands wants to keep us playing good ol NW, his events are the ones we are currently playing now since attending Friday Australian Events is essentially impossible for our regiment as it currently is.

Generally whenever there are two communities in Australia, a super cold war begins to break out, hopefully nothing like that happens between MOV and OBC for it would probably put Australia to rest once again.

OTHER NEWS:

SIR QUENTIN has been developing 61e tiktoks to help us get recruits. We decided to go with the theme that most redditors tend to use which is usually Tiktoks of r/askreddit posts. Surprisingly they have been quite successful so far in that they have been getting at least a decent amount of views. Doesnt seem like many people are joining the regiment from it, but its something we want to experiment more.

I&E NATION SUBMISSIONS WILL BE OPEN TODAY AT 8PM EST! MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE YOUR NATION TO PLAY AS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Shermanator is still making good music and it has been getting better. Make sure to check out the #61e-OC channel to check his stuff out. His music reminds me alot of old school Flash game music.

COMMANDER BATTLE WILL CONTINUED TO BE HOSTED!!

Sword is having a school project where he needs people to take his survey. If you have the time, pls consider taking the survey: https://forms.gle/z67qoWH54EgNrxwo7

THE 61E DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY IS NOW CLOSED: we will be publishing the results soon

The March donation video is out, be sure to see some world class 61e cooking

The 61e has handed over the administration of the weekly Bannerlord Friday S&M event to Zeus. It will now become a biweekly event that will be hosted by him and his regiment the 1stMI.

Thank you all for reading, hope you all had/have a wonderful spring break and do well at your coming exams.

Edited by Macbeth