• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Recent content by Ken Hisuag

  1. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    I've been a big fan of the Rivals of Aether franchise for some years now, and have previously covered a few of its larger installments here. Spin-off entries, however, have hitherto eluded me, not for lack of awareness but rather for procrastination; I've continually assured myself I'd get to...
  2. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    Lowlands Blossom - Metamorphosis In all honestly, I'm not usually that impressed by Lowlands Blossom; their arrangement skills are fine, but there's always been something lacking in their post-production that robs their performances of the sound they're clearly intended to have. Still, I have to...
  3. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Perhaps a Fracture Feature, as a supplement to the refeature?
  4. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Considering Deltarune received another chapter this year, one would think I'd have it on the list to cover. Inconveniently for me, however, it's also one of the few games I'm invested in playing myself, and my allocated time for such activities is restricted enough to where I do not foresee...
  5. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    So now I'm back to just pulling whatever from my bookmarks according to fancy. That being said, I'd like to get into the habit of checking newly posted arrangements on a weekly basis and sharing something from that, just to keep things fresh. Hobby Atelier Carrot Wine - The One Who Stirs the...
  6. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Big Walk, with its strong social focus, is my ideal multiplayer game. Far as I know, there's no story, no worldbuilding, no "immersive elements," just a uniquely crafted experience to share. I am aware many consider the immersive aspects of game design to be amongst its strongest appeals, but...
  7. Ken Hisuag

    Odd Music Discovery

    In preparation for tomorrow's OGM feature, I'm sharing these not-really-that-odd-but-arguable-enough-for-me-to-feel-justified-about-it performances that I'll be drawing parallels to. Snubby J - RimbaTubes: Daft Punk Medley A decade ago, Snubby J built a custom pitched percussion instrument out...
  8. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    As of right now, there are approximately six hundred uniquely titled official musical arrangements within the Touhou Project. Over the course of four-and-a-half years, I've endeavored to find a unique remix for every single one. Below are the remaining gaps that effort has left. A couple...
  9. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Exceptionally late this week, so I'll try to be quick. I was quite excited to see Look Outside's soundtrack finally come to streaming services over a year after the game's release. A common factor in whether or not I cover a particular soundtrack concerns the convenience with which I can listen...
  10. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    ChocoFan - FOLKLORE ILLUSION Ironically ChocoFan is commonly at the top of search results for many pieces; the only reason this wasn't initially is because it wasn't published through the circle's official channel. This one in particular reminds me of a "Plain Asia" remix from CrazyBeats...
  11. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Gonna get this out ahead of today's probable focus (happy Cirno day btw). In yet another case of a long awaited passion project I hadn't heard anything about until it finally came out and hit it big, I was made aware of Endacopia via its widespread coverage on Youtube. Initially, it was the...
  12. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    CielArc - Kanshou Memorize Topic channel uploads are often automatic, and lack the usual keywork metadata that my usual tactics rely on. I'm especially glad to cut down on unrepresented variants of the "possession blossoms" motif. The obvious question behind them is, why a particular one over...
  13. Ken Hisuag

    Other Game Music

    Y'all remember Bomb Rush Cyberfunk? Via its feature here, I experienced funk more directly than I had previously, and it became my primary reference for what the genre had to offer. Even so, I don't listen to many of its tracks often; as more of a radio compilation than a properly coordinated...
  14. Ken Hisuag

    What happened to Koishi Komeiji's vote structure in the 21st and 22nd Touhou Project Popularity Polls?

    Flattered as I am by the insinuation, my finger is not so firmly fixed upon the pulse of the fandom's musical production line as to be capable of such analysis. I only really started paying attention in 2020, and my reputation stems more from my persistence in seeking things out than habitual...
  15. Ken Hisuag

    Musical Discoveries in Touhou Fandom

    HertzDevil - Last Word Unleashed This album was in my library before I embarked on this venture; how did I not dig it up when initially searching for it? In any case, this is the only arrangement TouhouDB has on record for the track. Anything I've said about HertzDevil in the past still applies...
Back
Top