• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Recent content by Spongelash

  1. Spongelash

    Am I the only one who finds the third generation Touhou cast to be useless?

    Alrighty, I think that you folks are being a bit too harsh on Touhou's game writing. I think that we need to consider the genre and game formatting here when we make judgement on the stories told. I think that one of ZUN's greatest skills is how much each element in his games incorporate...
  2. Spongelash

    Can't comment on gallery posts

    Hey folks just wanted to say that I run into this same issue with the same error myself. I can still put a reaction like a like on images, but any attempt to leave a comment either just through the comment box or with a rating has the same issue. Did we ever get an update on this?
  3. Spongelash

    TH10 - Extra Stage - Reimu B - Sponge

    Second extra clear. Took almost twice the attempts as Ran did.
  4. Spongelash

    .dat files nor replays are recognized by steam

    You are saying that you bought the game on Steam, but then you are writing like the Steam version and your THCRAP patched version are separate? Can you maybe explain the file structures involved here? Just do TH10 as an example. I don't really get what you mean by "the Japanese th10 folder"...
  5. Spongelash

    Yo guys I like this fantasy kaleidoscope series, but is there a place to watch it in more than 390p?

    Yes, but on YouTube you kind of have to hunt around for the better uploads of each episode. Here is a pretty good playlist, but even here the quality can be a bit variable. If you could find the original unvoiced video downloads somewhere, then you might be able to really get the full...
  6. Spongelash

    Favourite Trio?

    I find the Prismriver sisters pretty charming whenever they appear. I liked their story around Lyrica in Touhou 9, I thought it was funny how the elder two secretly follow her around to make sure she is safe. I guess their goals and motivations are pretty simple and straightforward but there is...
  7. Spongelash

    What do you all think of Reimu A (Homing Amulet) or similar shot types?

    In my opinion she is basically the low skill floor but low skill ceiling most of the time. While you still don't know the stages so well you'll have an easier time through them, but at the cost of longer boss fights, and when a lot of the games have shot types which still cover the screen pretty...
  8. Spongelash

    Contingency plans for the Touhou characters

    Lol, so true. > Have "ability to manipulate fate" > Cover Gensokyo with red mist so that you don't have to worry about the sun anymore > Shrine maiden comes to fight you to get rid of the red mist > Decide not to manipulate fate so that you win??? > Lose??? > ??? Honestly most character's...
  9. Spongelash

    Contingency plans for the Touhou characters

    Wriggle vs Can of Raid match-up of the century
  10. Spongelash

    The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil Remake: A Cautious Look at Its Impact

    Oh boy, I hope that we don't get a lot of fans that don't know the source material. Who could imagine that in the Touhou community... it'd be terrible. I find this to be a strange point. How could this now easily-accessible remake do any but increase exposure to the source material? Anyways...
  11. Spongelash

    Is there even such thing as an "easy" Touhou game?

    If you compare it to all games in general, then no, there really isn't an easy Touhou game (unless you don't care about performance and use infinite lives in the upcoming 6 remake). In my own experience, all of the mainline games require persistence and learning through failure. You should feel...
  12. Spongelash

    Does Anyone Else Love The Background Choirs In Many Touhou Themes?

    Lol I didn't notice this until I was doing the Touhou vote how many of the songs I like have the choir elements. Border of Life like you mention, Ancient Temple, Plain Asia, Voyage 1969, Lunatic Princess (which has some really weird choir-esque sounds). Sometimes they are more subtle and other...
  13. Spongelash

    Anyone Else Like EastNewSound's Music?

    I've only listened to a handful of their songs but somehow they fall just short for me. In general I think they just don't push things as far as I would want. I listened to 砂の肖像 as you recommended. For my own tastes, the melody is sort of boring, and I'd like it more if it was pushed faster...
  14. Spongelash

    Thoughts On Medicine Melancholy?

    Alright so I played through Medicine's route in PoFV for the first time and I've warmed up on her a little bit. I liked how ZUN played around with the idea of her being created alone in that field and staying there for so long in that she needs to learn basic stuff like how to interact with...
  15. Spongelash

    My Interpretation of Rin Satsuki

    Thank you for the write-up! It was well-written and I think it was a good collection of all the information that we have about Rin. Speaking about her being a nurse. My only protest would be wondering how her signs would fit in with that role. With Reimu Spirit fits in pretty well with being a...
Back
Top