Touhou: Imperishable Festival (half drama half mystery series, ongoing)

koakumas

chapter 1

POV: you, yes you

*stepping through the gates of the human village after another day of reimu hakurei being missing and maintaining the shrine. finding yourself a festival going on, until you envision yukari*

yukari: “it seems like you were picked.. but anyway, if you don’t know me i’m yukari yakumo, i was somehow sealed away into someone’s imagination. you need to find a way to stop this festival, my gaps tell me the person is in the festival. it’s a youkai, and since youkai somehow squeeze themselves in, you gotta find the girl that stands out. even reimu is like this, she got sealed away into someone’s imagination.”

*and before you could say something, yukari fades away. however, you gain her abilities!*

human #1: “how is reimu hakurei missing?!”

human #2: “no idea, she must clumsy again”

human #1: “kidding me? she could’ve just screwed up!”

human #2: “should we ask kaguya?”

human #1: “kaguya?”

human #2: “she hosted the festival, maybe she has an idea!”

*as you hear them discuss, you decide to also ask kaguya hourisan, however she’s hard to find sometimes. you walk through the crowds of people, searching for kaguya.. until…*

aya: “extra, extra! we have reports of possible location for reimu hakurei!”

you: “excuse me, where?”

aya: “oh, she is- wait, you must be one of reimu’s friends. she is somewhere around marisa’s house.. who also went missing. i’ll try to help if you ask, haha!”

you: “i’ll be asking kaguya-“

aya: “she’s on top of that roof there” *points to the roof*

you: “a-alright, thanks!”

[part 2 coming likely next week]

Untitled6213_20240303175951.png

Edited by koakumas
  • Like 1

aya: “not a problem, human. let me know about anything else, haha!”

*and then you randomly hear laughing coming out of the festival, sounding like a maniacal child*

*but before you could make your move, kaguya comes out of the crowd, with a smile*

kaguya: “hehehe.. seems like we’re attracting more humans, huh?”

*you stand there in silence, until she speaks up again*

kaguya: “ah.. it seems like you’re one of reimu’s ally/friend. you must could preserve balance with her, like marisa? ah.. that doesn’t matter. you want my help, is that so?”

*you nod, and just before you could tell about yukari, she speaks up once more*

kaguya: “ive seen who did it. i just need to find her again.”

you: “her?”

kaguya: “yup, from the sound of it, she’s not from the village, more so one of those youkai.. the laughter you heard was from what it sounded like a child, it’s high pitched and everything..”

you: “which of the youkais are children?”

kaguya: “i suspect-“

human #2: “KAGUYA!”

*the two humans you saw earlier ran up to you two*

kaguya: “oh! it’s kuyara and ibunde! how are you two? bet this festival makes up its spirit?”

human #2 (ibunde) : “we’re wondering about reimu, who did this incident?”

human #1 (kuyara) : “ah.. it could’ve been someone in this f-“

kaguya: “no, she’s not at the festival. i suspect it’s..”

[chapter/part 3 coming likely next week]

kaguya: “i suspect it’s…”

*the three of you stare at her, waiting for something to finally answer her question*

ibunde: “answer! answer!”

kaguya: “…”

*she kept silent. there’s nothing. nothing*

kaguya: “.. i don’t actually know!”

kuyara: “seriously? that’s what we waited for?”

kaguya: “what? that’s the name of the group-“

ibunde: “WHAT ITS THE NAME OF THE GROUP?!”

kuyara: “they need some better naming”

you: “yeah.. come up with some originality.”

*the two girls nod in agreement then turn back to kaguya*

ibunde: “so who are the members?”

kaguya: “i have no true idea. yukari yakumo might have an idea”

kuyara: “is that so? that sage?”

*you kept silent knowing the two don’t know where she is actually*

ibunde: “hey… might as well look for her! kuyara, come on!”

*the two girls started to leave through the gate. until suika, yuugi, and kasen came through the gates, all drunk. suika drunkenly approached you while kasen and yuugi part ways into different areas of the village.*

suika: “aha.. i have this syringe here.. i don’t know who should get injected and no idea what to do… AH!”

*suika collapses on the ground and slept there but she slipped the syringe and it landed on your arm. kaguya holds you steady then she notices the ibunde and kuyara on the ground after the three oni burst through the gates.*

kaguya: “you humans okay, though?”

*the syringe has the effect into making one drunk. so you start to feel like passing out*

ibunde: “kaguya! what’s going on?”

kaguya: “the oni crashing it all again. try to ignore it.”

*…and then you passed out*

[part 4 soon!]

*and you passed out…*

*you finally woke up in the festival still going strong. kaguya is nowhere to be found, neither the two girls. or even suika. so you run through the crowd trying to find the exit.*

human #3: “isn’t it weird we’ve been here for… 7 hours of this festival”

human #4: “yeah, it’s trippy, but we’re still going strong so that’s what matters!”

human #3: “hell yeah!”

*7 hours is trippy. you then continue to squeeze pass the crowd until you found loads of dango on a nearby table. so you run up for a rush of dango*

???: “oh there they are!”

*everyone turned their attention to something… ibunde and kuyara. those same two girls*

ibunde: “i see, they must’ve been concerned of what happened!”

kuyara: “well, have you seen any of the three oni? raise your hand?”

???: “BUT I AM AN ONI!!!”

*yuugi spoke up, her tall height distinguishes herself from the crowd. being 4x taller than you*

ibunde: “i see, i see. any oni should be not partypooping… right?”

*yuugi shakes her head no, she’s just there to have a good time with humans*

kaguya: “girls, we’re at a far worse situation here, move, move”

*she takes the two girls somewhere else, at the other end of the village… you stay by the dango until you realize what happened, so you finish up one more stick of dango and went on your way, out the village*

Posted (edited)

*you bash through the exit and light flashed into your eyes. it was night in the village but day outside. what’s happening? no matter, you don’t know where to go next until you ended up running into reisen udonge inaba..*

reisen: “e-eh?! a human outside the village?! what are you doing here?!?!”

you: “r-reisen? why you panicking??”

reisen: “oh! this is bad!! eirin-sama mysteriously went missing! i did hear cackling from some child-like youkai! warn kaguya-sama!”

*you remembered the kaguya was back at the village and also remembered you still haven’t used yukaris abilities!*

you: “i’ll tell her! what’re you gonna do?”

reisen: “uh- i’ll need to head there myself too, this is terrible!!”

you: “right, okay..”

*you then opened a gap below you two which you fall into onto the roof next to kaguya, who’s talking to the girls*

kaguya: “.. we are in no need to war-“

reisen: “KAGUYA-SAMA!!!!”

kaguya: “ah! reisen-ch- i mean san! why you panicking, hm??”

reisen: “AH- eirin-sama went missing mysteriously! i heard the cackling of a child youkai when she went missing on me!”

kaguya: “mhm, mhm.. you saw the youkai?”

reisen: “u-uh.. no?”

ibunde: “question, how you guys got here this fast-“

you: “don’t ask..”

kaguya: “have.. you talked to tewi?”

reisen: “she’s missing as well! i searched the entirety of the bamboo forest! no trace of her!”

*kaguya nods then looks down at the village still going strong. before she has to say something*

kaguya: “i’m taking this human’s side and yours reisen. what i have to reveal, it’s the result of some sort of loophole creating this endless festival..”

reisen: “then it should be known as..”

*you four looked at each other (the girls, you, and reisen) before turning back to kaguya*

the four of you: “The Imperishable Festival Incident”

yukari: “great job, human. though, i may suspect the culprit is not what she seems. she may be even on your side, i’ll be waiting here. though you have my powers, you can’t manipulate the boundary to the day and night to make the festival end, i’ll have to be set free.”

“she might not be on your side after all”

[part 6 coming soon!]

Edited by koakumas
it’s part 6 not part 7 :skull:

• koakumas changed the title to Touhou: Imperishable Festival (half drama half mystery series, ongoing)
  • koakumas locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • koakumas unlocked this topic

“and she may not be on your side after all.”

kaguya: “.. got it?”

reisen: “yup, kaguya-sama!”

*the rest of you nod and split your ways. you opened another gap for you to fall through as kaguya turns her back again. you ended up what it seems like where the misty lake is in the distance*

???: “KYAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

*there it is, the laugh again. coming from the lake, so you dash towards it. as you made your way to the lake, you found daiyousei randomly fire danmaku at you.*

daiyousei: “puny human! get out of the lake!”

*you can tell she was driven mad, she had two victims in hand: eirin and yuuka. she somehow gotten both, two strong youkais.. especially yuuka*

daiyousei: “no need to save them! just go!”

*before her somehow powerful danmaku hits you, as you cover your face with your arm, you heard a sound. but as you move your arm away, you notice your away from the danmaku. who did this?*

???: “ahem..”

*it was the SDM crew! daiyousei saw this and fled the scene, taking eirin and yuuka.*

remilia: “what a coward!”

flandre: “that’s not how you play, fairy lemme-“

*before flandre dashed away, meiling catches her in time.*

flandre: “aw man!”

*now it seems like you have some more people on your side! but who could be the main culprit?*

*well, who could’ve brought the SDM crew here anyway? no matter.*

remilia: “well, seems like we found a culprit.. right, human? be glad she brought us out.”

sakuya: “you’ll definitely need a lot of training to defeat whoever that is, i believe. so, human, we’ll be here to battle you so you can get stronger in the process. alright?”

*you nod, you then opened a gap below you to find yourself ending up near the hakurei shrine again. then you see hata no kokoro. her mask had a worried expression.*

kokoro: “this is bad, this is bad!”

*she then spots you and before she can ask for help, she was getting strangled, but you can see it… the wings of daiyousei again.*

daiyousei: “you’re not going anywhere, stupid menereiki!”

kokoro: “wh- that’s just-“

daiyousei: “shut up you moron!”

*and as you charge up your attacks like yukari might, daiyousei teleports away with kokoro. great.*

you: “kuso! (sh_t!) now what?!”

???: “run.”

*and as you turn behind you, there’s daiyousei. kokoro passed out after being strangled so much. she stares at you.*

daiyousei: “run, you idiot. you don’t want her to spirit away you?”

you: “her?! yuyuko?!”

daiyousei: “KYAHAHAHA!!! that’s on you to find out you dumb human.”

*be glad she’s not aware you have yukaris abilities. she is saying “her”.. but which her? yuyuko is a suspect indeed.*

daiyousei: “so? why you standing there? would you want to spirit away with this moron?”

you: “no?!”

daiyousei: “then run, and don’t ever get involved with this incident, you hear me?!”

*you nod, you’re still getting involved anyway, just lie to her, she ain’t like satori.*

daiyousei: “good, now scram!”

*she turned her back and as she did you opened a gap below you. you end up where reisen was, near the misty lake.*

reisen: “oh! human! i heard a fairy was taking eirin-sama and yuuka! i wonder where they are!”

*you wonder as well… this is harder than you thought.*

*as you watch reisen wander aimlessly around the area, you see a ghost. no, a ghost with a… humanoid body? as you step closer, you realize it’s your suspect: yuyuko saigyouji!*
reisen: “huh? that’s just yuyuko?”
you: “she’s my #1 suspect right now, she could be the person!”
*reisen stands there confused, until she realizes but as she tries to speak again, you’re off to see her. yuyuko finally spots you.*
yuyuko: “oh! a human! do you know where’s my gardener? youmu konpaku?”
you: “i was kinda gonna ask the same but whatever, you’re one of the suspects to me for this incident.”
yuyuko: “dear i-“
???: “YUYUKO?!”
*it was ibunde, with kuyara being dragged by the clothes.*
kuyara: “but this might be a bad idea, y’know… IBUNDE? THE ONE WHO GETS OVERWORKED? and damn, you pull so hard, no wonder why you have oni strength.”
(side note: ibunde has the strength of an oni and kuyara has the speed of a tengu.)
ibunde: “oh shuddup kuyara! it isn’t so bad! yuyuko!!”
*she dashes off and lets go of kuyara as she does so, landing her on the grass. kuyara’s glasses being held on in case they don’t drop. (even tho her glasses can’t fly off) yuyuko chuckles at this.*
ibunde: “s-sorry! just kuyara being kuyara, but anyway, didn’t you say that you weren’t the suspect of this incident?”
yuyuko: “yes dear, im not putting any contributions, just finding youmu~! i wonder where she is!”
*now you know, pretty easy now, right?*

yukari: “well of course, yuyuko isn’t evil. my gaps are now taking me everywhere, so now, there’s no exact location, look everywhere you can.”

the official trello to the story is out! REMINDER: SPOILERS!!! 
https://trello.com/b/QFTV6KRR/imperishable-festival-trello

*yukari fades away once more, clearing your vision again.*

kuyara: “oh my- so you’re saying that youmu went missing on you? that doesn’t sound like her at all.”

yuyuko: “yes, she mysteriously went missing on me, but ran yakumo was there, she’s just watching the ghosts. i didn’t wanna disturb her so i went off to search her myself.”

ibunde: “might as well continue our adventure! c’mon, kuyara!”

*she grabs kuyara again and drags her along again.*

kuyara: *chokes* “IBUNDE, LET ME GO, YOUR ONI STRENGTH IS TOO MUCH! IM CHOKING!”

ibunde: “someone complaining again?”

kuyara: “YEAH IM CHOKING HERE!”

ibunde: “how about i lighten my grip a bit!”

*she keeps dragging kuyara along but her grip got more stronger. yuyuko and reisen giggle to themselves watching the two.*

kuyara: “AAAAAH IM GONNA PASS PUT YKNOW?!”

*ibunde spots the misty lake and she thought of something, she then lets go of kuyara, who’s almost gonna pass out, and jumps into the lake.*

kuyara: “uuuuu… IBUNDE?!”

*the splash was so great because her strength is far too powerful. she was wondering if the culprit was in the waters. she was then dragged out by kuyara who also jumped in.*

ibunde: “i wanna do it again, kuyara!!”

kuyara: “you’re gonna drown, you never learnt how to swim unlike me!”

ibunde: “but i am learning, right now!”

*reisen bursts out laughing despite she can’t swim either. nearly anybody knows how to swim.*

you: “cmon reisen, let’s go actually find who it is.”

reisen: “alright then, i hope kaguya isn’t going impatient.”

yukari: “that ibunde girl is onto something. she may know where the culprit is. just let her “stupidity” lead her to something.”

*after a few seconds you come back with reisen poking your shoulder. the vision of yukari has seriously blinded you.*

reisen: “uhh… gensokyo to… oh.”

*your eyes cleared and you can see again,  reisen standing in front of you waving.*

you: “a-ah, sorry reisen. what is it?”

*both of you started to walk towards the forest of magic, looking for clues.*

reisen: “well, it’s mostly kinda a thing, but like.. i’m trying to cover up tewi’s and eirin’s disappearance. kaguya-“

*she trips over a rock and falls into a giant hole in the ground. it’s pitch black.*

reisen: “UWAAAAAAAAAA…”

you: “reisen?!”

*BAM*

you: “kuso!”

*you opened a gap covering half of your body, opening to the other side with reisen on the ground, knocked out. poking her a bunch till she gets up.*

reisen: “uwaaa… ah great! where the hell am i?!”

you: “well we’re..”

*you look up to see spider webs everywhere and a exit (besides the one in the roof.*

reisen: “great. im stripped down of my powers so now i can’t float, and i can’t use much of my powers again.”

*you look unamused as you opened a gap below her as she ended back up outside. you also sent yourself back outside.*

reisen: “uhh..”

*CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!*

you: “what?”

???: “huh?! you scared?”

you: “who the hell are you?!”

*you prepare your attacks as reisen tries to identify the shadow.*

???: *mumbles* (“damnit almost catched that youkai..”)

*the sun starts to shine over the unknown person, it could be clear who it was… her tied blue hair sways with the wind…*

???: “couldn’t it be more obvious…”

mizuchi: “miyadeguchi mizuchi, the jailbreak king!”

reisen: “nope, never heard of you..”

*mizuchi stands there a little shocked how reisen never knew who she was.*

mizuchi: “ahaha!! you two will be spared for now! i got business to do on who is the culprit this incident is!”

*she throws her handcuffs as a threat, it nearly hit reisen.*

mizuchi: “whoever dared to disturb the incident i was causing shall suffer from a vengeful spirit! you shall not get in the way!”

reisen: “woah.. uhm… we’re solving it as well..”

*mizuchi laughs, she doesn’t care.*

mizuchi: “fine! if you are solving it, credit me for “helping” you guys! now where was that youkai…”

*mizuchi continues her search for that youkai she was trying to possess. you and reisen continue your walk. next thing you know you found kogasa running from a familiar fairy… DAIYOUSEI!*

kogasa: “HELP! I DONT WANNA GET SPIRITED AWAY!!”

*and then daiyousei grabs kogasa by the clothes to where she’s chocking and teleports away before you opened a gap in her flight path.*

you: “kuso! now the karakasa is gone!”

reisen: “uh oh… i think we have bigger problems on our hands…”

*a familiar magician’s hat was lying on the ground in front of both of you. now’s the time to get serious…*

*reisen grabs the hat, analyzing it.*

reisen: “yup, this is marisa’s hat.”

*you then looked at it before ended up inside the scarlet devil mansion by likely sakuya*

remilia: “sakuya told me you guys are frolicking around instead of solving the incident?”

*reisen gets startled and turns behind her*

remilia: “that’s not good out of you two…”

sakuya: “remilia-sama, you heard that wrong. they actually found a clue..”

*sakuya points to the hat still in reisen’s hands.*

???: “clue?”

*a thump hits behind remilia. it was flandre*

flandre: “lemme see that!”

*she snatches the hat out of reisen’s hands, she looks at it too. the white ribbon is there, that’s obviously marisa’s*

flandre: “… where was this?”

reisen: “oh- well, between the forest of magic and the human village!”

flandre: “sakuya-san! send us there!”

*in an instant, sakuya brought you, reisen, remilia, and flandre to the same location where you found the hat.*

remilia: “AAAAH- SAKUYA-“

*sakuya then instantly brings out parasols for both remilia and flandre*

sakuya: “so… reisen-san?”

reisen: “yes?”

sakuya: “this is where you found the hat?”

reisen: “yes, this is the spot.”

*you then felt flandre tug on your clothes. flandre sighs.*

flandre: “oh how i want to take revenge on my sister one day for locking me in “basement” though..”

*she stares into the blue, clear daylight in the sky she then looks at you again. she holds her umbrella tight making sure it does not drop*

flandre: “you, a human, may not relate to those, oh my, entire life in the “basement”. i enjoy it but i also don’t.”

*her læventan drops to the ground as she looks at the ground, its weak base shatters as it hits the ground. it’s no more.*

flandre: “i’m sorry for all my “plays”.”

*she hugs you, she actually does mean it…*

*remilia saw this, she starts to tear up a bit.*

remilia: “i should’ve not been a mean sister to my dear flandre.”

*you and sakuya stare at her, neither of you expected her to say that, she takes the parasol out of sakuya’s hand and holds it.*

remilia: “i wish to not be a mean sister, and now, she’s driven to a “playful” insanity that i couldn’t stop. i wish its over.”

*remilia tears up even more, flandre stares at her, she looks both mad and happy? her tears start to squirm out of her eyes.*

remilia: “flan…”

flandre: “these ripples of 495 years, leads to an apology… you need to repay more than that, sister.”

remilia: “m-more?! i-“

*flandre grabs a piece of the now broken læventan and throws it at her, it barely misses.*

flandre: “how about we go down with a fight! you’ll… no… i’ll come to you!”

*the pieces form back her weapon, as she charges at remilia with her gungnir in hand, as the two battle one another.*

sakuya: “stay here you two.”

*in an instant she is at the two with both sisters in hand.*

flandre: “s-sakuya?!”

remilia: “I’M SERIOUSLY SORRY FLAN!”

sakuya: “hush.”

*flandre and remilia drop both of their weapons, they then break.*

reisen: “we need to get back to what we’re doing! c’mon human!”

*reisen grabs your arm and in an instant the sisters and sakuya is back on action.*

you: “man… ripples of those 495 years…”

flandre: “if i could, i would’ve locked remilia in the basement for 495 years but a deal’s a deal.”

*all five of you walk into the forest of magic…*