• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Your favourite and least liked/most hated PC-98 Character?

What is your favourite Touhou PC-98 Character and what is the character from same era you like the least/hate the most?
I'll start, my fav is Yumemi Okazaki and the character i dislike the most is Mai, the type person you dont wanna be friends with
 
Big fan of Alice (I dunno, I just like how they put an Alice in everything in Japan and she's just a basic Liddell to me). Not a big fan of these bullets randomly popping up at the bottom of the screen with zero warning. Knowing that the Seven Magical Balls are a character, the bullets are as well.
 
Favorites for me would probably be Shinki, Yumeko, Mima, Shingyoku (HRtP first stage boss), Kana, and Kotohime. (Shingyoku would make for my favorite PC-98 character if there were more stuff relating to him/her). Least favorites... well, I guess basically most of the characters. I like some of them (such as Yuuka, Yumemi, Elly, Kurumi, Chiyari, Ellen), but many of the rest don't always stick out as well for me.
I also generally prefer the design and overall personality of PCB's Alice, but the personality of PC-98 Alice is also interesting.

PS
I'm basically taking "like/hate" to also mean "favorite/least favorite".
 
Last edited:
Big fan of Alice (I dunno, I just like how they put an Alice in everything in Japan and she's just a basic Liddell to me). Not a big fan of these bullets randomly popping up at the bottom of the screen with zero warning. Knowing that the Seven Magical Balls are a character, the bullets are as well.
What are the 7 magical balls? I searched it up and got nothing
 
What are the 7 magical balls? I searched it up and got nothing
I believe he might be talking about either YuugenMagen or a set of magical orbs which are another mid boss (and I've forgotten the fan name of).
 
I "hate" Mima. Well, I really don't; everyone jokes that she is returning in the next manga or game as a form of cope. So I've come believe my glorious SIGMA eyeball + Rika are coming before her bum ass.

Don't really have any strong opinions on everyone else.
 
I "hate" Mima. Well, I really don't; everyone jokes that she is returning in the next manga or game as a form of cope. So I've come believe my glorious SIGMA eyeball + Rika are coming before her bum ass.

Don't really have any strong opinions on everyone else.
I personally like Mima partly because of the jokes and more because she's an interesting and surprisingly complex character. In some ways, she's like the "great-grandmother" of future Touhou characters (well, one of them at least).
She also has one of the best PC-98 character designs to me as well.
 
Back
Top