• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Hello!

Hi there, my name is Lavvie! I am very happy a place like this exists. I remember finding Touhou videos when I was a kid and falling in love with the pretty patterns. It quickly became a big hyperfixation for me, but I could not find anywhere to get the games. Fast forward to around 2019 or so and I saw some games officially up on Steam! I bought Hidden Star In Four Seasons as well as Wily Beast and Weakest Creature. I downloaded EOSD today and it is wildly different from the two games I got on Steam. I never really bothered to interact with the community, but rather was content to play games in my little corner. Now, my desire to make friends in the community have begun to outweigh the desire to be in my comfort zone. I am very happy to be a part of the Touhou community!

 
Welcome! Hope you like it here. This is the spot where I’ve tried to jump into the actual community too, so just have fun and enjoy the experience!

 
welcome king

 
for about 3 years or so
got introduced to it by a friend in an indirect way through songs, mainly because we played osu
my first "touhou game" was touhou luna nights, which isn't actually from the original series, but yeah
didn't actually play any of the games besides EOSD because I just don't feel like it

Thank you for the warm welcomes <3 how long have you been involved in Touhou?

 
for about 3 years or so
got introduced to it by a friend in an indirect way through songs, mainly because we played osu
my first "touhou game" was touhou luna nights, which isn't actually from the original series, but yeah
didn't actually play any of the games besides EOSD because I just don't feel like it
My first Touhou game was was Hidden Star In Four Seasons! I never beat any games yet...but I did get pretty far in EOSD!

 
I've thought of picking up Lost World. Is it good?
Only if you like gacha games. The story is good for getting into the series as a kinda show off of some VERY basic characterization they have. The events and some new units are what keeps me playing, as the events are generally really well written and the new units are good besides all c3 units. Gameplay is also good enough but is best if you just use what you like and strategize a little

 
Welcome to Moriya Shrine Lavvie! Hope you'll enjoy talking around here and it's cool that you bought some of the offical games already!
Thanks! I got em a long while ago, though. :p Thinking of picking up Phantasmagoria of Flower View :3 Glad the games are on steam so people all over the globe can contribute to ZUN's beer fund!

 
Thanks! I haven't beaten it yet, I struggle to go past the third stage. What's your favorite spirit to use? I like using the eagle!
Eagle is fun, but I slightly prefer using the wolf spirit. Also, I get not being able to get past stage 3, but trust me, it's 100% worth it, WBaWC is potentially my favorite mainline game in the entire series and it's almost entirely down to stages 4/5/6 (as well as the extra stage). Oh, and I have a question, are you playing the games with the English patch, or just playing them in Japanese and using the wiki to get an idea of the story? 

 
Eagle is fun, but I slightly prefer using the wolf spirit. Also, I get not being able to get past stage 3, but trust me, it's 100% worth it, WBaWC is potentially my favorite mainline game in the entire series and it's almost entirely down to stages 4/5/6 (as well as the extra stage). Oh, and I have a question, are you playing the games with the English patch, or just playing them in Japanese and using the wiki to get an idea of the story? 
Yeah. I've been having skill issues a lot. Touhou is my first ever bullet hell and I am still not used to how intricate it can be! Even then I'm in awe of how pretty the patterns are. I'm shooting for a no continues clear on normal, which is ambitious for someone still at baby level. Currently I do not have the two games I got on steam patched, but I got eosd and perfect cherry blossom off of here with English patches! 

 
Yeah. I've been having skill issues a lot. Touhou is my first ever bullet hell and I am still not used to how intricate it can be! Even then I'm in awe of how pretty the patterns are. I'm shooting for a no continues clear on normal, which is ambitious for someone still at baby level. Currently I do not have the two games I got on steam patched, but I got eosd and perfect cherry blossom off of here with English patches! 
Ah, fair. Fortunately Touhou is a decently easy series to get into relatively speaking, as you can start with basically anything other than SA/UFO/TD/LoLK and be mostly fine (and TD should be fine too if you don't care about story). Also, I'd strongly recommend figuring out how to get the Steam games patched, it can be annoying but a large part of why I love WBaWC so much is for its story and characters (even if the first 3 stages are kinda mid in that regard for me), so it'd be a shame to see that get overlooked entirely. And hey, if you can't figure it out, there's no shame in just downloading them off here too, you already paid for them after all.

 
Back
Top