• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

The Reality of Touhou

Flame Sniper

Shrine Maiden
TLDR: Me and others made some research and well... Touhou could be in problems and everyone needs to know. Read about it at: The Reality of Touhou

The AI and Copyright strike situations lead me into researching the past of Touhou and Team Shanghai Alice (specifically ZUN & Ruw).
Within that research, me and the few friends who helped me found out many hidden details that very few people in the community got to know. For example, how much do you know about Ruw? (the one that is in charge of the legal side of Touhou)

Another one, did you know that Touhou was never (in legal paper) friendly to fan creations? Or did you know that Team Shanghai Alice broke the copyright out of a traditional dyed paper collection?

I would have placed the findings on this forum directly (or in MoTK), but having them on my website makes it more accessible to the rest of the internet and i prevent the data from getting compromised due to forum limitations.
I hope you enjoy it, let's not kill each other over this, we can be constructive (hence why I am posting this here).
Time to read, it's like 5.829 words long...
The Reality of Touhou
 
Hi, I'm one of the participants involved in making this, and it's a pleasure to be able to actively contribute to these efforts.

I find this situation extremely concerning, and even more worrying is that so few fans are paying attention to it. I believe the only ones aware are the users of this forum.
We hope that fans from other regions take notice of this and hold those responsible for these bad practices accountable for their actions!

Btw, I can tell you that Ruw and his friends are aware of our moves, as the leader of the doujin software circle D.N.A Software (a circle Ruw is part of) blocked me on Xitter a few hours ago, even though I've never even mentioned him. So, they must have already seen this 'open letter'.
1748711635140.webp
 
Hi, I'm one of the participants involved in making this, and it's a pleasure to be able to actively contribute to these efforts.

I find this situation extremely concerning, and even more worrying is that so few fans are paying attention to it. I believe the only ones aware are the users of this forum.
We hope that fans from other regions take notice of this and hold those responsible for these bad practices accountable for their actions!

Btw, I can tell you that Ruw and his friends are aware of our moves, as the leader of the doujin software circle D.N.A Software (a circle Ruw is part of) blocked me on Xitter a few hours ago, even though I've never even mentioned him. So, they must have already seen this 'open letter'.
View attachment 10140
What is happening over there? Japanese fandom has no clue what's going on. if they're asked about copyright stuffs they'd straightly support every copyright strike because they love obeying to japanese laws.
I don't want japanese fandom to get involved with drama, I mean how could you ever get japanese to support illegal uploads? I am like one of few people who don't mind it.
They all see the illegal uploaders as criminal instead of fans sharing and archiving contents.
To them it's not something to get mad at all, they're taking care of western criminals illegally uploading their contents. They will never likely to understand why westerner supports those practice.
I don't think this person is really "aware" at all, he just knows there are people who oppose it without understanding their intention at all. Uploaders are all criminals from their eyes and you can't expect them to have any clue whatsoever.

Also, the link in URL are dead, I am curious about the research.
 
Back
Top