Does "Japanese Goblin" meme is funny for you? as Touhou Fans?

Agus Mandala

Nowdays, Touhou getting more attention again, not because funny plushie called Fumo, but for some music that came 10 years ago named Japanese Goblin by Astral Trip. They compare it as Weeb Rickroll, trolling you on some intresting video. But again, people just know it as Japanese Goblin, not as Touhou. They even don't know who's that girl on Video, they like "idk about Touhou, but this girl really japanisu goburin". But, i don't want to be elitist or something like that, if they want to know more about Touhou using that video, i'il be welcoming them. If not, then i don't mind at all

But some people probaly don't like the meme at all, and they probaly tried to backslash the creator of MMD "Japanese Gobin", MTB itself. And i think it's kinda irony, since he's not the creator of song, they don't even know Astral Trip. He just create the remarkable version of it using MMD. He's also not the one who create a concept as a meme, but Internet did that. And he never expect it as "torture device" or troll video as well

spacer.png

But how about you guys? do you really enjoy this meme? or you probaly dislike this music counted as troll music? leave your opinion below

btw It's my first post on Moriya Website, even i already create the account like 3 or 4 years ago, im trying to enliven this forum. Also English is my secondary language, so pardon me if i make some false tense, for example i'm using word "make" but the actual one is "made"

• Up 1

To be fair, I did not know about Japanese Goblin until MTB  made his Reanimated version. The song in itself is interesting. Perhaps not so catchy (just my opinion), but still nice as a bit of media showing how this community used to be a decade before I joined.

However, it is so stupid that one has to get all the anger on him for merely making a new version of the video, that somehow brought the meme back from the limbo after such a long time. At least for me, it is something so related to recent events and the way people have been creating content, but I have written more about that is a separate thread. Anyway, I hope MTB will be fine and things will calm down eventually.

• Up 4

spacer.png

MTB brought an update yesterday. This is what he requested:

I Just wanna specify furthermore, if anyone thinks i'm getting sick about Japanese Goblin. No i'm not actually upset, and I'm not blaming anyone. Personally i'm happy with the creative memes that people have been making recently. But i also understand that there are people who get sick of Japanese Goblin, because they've seen it everywhere in their homepage, which i can see their reason why. Though yeah, it was kind of foolish of me telling you guys to tone it down a bit to calm these people, since i'm not really in control of a meme. So i can really only give an advice to anyone who really can't take it these memes appearing in their homepage. Take a break from the internet for a while. It's better than getting frustrated over a meme on the internet. Even better you can always ignore it. Well, yeah that's all about it. Peace guys

It is quite bad we got to get in this situation to begin with

• Sad 1

spacer.png

• 8 months later...

Now, I should preface that I never, myself anyway, watched the Japanese Goburin vid of his (old nor new). It's not because I don't like it, I quite fancied the rhythm of it otherwise.

It's because of the saturation and widespread of it that made me barred it away from my watchlist. Yes, I know, I'm being a bit non-sensical, but when it reaches a point of spread, so much of a community icon even, it turns into widespread oversaturation, and easily bores people and making them jump out of the Goburin bandwagon.

Of course, I appreciate MTB for at least reviving a meme and turning it into an beacon of the Touhou community itself, but when oversaturation happens, it turns into chaos and a rumbustious case of hand pointing.

Of course, I appreciate MTB for at least reviving a meme and turning it into an beacon of the Touhou community itself, but when oversaturation happens, it turns into chaos and a rumbustious case of hand pointing.

I completely agree with you

What always kills and makes something unfunny is the spam, that always make everything so annoying.

R.gif.015c7e6d30a0d8238c078ef3cc332f99.gif

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

To be honest, i REALLY prefer to me being rickrolled than hearing this, i hated that video because it's fucking loud for me and it goes so hard unlike Never gonna give you up. Sometimes even make it as a earrape, and it not makes me at least a little slime, all the oppositive of that, it makes me wanna punch poor Suika (she problably will kick my ass, but i dont care at least she shut up)

I dont hate the guy who did this though; like every meme, if it gets oversaturated... basically RIP not more fun;

I really like how he reanimated the original, the song itself... well im not big fan of that kind of "J-pop and rock" music, but the song is not bad at all, it's just not my taste.

Poor of my ears of those moments.

SuwalemDistractionor.gif.744734ef46cde9f46b278e64825ea1fe.gif

Wait that's me as a doll? Yeah, Alice helped me on doing those. She doesn't look like a doll! I played so much Lemmings on my pc, so i got some inspirations of this! Oh boy...

Sprite done by myself!

• 2 months later...