• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Is there any way to still play Touhou Danmaku Kagura on the phone?

Ever since I found out about the game I was wondering if I could still play it. I tried downloading from a few sites but they didn't work.
 
The official server of this game is shut down, so it is impossible to launch in normal way. But it looks like it is possible to launch a local server ( https://github.com/RainbowUnicorn7297/dankagu-local ), but I am afraid it would require to modify game files to make it possible to connect to it. I didn't try it though.
There may be some other ways how to launch it, but I don't know about them.
 
Hello. Since I’m Japanese, I’m using a translation tool to send this message, so I apologize if it’s a bit clunky.
I’m currently looking at the Python files for this game’s server and working with Claude to edit the application and server files.
However, the security is stricter than I expected (such as detection of app modifications), and since I’m not an expert to begin with, I’m having a hard time with this.
As far as I understand:
GRPC is embedded within the application.
LCX (-iOS) is not included in the application.
The cause of the error is a public key error.
That’s all I know.
Since this game is originally in Japanese, I can read its error messages better than people overseas, so if everyone is trying to get it back up and running, I’ll help with translations as well.
Thank you.
 
The official server of this game is shut down, so it is impossible to launch in normal way. But it looks like it is possible to launch a local server ( https://github.com/RainbowUnicorn7297/dankagu-local ), but I am afraid it would require to modify game files to make it possible to connect to it. I didn't try it though.
There may be some other ways how to launch it, but I don't know about them.
Huh didn't know he uploaded this. I have a fully functional game that he privately distributed to my phone. I forgot how to launch and am also not sure how to run it any longer, but I can confirm it still works. The save file is still defaulted though.
 
omg!?
I can't believe you'd already figured out how to open it.
I also came up with a method using Frida, but I just couldn't find a way to bypass the server check and open it.
If neither of you has any objections to teaching, would it be possible for you to teach us?
 
Last edited:
omg!?
I can't believe you'd already figured out how to open it.
I also came up with a method using Frida, but I just couldn't find a way to bypass the server check and open it.
If neither of you has any objections to teaching, would it be possible for you to teach us?
I actually don't know how to bypass it and stuff since I don't make it, RainbowUnicorn did, and hes been out of contact for a great while. So it's mostly lost art right now, but it the server still seems largely operable, I'll give it a try if I have free time (probably never) as a proof of concept
 
It's fine if there's no problem, but if you're using a modified APK file, could you send it to me?
If you don't want it made public, I can give you my Discord username, but it's okay if you don't want to share it.
 
It's fine if there's no problem, but if you're using a modified APK file, could you send it to me?
If you don't want it made public, I can give you my Discord username, but it's okay if you don't want to share it.
Nope, i do not have permission to send it, it'd be up to rainbow himself but i havent seen anything moving in a while
 
Back
Top