Regarding recent events

Tenkko

I've been looking over the whole DMCA stuff and figured I'd share some thoughts here. Also hi!

It was sent by a legal representative of Team Shanghai Alice I hear. I'm not really sure how that relation works exactly but it seems they've been around for a while, I've seen the name in the past. Anyways, in the latest reply it's mentioned that another one was sent previously on May 19 2021, which seemingly never went through or was missed for whatever reason etc etc.

What bothers me is why wasn't there any kind of follow up on that back then? I'm sure they wouldn't want to take legal action, probably not worth it, but not reacting in any way to an unanswered DMCA seems kind of weird to me. Well until now anyways but what took so long? With another DMCA at that. Also why in 2021, when the official Touhou games started going on Steam in 2017? I think it may align with ZUN's music going on Spotify, so maybe they were waiting on that?

I don't know, just the way it was handled seems a little sporadic to me. I don't know if it actually means anything.

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

Hey, Welcome!

I haven't heard about the 2021 DMCA strike though with recent events it does make wonder about the nature of ZUN's representative and their copyright laws, honestly I've trying to figure out the patterns myself though I haven't gone very far with it but I have look more into it.

You do bring up some interesting points though but I'm sure we'll figure it out in due time, hopefully.

(I wish I can say more but I'm kinda tired ATM)

Thanks!

Yeah, something I thought was "is this backed by ZUN or could it somehow be an autonomous decision by someone else". The reply came from the Touhou Yomoyama site I believe, so it has to be someone with ties to ZUN.

That's a... very long shot but. Well I thought it'd be worth considering.

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

Archived