• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

LABYRINTH OF TOUHOU - GENSOUKYO AND THE HEAVEN-PIERCING TREE

LABYRINTH OF TOUHOU - GENSOUKYO AND THE HEAVEN-PIERCING TREE

keep getting a crash after defeating the first FOE and leaving the dungeon tied to the achievement for it
I have old shitty instructions on how to fix this, so forgive me if some of the steps are incorrect. IIRC, you'll need a hex editor to bypass the crash. I used cheat engine. Here are the steps below:

  1. Open Cheat Engine and load the game process
    Laby Step 1.webpLaby Step 2.webp
  2. Click on "Memory View"
    Laby Step 3.webp
  3. At the top bar, click "Search", "Find memory", click "(Array of) byte", and search for the lines "E8 48 24 FC FF"
    Laby Step 4.webp
  4. Once you find "E8 48 24 FC FF" replace them all with 90.
    Laby Step 5.webp
    Laby Step 6.webp
  5. You should be all set. No more crashing hopefully. DO NOTE: You need to do this EVERY TIME you open the game.
To make things quicker, you can sometimes save the memory location. In the memory viewer window, you would click "File", "Save memory region", and to load, you would click "Load memory region". The memory region itself would be the starting address plus column - i.e. in this example, if I were to save the memory region, I would save address from 012826B3 to 012826B7. In this example 012826 is the horizontal line with the added columns B3 through B7, which is what we changed.

DO NOTE: Sometimes the address will change. If you load a saved memory region and the game crashes, then the address where "E8 48 24 FC FF" has changed. When this happens, just search it up manually, change it back to 90, and save a new memory region.

Hope this helps.
 
I have old shitty instructions on how to fix this, so forgive me if some of the steps are incorrect. IIRC, you'll need a hex editor to bypass the crash. I used cheat engine. Here are the steps below:

  1. Open Cheat Engine and load the game process
    View attachment 10208View attachment 10209
  2. Click on "Memory View"
    View attachment 10211
  3. At the top bar, click "Search", "Find memory", click "(Array of) byte", and search for the lines "E8 48 24 FC FF"
    View attachment 10212
  4. Once you find "E8 48 24 FC FF" replace them all with 90.
    View attachment 10213
    View attachment 10214
  5. You should be all set. No more crashing hopefully. DO NOTE: You need to do this EVERY TIME you open the game.
To make things quicker, you can sometimes save the memory location. In the memory viewer window, you would click "File", "Save memory region", and to load, you would click "Load memory region". The memory region itself would be the starting address plus column - i.e. in this example, if I were to save the memory region, I would save address from 012826B3 to 012826B7. In this example 012826 is the horizontal line with the added columns B3 through B7, which is what we changed.

DO NOTE: Sometimes the address will change. If you load a saved memory region and the game crashes, then the address where "E8 48 24 FC FF" has changed. When this happens, just search it up manually, change it back to 90, and save a new memory region.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, helped a lot!
 
I might just be stupid, but whenever I boot this game up, It's not in English, nor do I see any option to make it English. Is there some obvious button I'm missing?

Ok, NM I found it (It was in App Data) but I guess I'll leave this here incase anyone else has that issue.
 
Last edited:
I have old shitty instructions on how to fix this, so forgive me if some of the steps are incorrect. IIRC, you'll need a hex editor to bypass the crash. I used cheat engine. Here are the steps below:

  1. Open Cheat Engine and load the game process
    View attachment 10208View attachment 10209
  2. Click on "Memory View"
    View attachment 10211
  3. At the top bar, click "Search", "Find memory", click "(Array of) byte", and search for the lines "E8 48 24 FC FF"
    View attachment 10212
  4. Once you find "E8 48 24 FC FF" replace them all with 90.
    View attachment 10213
    View attachment 10214
  5. You should be all set. No more crashing hopefully. DO NOTE: You need to do this EVERY TIME you open the game.
To make things quicker, you can sometimes save the memory location. In the memory viewer window, you would click "File", "Save memory region", and to load, you would click "Load memory region". The memory region itself would be the starting address plus column - i.e. in this example, if I were to save the memory region, I would save address from 012826B3 to 012826B7. In this example 012826 is the horizontal line with the added columns B3 through B7, which is what we changed.

DO NOTE: Sometimes the address will change. If you load a saved memory region and the game crashes, then the address where "E8 48 24 FC FF" has changed. When this happens, just search it up manually, change it back to 90, and save a new memory region.

Hope this helps.

Is there really no better, and more importantly, more permanent solution? Something along the lines of forcing the gave to give you the problematic achievement maybe? I dunno, I'm just spitballing here. Having to do this every time you boot the game up is just too tedious for what it's worth imo.
 
I might just be stupid, but whenever I boot this game up, It's not in English, nor do I see any option to make it English. Is there some obvious button I'm missing?

Ok, NM I found it (It was in App Data) but I guess I'll leave this here incase anyone else has that issue.
I couldn't found the setting pls help (i did find the game.ini file though)
 
I couldn't found the setting pls help (i did find the game.ini file though)
ok so if you're not launching the game through steam:
1. Open the game folder
2. Open "steam_settings"
3. Rightclick an empty space > New > Text Document > name the file: force_language.txt
4. Open the file you just created, type in "english" just like that, save and close it.
5. Open the game and it should be done.
I didn't needs to do anything else (no appdata change, no 3rd party apps, nothing).
 
Doesn't work for me, i keep getting the game in japanese. I even tried changing my system language to english and it still didn't help. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong?
 
Doesn't work for me, i keep getting the game in japanese. I even tried changing my system language to english and it still didn't help. Anyone has an idea what could be wrong?
ok so my version is 1.20 so in this version just extract this into your game folder (i zipped it directly from my game folder)
 

Attachments

ok so my version is 1.20 so in this version just extract this into your game folder (i zipped it directly from my game folder)
if you don't want to download anything you can also:
1. Open your game folder (game directory)
2. Create a new folder, name it "steam_settings", open it
3. Rightclick an empty space > New > Text Document > name the file: force_language.txt
4. Open the file you just created, type in "english" just like that, save and close it.
5. Open the game and it should be done.
 
Thanks for the reply. Actually I got it working by downloading 1.20 from another site as well haha. I should have updated my post. Thanks a lot.
 
my save file just... dissapeared, I saved it yesterday and pressed alt f4 since Idk how to go back the title screen to close it, was it the reason? Im kinda devastated ngl
 
Back
Top