I have problems running those fangames, I need a little help!

NetsumuNico7

So after seeing gamplays of those games, i decided to give them a shot! Yippie.... 

Uh no...

imagen_2023-09-13_200950433.png.ce1e0da52f248726e7e38359bd13684c.png

The application does not want to start for some reason, That was "Dangerous Suwako" and that's not the only one.

They are other 2 who also have similar problems:

1.- Dangerous☆Patche-san Moya no Tabi 4 :

image.png.c816869aff13f017f0d958ccb20ec4c6.png 

So, i dont understand what i have to do here, there is not UDM file at all when i installed it if, someone knows, I appreciate your help.

2.- Suwako no Patcherisu

Ok, when i go first to the exe, this is the first window it opens(after the "administrator thing" stuff)

image.png.ecb0023898db4f62e29d97e1a76d4c78.png

Si and No are obviously Yes and No, so what happens when i press yes?
This:

image.png.32393b2e8cd058f2bfb95935dd632d42.png

Idk but i think it is a installer and it wants to say to me where i can put the game stuff

If i pass this in any way, or before i pressed No in the past window instead :

image.png.fbe3af28ec635f9e23c53497219041a5.png

Im here... i dont understand anything, if i press the "???(C)" button it just closes the window and nothing happens.

Idk how to solve this seriously welp, again I appreciate your help.

• Sad 1

SuwalemDistractionor.gif.744734ef46cde9f46b278e64825ea1fe.gif

Wait that's me as a doll? Yeah, Alice helped me on doing those. She doesn't look like a doll! I played so much Lemmings on my pc, so i got some inspirations of this! Oh boy...

Sprite done by myself!

I have not got access to a computer with Windows system now, so I will try to explain using WINE.

It seems like you might need to use Locale Emulator and run these games in Japanese. They might also require DirectX Redist (June 2010) to be installed, at least Suwako no Patcherisu requires this. I checked it with WinXP, Win7, Win10 API and everything worked after that. It seems like you are using Windows 11, so you might need to change compatibility mode. Also you might need to change some settings in launcher menu like this (all these game have the same menu) (for some reason fullscreen mode crashes WINE):

Screenshot_20230914_073619.thumb.jpg.0f0c9f6124367ec7614619265a08fe40.jpg

About the last two games. For some reason they were uploaded here without extracting. They are packed like in CD disks, so you need a program which can open such files. I will use PowerISO 4.6. You will need to open .cue file with such program (.cue and .bin files must be in the same folder) and after that extract all files.

Screenshot_20230914_080934.thumb.jpg.6beeff40cb16a0bf325ea20c68d96df8.jpg

After that you can find the game in the folder where you extracted all files. 

The .exe files you tried to open for the last two games were updaters which require the original game to be installed, so they didn't work. After pressing Yes (Si) in the opened menu you need to press the button on right from empty line (??? button) and select the game folder location, after selecting it press OK button. After that the updater will update the game automatically.

I hope I helped you.

• Thanks 1

Well, i have some things to tell about those games now:

1. Dangerous Suwako was impossible to open or idk, i already attempted to put Japanese and DirectX on it, but i still not able to pass the same error screen. (Or idk it was correct because i was trying with some of the files i had)

image.png.8bc8326f5dd4913c8fd7752ab76fcd57.png

2. However, it is not all bad news, i actually managed to run Suwako no Patcheritsu without problems!, what a fun game, it reminded me of that mario vs dk 2 mini-marios strategy stuff and the puzzle mode is brain killer at higher dificulties...

image.png.c1c7fefd0de132fb6646c7a2bf98690f.png

Also, thats me, or those little "Suwako dolls" (as the game refers them) reminds me of the Lemmings game. Look they look really similar! That much that i like to call those "Suwalems"

image.png.7c9a60057ccfe1540b573dbcc2302f29.png image.png.cc8c47389a0e8e044eb395fa28ccdd98.png

3. Oh boy... i ALMOST say the same for the Dangerous Patchy 4 one, but after a lot of configurations, i went to a window who looked like this:

(Capture taken for the official site and edited, because i forgot to take it before)image.png.05dfc9d60a3d21a996d0ceefaaea05b6.png

And well, because i dont have Google Lens or similars, i was like "Bro, now what" so i selected those options, after that "it opened the game"... Only to be closed again! I tried again, but that window before the game not longer apaered, and every time i start, It goes to the game directly, but as i said IT CLOSES AGAIN! I even tried to unistall it grabing all the stuff then Supr (it deletes files completely, not going on the recycle bin) But still failed, and i think there is no cache to delete, that would save me, if you know where the data is... That would help me SO MUCH!

Overall, at least is 1 of 3. It could be worse, Thank you for your help for now!

Edited by NetsumuNico7
Fixed some typos

SuwalemDistractionor.gif.744734ef46cde9f46b278e64825ea1fe.gif

Wait that's me as a doll? Yeah, Alice helped me on doing those. She doesn't look like a doll! I played so much Lemmings on my pc, so i got some inspirations of this! Oh boy...

Sprite done by myself!