• Touhou 6 New Classic Score Attack Ongoing!

    Read the submission rules, prizes and everything inbetween here:

    Good luck!

    Also check out the community art event here! Everyone is welcome!

Recent content by NuMetalFan

  1. NuMetalFan

    Share music you like

    This song is really special to me
  2. NuMetalFan

    Your favourite and least liked/most hated PC-98 Character?

    MIMA MY GOAT. I'm also fond of Orange in particular. And the least favorite is someone I'm probably forgetting? But if magic stones and lotus flowers count as characters, then it's them.
  3. NuMetalFan

    Am I the only one who finds the third generation Touhou cast to be useless?

    Finally, a normal thread. Anyway, as a cast increases it's harder to up with anything interesting. People keep pumping out characters not because they're full of ideas, but rather because they're forced to. And the fans of most media naturally just like older things, EoSD consistently wins in...
  4. NuMetalFan

    Any Way To Request For A Touhou Fangame To Be Made (For Free)?

    Every programmer dreams of an ideas guy he can make games for
  5. NuMetalFan

    Switched to Linux, need help with thcrap or whatever's currently in use

    TL;DR: thcrap requires wine mono to be installed. that's it, pretty much. detailed instruction: https://daichungus.github.io/touhoulinuxguide/
  6. NuMetalFan

    My Future Regarding Touhou

    Not being exclusively obsessed with something forever is just normal behaviour, isn't it?
  7. NuMetalFan

    Burned myself a cd. So very cool.

    Unrelated but how did you do it? I've only had one time I bricked the system, but even then it could've been easily fixed (I had no idea at the time)
  8. NuMetalFan

    How did you even meet Touhou?

    Originally I got interested in touhou because Toby Fox recommended it (yeah yeah yeah, i should kys), and added it to my backlog. Years later, I was pondering how my life feels lowkey empty, as if there's a small puzzle piece missing. So naturally I downloaded EoSD, spent hours getting it to...
  9. NuMetalFan

    Your favourite Touhou character to play as in any Touhou game (including spin offs)?

    It's mostly Marisa because she's fast, has the highest damage, best bomb, and slightly funnier dialogue than Reimu (dude above is literally me wtf???)
  10. NuMetalFan

    What is your opinion on Rhythm Games?

    Rhythm games at their core require precision and leave no room for error or improvisation, so that's why i don't really enjoy them (came to this conclusion after a particularly bad session of super meat boy). That being said i played clone hero back in the day, because it's a guitar hero clone...
  11. NuMetalFan

    What do you all think of Reimu A (Homing Amulet) or similar shot types?

    In short, she's boring. Also, her low damage causes the spellcards to drag on for a bit longer, and I actually started to rely on them cutting short due to high damage before I can mess up. But I heard that LoLK requires homing, or otherwise you'd handicap yourself for no real benefits.
  12. NuMetalFan

    Magic team felt miserable to play in th08 (skill issue?)

    Now that I think about it, the combination of high speed, damage and skill floor/ceiling is exactly why I always picked Marisa, so I'd give this team another shot next time. I also liked the scarlet team, it seems easy to get used to and I saw the potential, but ultimately forgot about it. Oh...
  13. NuMetalFan

    Magic team felt miserable to play in th08 (skill issue?)

    I mean, you'd normally use the human for the stages, and the youkai for bosses, but this team incentives the opposite. Am I missing something? But that's assuming you're trying to maximize the gauge. The gauge was pissing me off though, I was glad to realize it's not required for a 1CC.
  14. NuMetalFan

    Magic team felt miserable to play in th08 (skill issue?)

    Damn, I had a feeling. But what about Youmu/Yuyuko makes it the best team? At first glance, it's the most clunky one by far. (It does have the funniest dialogue at least) Also, I was well aware of the exploit but decided not to use it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. NuMetalFan

    Magic team felt miserable to play in th08 (skill issue?)

    So I finished EoSD and PCB with MarisaB, had an absolute blast and not too much of an issue. I naturally tried playing the magic team once I got to IN, but it went so badly, I had to swallow my pride and pick barrier team instead. Is there something wrong (different) with the magic team, or I...
Back
Top