What are your favorite Touhou M-1 Grand Prix skit(s)?

CountVonNumenor

I really love that animation. I think it was one of the first pieces of Touhou fan-made animations, and ever since I had quite a great time watching the skits available on YouTube. From those I have watched yet, there are some that caught my attention:

· Flower Beat (Raiko & Yuuka, 11th M-1 Grand Prix) - really appreciated Raiko's attempt at writing an anthem for Gensokyo in order to improve PR, even if things don't really go as planned; also has two of my favorite characters, so it is nice seeing them interact

· anything involving Binary Drop (Eiki & Komachi, 6th and 11th M-1 Grand Prix) - quite interesting to see Komachi in the "straight man" role; also the whole skit with Eiki wishing to get a tattoo had me laugh all the way through

· Yakumo Chen (Ran & Chen, both original and reanimated skits) - classic skits; gave us the famous "CHEEEEEEEEEN" (ちぇえええええええん), and I really love the 6th M-1 Grand Prix skit in which Chen is writing the letter in front of the parents and classmates (so much Yukari dissing...)

· anything regarding Witch Doll (again, both the originals and reanimated) - be it a discussion about how would your wedding look like, or want to buy a house, there will always be something interesting to see in the interactions between Marisa and Alice

· Spin Kappa (Nitori & Hina, 5th and 6th M-1 Grand Prix) - I like the interactions between Nitori and Hina, and to be honest, I really cannot imagine Nitori with any other voice but the one from the skits

· Tokamak Club (Utsuho & Rin, 4th and 6th M-1 Grand Prix) - who cannot enjoy a bit of Okuu and Orin? Another one of the memorable skits

· Moriya Kero (Kanako & Suwako, 4th M-1 Grand Prix) - Kanako trying to sing... oh boy, that sure was something. The two of them trying to sing along/learn Kanako the song was quite adorable, even with Kanako revealing "her inner hag" at time (not my words, Suwako's)

· Purely Hell (Hecatia & Junko, 11th M-1 Grand Prix) - "You are trying to access a restricted page." "Please type the reason you wish to access this page or seek parental advice." Text Field: "Please let me see it" - together with the image of Shinmyoumaru in front of the PC makes for an adorable scene. Conclusion: unexpected T-shirt pulling & abuse/10 (just kidding; I was not expecting that phase though, and it to happen multiple times, even if it was funny to watch - "I'm gonna dunk you in Haiter later! / That's bleach! Don't bully your T-shirt!"). Also: "I'm concerned about Clownpiece. / Ah, I lent her to you. / Right! / The former stripper / (smack with the newspaper) She's a fairy!"

· YuuTen Paradise (Yuuka & Tenshi, 9th M-1 Grand Prix) - Yuuka struggling to comprehend the concept of Yuri (as in GL, honestly did not know it is also the name of a/the flower in Japanese or something) made for quite an interesting second half of the skit, and for a cute reaction.

· Iku and Tenshi's skit from 16th M-1 Grand Prix - probably my favorite skit of the entire 16th edition. Iku's rage moment was both funny, with her getting fed up with Tenshi's BS, but also felt a little threatening. Which I liked a lot.

Anyway, what are some of your favorite skits, and what did you like most about them?

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2022 at 8:22 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

I really love that animation. I think it was one of the first pieces of Touhou fan-made animations, and ever since I had quite a great time watching the skits available on YouTube. From those I have watched yet, there are some that caught my attention:

I'm back.

Totally agree with you Von. This filled me with smiles & laughter for a very long time. I see our tastes aren't much not different at all!

· Iku and Tenshi's skit from 16th M-1 Grand Prix - probably my favorite skit of the entire 16th edition. Iku's rage moment was both funny, with her getting fed up with Tenshi's BS, but also felt a little threatening. Which I liked a lot.

The first time I watched that, I was wondering when will Iku lose her cool and Tenshi being Tenshi annoys the heck out of her. Tenshi reaction after receiving the punch was priceless.

· Spin Kappa (Nitori & Hina, 5th and 6th M-1 Grand Prix) - I like the interactions between Nitori and Hina, and to be honest, I really cannot imagine Nitori with any other voice but the one from the skits

The gags are so good here. I love the moment where Hina & Nitori changed roles in the shop skit. Nitori was teaching Hina the tactics of a well rounded business man woman: taking advantage of a un-aware costumers. When Hina tried the tactics against her she got a classic "Boot ball to head" making her spin. The execution was so good that I fell out of my chair spinning myslef to the ground.

Off topic: "Boot to the Head" MMD versions make me like Yuuka smiling so hard.

anything involving Binary Drop (Eiki & Komachi, 6th and 11th M-1 Grand Prix) - quite interesting to see Komachi in the "straight man" role; also the whole skit with Eiki wishing to get a tattoo had me laugh all the way through

Yes, that was so spectacular that it's one of my favorites. The whole point of Eiki wanting to get a tattoo was so interesting so, I kept watching & she got a 7 eleven tattoo. That's when my mother heard unknown sounds of a high-pitch chicken squawks. Eiki at one point got the most style points out of the 11th manzai. She looks so cool with the golden dress, as for the following moments with Komachi being a straight "man" it blew me out of the water, I was putting my bets on the Yama herself. Then my father heard a mysterious noises of a old man faint laughs. 

I've to refresh my memory so, I'll go visit the Manzais again. Until then, stay put and tune in for more in the following day.

• Like 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Anyway, what are some of your favorite skits, and what did you like most about them?

Oh Von, I've a got surprise for you but I can't remember the name of the manzai.

It was with Crino, and Flan. Flan pulls out a radio. On the radio a man was saying "Look at me Bastard", "Punk", "I'm going to beat you" something along the lines of that. And Cirno imitates the "Bastard" & "Punk" part in japanese. Due to her voice being soft, she was saying faint "BaakaaYaadoooorr" "KooonooYaaadooorrr" . Her sounding like a chicken got me cracking. But the cherry on top was the whole time sakuya reminds them that "There're guests donwstairs so, don't make too much noise", but flan was "yeah, they will go away" and turns to Cirno saying we got a manzai to do. The thing that got me is that the guests misunderstood the whole thing in downstair as the radio was so loud. They thought someone was saying "bastard" and "punk" to them.

That whole thing was genius no matter how you look at it. Thus, It became my top 3 favorite manzai.  

Edited by Gou the frog
Typo

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Oh man I've actually been watching through the full versions recently (absolutely recommend if you can get them).

Hifuudou (Rinnosuke and Sumireko) are pretty good whenever they show up. There's one with Fortune Teller and Okina in 14th that had me in tears too.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, CountVonNumenor said:

YES that one is so good, my favorite from 16th too.

everything is just peachy tonsh.gif.0b4075faabf61d7265e5c3fea342964f.gif

On 4/16/2022 at 10:34 PM, Gou the frog said:

Oh Von, I've a got surprise for you but I can't remember the name of the manzai.

I've got it now! it's "5th Touhou M-1 Grand Prix Extra - Flan's Comedy Training School" That one sits on my favorite playlist. The punchline was so good, even after I revisited it a fourth time.

23 hours ago, Tenkko said:

Oh man I've actually been watching through the full versions recently (absolutely recommend if you can get them).

You mean the 1 hour ones right? Then, I faintly remember watching the 10th or 11th, the one with "Winged Beast Instrument" on Youtube though, I can't seem to find it at the moment.  

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

On 4/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Gou the frog said:

Yes, that was so spectacular that it's one of my favorites. The whole point of Eiki wanting to get a tattoo was so interesting so, I kept watching & she got a 7 eleven tattoo. That's when my mother heard unknown sounds of a high-pitch chicken squawks. Eiki at one point got the most style points out of the 11th manzai. She looks so cool with the golden dress, as for the following moments with Komachi being a straight "man" it blew me out of the water, I was putting my bets on the Yama herself. Then my father heard a mysterious noises of a old man faint laughs. 

It was surprising, but also very interesting to see Komachi as the serious one. And indeed, Eiki stole the show with her outfits. I love how random and obscure were getting the shop emblems the more she was going through them to pick for a tattoo. Also, she really does love contemplating (not my words, but Komachi's)

On 4/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Gou the frog said:

The first time I watched that, I was wondering when will Iku lose her cool and Tenshi being Tenshi annoys the heck out of her. Tenshi reaction after receiving the punch was priceless.

That part is priceless. And very much my favorite skit out of 16th Edition. 
That angry monologue caught me completely off-guard:

Spoiler

Tenshi:  I know you. I've seen you before. You're the messenger of the Dragon Palace.
Iku: I am.
Teshi: The useless messenger.

[Iku enters rage mode, lightning bolts everywhere]

Iku: The hell?! Who the fuck are you callin' useless?! Why dontcha do somethin' useful for Gensokyo for once?! That's what I thought! The hell is this hat anyway?! Peaches?! Listen here, Peach Lord! Yeah?! What kinda degenerate trash are you, anyway?!  Listen! I don't give two shits about Backdoor Performers! I don't want your medicine! 

[Iku calms down]

Tenshi: I think you nailed it.
Iku: No, I didn't! Cut it out!

spacer.png

Favorite Skits from M-1 one has to be:
*PatchouMirin (Patchouli and Meiling 2nd M-1), the whole Parappa the Rapper thing made me lose my mind, it was amazing.

*Yakumo Chen, like previously mentioned it brought the "Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeen" part and the Dearest Yukari-sama part was incredibly good.

*TewiKourin (Tewi and Rinnosuke), I wasn't sure how these two were going to work out but the thing about Rinnosuke having to pay Tewi in order to keep the manzai going was really good. And the whole American Comedy with Blond Tewi was quite incredible as well.

*Shutter Girls (Hatate and Aya), so far my favorite group, the "Gensokyo quiz" is absolutely one of my favorite skits so far.

• Like 1

I love this fan animation too! Seeing the characters and their interactions are always fun and cute.

My favourite touhou M1 Grand Prix is 'Jealousy Star' with Parsee and Yuugi! I love seeing both of them together so much!

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

'Jealousy Star' with Parsee and Yuugi! I love seeing both of them together so much!

I think I have one of those skits. It was one in which Parsee was trying to learn how to deal with a break-up, but all I can say is that it did not end very well. Also, another skit in which Yuugi was dressed as a seal, and Parsee was playing the trainer. Both were good. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Isaac said:

I love this fan animation too! Seeing the characters and their interactions are always fun and cute.

My favourite touhou M1 Grand Prix is 'Jealousy Star' with Parsee and Yuugi! I love seeing both of them together so much!

I might sound a bit based since I'm a Yuugi enjoyer & a Meiling enthusiast but I've love to see more of them, considering the duo were pretty good. I wondered if they switch the roles to make Parsee the "straight man" and made Yuugi more drunk than usual, the manzai would come out pretty interesting. 

· Yakumo Chen (Ran & Chen, both original and reanimated skits) - classic skits; gave us the famous "CHEEEEEEEEEN" (ちぇえええええええん), and I really love the 6th M-1 Grand Prix skit in which Chen is writing the letter in front of the parents and classmates (so much Yukari dissing...)

That one right there is my favorite skit of all time. The classic one give off the nostalgic vibe with "CHEEEEEEEEN", the 6th M-1 comes unexpected, Chen drops bars that even Yukari can't recover the burns. 

"2nd Touhou M-1 Grand Prix - "Yakumo Chen" Touhou Q&A About Anything" was the funniest one out of all. They answered the Q&A from the manual book. (It was most likely written by Yukari) Memorable lines for me were:

Ran: "you're cute so, I'll forgive you Chen."

==============================

Chen: "Is Lady Mima in Hyogo?"

Ran: "Yes. Bellco has a branch there, right?" "She works at their funeral home."

==============================

Ran: "Yes, that would be me, Ran Yakumo."

Chen: "Ah, you were asked "Who is the strongest beast in Gensokyo?" right?"

Ran: "No, no. "Who has the biggest bust in Gensokyo?"

Chen: "Lady Ran?"

Ran: "No mistake. I've calculated it carefully."

===============================

There're more that I like but I'm about to attend a class. So, there's not much time left. The Questions were ridiculous and the answers are even more bizarre. The non-stop questions part was so intense and the questions begins to repeat resulting an even more diverting situation. The ending sequence is one of the smoothest I've seen in a while.

Spoiler

Wasn't this thread empty a month ago, the shrine does have something usual going on in a good way. When the forum gets active, things are bound to get interesting. 

• Like 3

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Touhou Grand Prix! I remember watching those, and yet, I don't think I ever did watch all of them. I distinctly remember Spin Kappa and that chikuwa-bu skit being very impactful, and the rest are considerably more fuzzy to me in my memory, so I think that definitely sticks out. Part of it is probably also due to it featuring Nitori, one of my favourite Touhous.

• Up 1

3 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

That one right there is my favorite skit of all time. The classic one give off the nostalgic vibe with "CHEEEEEEEEN", the 6th M-1 comes unexpected, Chen drops bars that even Yukari can't recover the burns. 

My favorite part about the 6th M-1 is Ran desperately trying to make Yukari not blow up both her and Chen.
Chen: "Lady Ran said the following"
Ran: "Uh-oh"
Chen: "Our team is definitely funnier than Barrier Girls"
Ran: "I DIDN'T SAY THAT"
Chen: "I won't lose on breast size either"
Ran:  "I DO LOSE! I'm two cups smaller, I'm a washboard compared to her!"
Chen: "Her fashion sense is lame"
Ran: "IT'S FANTASTIC!"

• Like 2

I am gonna repost here a little bit something I have written in the fanservice thread. By no means it is supposed to diminish the value of M-1 Grand Prix. Mostly, it counts in the "nudity for comedic purpose" category, aka something I am perfectly fine with.

Watching again through Touhou M-1 Grand Prix (at least the videos available on YouTube), there have been some moments I might call fanservice, but which were played for laughs, and so I am perfectly fine with then:

• in Spin Kappa - "Mischievous Kappa" (M-1 Grand Prix 6th Edition): one of the scenes has Nitori basically stripping Hina behind a semi-transparent paravan and body-painting her. It took me a while to realize it was actually just body paint, but Hina was actually looking ver good in the "sports outfit" (bonus for the following "FIGHT ON, CHIKUWA CLUB!" gag)

• in Binary Drop - "Last Brutal Manzai" (M1 Grand Prix 12th Edition finals): I guess Eiki barely being covered with a towel for most of the video while nervously waiting for a tattoo counts? Also in universe, I guess the public might have had a great time at the end seeing her "bear her body to assert dominance". As a commoner, seeing the Yama, the ne who is supposed to judge your sins after you died, like that would sure be something...

• in YuuTen Paradise - "Handling Fans" (M-1 Grand Prix 9th Edition): besides being one of those "crack-ships" kind of thing, Tenshi decides to take a shower live, in front of the audience, to because she thought she was not "clean enough/disinfected" before the dialogue with Yuuka. And have the second have of their skit. All I can say is "suddenly yuri". Again, the reactions of the auditorium might have been interesting, even if everyone tried to hide it. Also Yuuka: "Is it a problem if I got excited?"

• in Cat Stone - "Battle at Ganryu Island" (M01 Grand Prix 4th edition): Koishi and Orin are trying to reenact a famous sword duel, and somehow the two of them end up with V-necks o their kimonos. Blurred boobs ensues, and Orin asking if it's not "too gory"

Orin: "Isn't that too gory?! Why would we have V-necks? 
    KoishiV-necks are awesome! "
    Orin: "Aren't our ●● hanging out?"
    Koishi: "Don't say that!
    Orin: "With these V-necks."

(At least they are self-aware about it)

• in Purely Hell - "Quick and Efficient Purification Manzai" (M-1 Grand Prix 11th Edition) - not to that much of an extent, but it was funny to see Junko and Hecatia arguing over a T-shirt, with Jun looking the wrong way when in a discussion. Also, apparently there is "Hentai of Junko from the Xia dynasty or something" on the (in-universe) M-1 Grand Prix page (therefore the funny scene with Shinmyoumaru trying to access the page, and being too small - literally - to proceed - "You are trying to access a restricted page." "Please type the reason you wish to access this page or seek parental advice." Text Field: "Please let me see it" ). Verdict: unexpected T-shirt abuse/10 (just kidding, the skit in itself has been extremely fun to watch)

Spoiler

spacer.png

"My face is up here! My shirt won't understand you!"

spacer.png

Hecatia: "I'm gonna dunk you in Haiter later!"
Junko: "That's bleach! Don't bully your T-shirt!"

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 4/16/2022 at 7:48 PM, Tenkko said:

I'd definitely like to watch them in their full version. Unfortunately, I do not really afford to get them at the moment, as a monthly subscription would cost me more than I can afford spending. However, I did hear they are very good, and I guess worth checking out. But until I get some funds to do so, I will look for whenever they give temporary free access to some of them. Just like they did with the 16th M-1 Grand Prix on the New Year.

Spoiler

Also got the chance to convert that thing into an MP4 file for which I'm working to create subtitles (first in English, then maybe in Romanian too - at least for the Iku & Tenshi skit), but that is another story

spacer.png

On 3/10/2022 at 3:52 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

"You are trying to access a restricted page." "Please type the reason you wish to access this page or seek parental advice." Text Field: "Please let me see it" - together with the image of Shinmyoumaru in front of the PC makes for an adorable scene.

spacer.png

Just as I remembered that I had this screenshot saved in a dump folder from over a year ago. 

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

That's gotta be one of the cooler screenshot I've ever seen.

It sure is a cute screenshot. And the context just makes it even better. Since apparently the (in-universe) M-1 Grand Prix website contains inappropriate materials (what sort of materials? nobody knows, albeit Hecatia made a quick snippet towards what could be there: "Hentai of Junko from the Xia dynasty or something"). Therefore, the website is locked, and users have to be big enough in order to use it. And in the case of Shinmyoumaru, she is (literally) too small to access it. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

I was talking to Gou yesterday about the "Oni Goddess Girls" one actually, my favourite, the fact that the one on YouTube now appears to have a section cut out of it. You can see my comment just below the video in both English & Japanese asking why that is:-

Edited by SasaMisa
Image spacing.
  • Like 1

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

• 1 month later...

That one is pretty amusing, I must admit, as is the one with Orin & Okuu arguing over marriage proposal. (^p^)

As an aside, I've actually got an M1 clear file stuck up with poster strips on one of my kitchen cupboards of Remilia, Flandre & Cirno. I did intend to add more of them, but me being me, I kind of got sidetracked. (^_^;)

Edited by SasaMisa
Inserting an edit.

1665302947_LancerDoll.png.f3d1d67b8a45698f0a8a0ea85f46d0fc.png As the Dollmaker herself would agree: Lancer Doll is best doll! (#^_^#)

• 3 weeks later...

From what I managed to check yet, it seems like the latest, temporary free full release of the M1 Grand Prix has a number of the comedy skits I have mentioned. Particularly YuuTen Paradise and Moriya Kero. They have been re-released with the latest graphics, but also got some changed in terms of script. I can either let you watch and see what is different, or go into further detail later. The video will be available for free until the 31st of August. 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 1

spacer.png