What do you think about Akatsuki Records?

CountVonNumenor

Yeah when i found out about sariel (i stumbled upon album with this single) i instantly went off to listen it because she's pretty much my favorite 98 character, i only wish it would be her 2nd theme Civilization of Magic (one of top 10 themes in whole 2hu for me) but it was great experience regardless!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shionne Imeris said:

Yeah when i found out about sariel (i stumbled upon album with this single) i instantly went off to listen it because she's pretty much my favorite 98 character, i only wish it would be her 2nd theme Civilization of Magic (one of top 10 themes in whole 2hu for me) but it was great experience regardless!

I might not be famiar with Sariel's themes, but it looks like the song credits Civilization of Magic as the source in the description. 

• Up 1

spacer.png

On 8/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

I might not be famiar with Sariel's themes, but it looks like the song credits Civilization of Magic as the source in the description. 

ooh you're right i missed that but it's arrange including both Now until the moment you die and Civilization of Magic!

• Like 1

seems like i'm a bit late but there you go!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

Might be weird, but the wiki has not updated yet the page for the music group. Therefore, i cannot check yet whether the new songs are part of something bigger or not (even if they most likely are).

it's the album they're releasing on C100 along with omake single

in music case wiki is usually either late, outdated or sometimes just straight missing stuff so it might be hard sometimes (personally i'm using other sources)

• Up 1

• 1 month later...

I have fallen in love with this music group for almost two years now, back in my early days of exploring the Touhou community. However, up to this day I am still confused about a few things:

- how this this music come to be, and who founded it?

- who is/was ACTRock, and how/why did they leave what we know today as Akatsuki Records (also has the music groups always been named "Akatsuki Records"?)

- did the music group have multiple singers? because the early MVs from their official channel have a number of other singers besides Stack, but in the past years it has only been Stack singing - are the first songs of the band (the wiki states their first album to be LAST DESTINY from 2012) available either here on YouTube or Spotify?

- (more of a specific question raised after watching this MV) - is this this the first music video the group has done, or there have been any other previously? Given that ENDLESS FANTASY is the first single (11 August, 2012), but this music video was posted in May 2014; also how does it come it is not on the official YouTube channel of Akatsuki Records? I am not very familiar with the history of Ridzuto besides uploading pretty much every song of the group (something I greatly appreciate) 

And now, given there should be a Reitaisai, do we have any idea what will the group come up next?

spacer.png

I was right, there was indeed new content t coming now with Reitaisai nearby. Huh, I think this is the first time Akatsuki Records music only comes in the firs of audio, without an accompanying music video. Also probably the first time we are getting a double upload instead of a video batch coming at a two days/one week distance between them. 

To me, this only further raises a few questions. Especially because of the fact the Medicine song (I stil do not know what its English name is - no Tsubasa Cat subtitles this time, sorry - unless we go by "Anoko go hoshii"), as well as as the full album it came from where already uploaded on the channel of Ridzuto 4 days ago. Does this make him even more likely to be something close to an officially connected person to Akatsuki Records? Given that (besides a couple albums at the beginning) he has the entire discography of the group, as well as hosting their very first music video ever done, Endless Fantasy, which was uploaded on his YouTube page back in 2014. Is there something I am missing?

unknown.png

Edited by CountVonNumenor

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

We are being spoiled this Christmas. New PV from Akatsuki Records dropped just an hour ago, and they use the same pattern of 2 PVs, we will get one more on Christmas morning. And this time, they finally made an official PV for Psycho Lily

(Junko-related song) 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
Link failed to embed
  • Like 2

spacer.png

• 2 months later...

Akatsuki Records for me is something I both enjoy but don't like to listen at the same time. They have some really nice songs and I can honestly vibe with, such as Treasure Cirno, WARNINGxWARNINGxWARNING and Hedonism. As to why, it just feels "exaggerated", so to speak. I can definitely get behind Stack's voice, and major props to her because she's an awesome singer, but to me it just feels like her voice doesn't fit the song most of the time. Those 3 I listed just now are songs I like because I feel they need this strong and loud voice Stack has because it makes a GIGANTIC impact to the general vibe of the song.

All in all, good, but not for everyone.
I am a terrible music reviewer btw, can't explain stuff well

• Like 2

when we're alone and the world is gone...

...I turn to you, you're my number one...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know why, but this song gets ever vibier each listen

Spoiler

think it's the only song they have that has this effect for me

• Like 1

I've been listening to them for ~3 years and I really like them!

While StackBros (who I'm 90% sure at this point is actually stack's brother, which in hindsight seems kind of obvious), Stack, and ACTRock are all great arrangers, what gives Akatsuki Records it's charm is definitely stack's voice.

There's a lot of incredible Touhou vocalists (Some favorites of mine being Denki, Chata, Merami, IZNA, 556t, Ranko, Okogeeeechan, Fujiko, and Shuuzou) Stack is still my favorite.

A friend of a friend got to shake her hand, and I'm pretty jealous.

I also bought the album set they released around new years, and it came with a calendar and a freaking coloring book, which is awesome.

One of my dreams is to go to Reitaisai some day, and while I'm there I'd love to shake stack's hand too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yukayay said:

I don't know why, but this song gets ever vibier each listen

Oh, I love HELLOHELL! It's probably one of my favorite MSs of theirs since I started to actually catch those MSs as soon as they were released (which would be since May 2021 and VENTEN...). You truly are a man of culture

3 hours ago, Kona 2 said:

A friend of a friend got to shake her hand, and I'm pretty jealous.

Oh, I would definitely feel jealous about that too, so I can understand your feeling

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

so I've been quite late to the party but I gave rock 'n' rock 'n' beat and uhhh it was kinda odd for the first few plays but it eventually grew on me
why does it sound so stupid in my head tho
"bang! bang! banki banki sEeeeEeEEEekibanki banki!"

• 1 month later...

not my duty, but I'm here to remind y'all that there's a new akatsuki records song

have a good day

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hello again this is your reminder that a new akatsuki records song is out
thanks and have a good day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yukayay said:

hello again this is your reminder that a new akatsuki records song is out
thanks and have a good day

Thank you @yukayay for continuing to post the new songs. I am afraid I might be going through a burnout phase with this group, as I have not shared, nor even listened to any of their new songs past the Sekibanki one. I do not know what happens to be, but I do not feel very inclined to listen to anything new. I think this might be... already the fourth recent music video in a row I have not listened to? To be fair though, it seems that Akatsuki Records has posted much more content since Christmas, or even just this first half of 2023 than ever before on their official channel.  

• Like 2

spacer.png