Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - soon to be closed, Arcadia Record)

News roundup. Finally something to talk about this week...

News and updates

In the following hours, we are going to get another maintenance. This time, things that will actually make people pay attention.

- new event: Capsule Crazy Gensokyo
- banne coming with it contains Seija, Raiko and Sumireko (2 gen units everyone was looking for)
- another banner: retro MoF Nitori  just another attempt at selling a reskin to compensate for the fuckup with the original Nitori 

Meanwhile, JP is getting more new units

- time to fully milk EoSD with Daiyousei alt and Koakuma; what I appreciate is that they went with the battle sprite for them

- and speaking of Koakuma, there is also her version from the Hifuu universe

Community discussion and memes

Surprisingly, there has been nothing relevant going on this week besides having us play Human Phantom Maid for the third time, so I really can't write about any interesting discussion.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Sumireko appeared for me, so I'm glad to finally try her out in other modes! I was also thinking about using my exchange ema for Raiko or Wakasagihime whenever she arrives. 

On 9/15/2022 at 10:23 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

Meanwhile, JP is getting more new units

- time to fully milk EoSD with Daiyousei alt and Koakuma; what I appreciate is that they went with the battle sprite for them.

I think Eosd Daiyousei and Koakuma look cute and since this is their classic versions, I don't seeing them at all. I wonder which game they will stop at for making these variations. Personally, I think the characters up to Ten Desires is enough, but they'll probably work on this for everyone.

On a separate note, will you guys be voting in the annual popularity poll this time?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Isaac said:

On a separate note, will you guys be voting in the annual popularity poll this time?

I wanted to, but for some reason, my votes won't send. I tried contacting the team but alas, the send button won't work there either.

• Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Marisa fan! jaooooooooo

9 minutes ago, sodaodaoda said:

I wanted to, but for some reason, my votes won't send. I tried contacting the team but alas, the send button won't work there either.

Oh, hopefully you'll still be able to vote in time Soda! As for my votes: 

Screenshot_20220916-165040_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3b41405d20590241551312fd5eb6896b.jpg

Screenshot_20220916-165101_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7db2a652dc42c4158ddc22e223ed0a3a.jpg

Screenshot_20220916-165123_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52dbda1cc1e93f5e07640112d3dde1d9.jpg

• Like 1

Time to come up with yet another update. Get ready for the news roundup (with a copious amount of spicy towards the end)

News and updates

JP version of Scarlet Devil Tower is receiving yet another alt... I mean retro character. And not just anyone, but Sunny Milk Maid. For some reason, she is branded as an A6 character (even after exhausting the EoSD cast, you can still find way to milk it). I do not even understand how she is a retro - have we ever seen Sunny in maid outfit in canon? Also, wouldn't she be either an A10/11 (as for the debut of the Three Fairies) or even an A12.8 character? Nonetheless, she is the latest JP banner, at the same time as Momoyo. 

717f3pszazo91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

8go6opszazo91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

With the current event uphold, there have been numerous memes spawning out of the meta/self-aware tone of the story. Here are some of the ones that caught my attention:

0d724xetb7o91.jpg

"It's Morby time!"

jtveyj9es6o91.jpg

New character in LW?

Meanwhile, someone has figured out the only reasonable way of how to win for good at this game...

...while others are looking for the recipe of success though new units...

RDT_20220920_1305206573333845463463599.j

...and others just found a new way to keep themselves even with that tiniest bit of happiness they still have.

Out of context meme format

jwemqu8c66o91.png

Before dropping the final, spicy bit, I have one question for everyone around:

• Spoiler
    • Same thing that made me install it, 2hus and cute girls doing cute things.
    • It's Touhou and I'm a sucker for waifu PNGs
    • I find the writing charming and I generally like the art. They definitely went overboard trying to increase "sexiness" on several occasions, but it's whatever.
    • Story. That's also counting in the limited time events and other, smaller activities that unveil the story further... yes, even upgrading story cards you get through the gacha.
    • The main story lol. I wanna find out what happens
    • Touhou Gacha. Pretty simple for me. I mean, I also really like the Hifuu stories and I did enjoy Chapter 2 of the main story. But that's really about it. I don't actually like the massive flanderized characters since I find a few of them outright annoying. (Which is sad since a lot of them are some of my favorite characters from the official series).

• Its ease to just pick up and play for 10 minutes while I’m waiting for something else (like cooking dinner or doing dishes) but also how rewarding it is to play for longer periods of time. trying to do tower or an ex stage is hard and that’s fun. the story is fun to read when I have time, hifuu is a nice change of pace, and the events are nice little bonus content to me. I have never spent money on a gacha game and I don’t plan to, however lostword is more friendly to ftp people and in turn I have more of the characters that I want compared to something like genshin where it would be hard for the average ftp to have 50% of the characters they want the fact that I can have have closer to 90% of characters is great and lets me get more attached to the characters in the story cus for most of them I could get them. it’s got great music and art that the community provides some of which is so old you can’t find it elsewhere. it’s core gameplay loop can get stale but I always find myself playing when I need to fill time because it’s really fun to try new things like harder battles or different characters. it got me into so many new characters I didn’t know existed and so even though it’s not great it’s still fun. Also Touhou Gacha

• it's a touhou gacha...that's about it. It's the quintessential autobattling png collector that powercreeps units constantly. Nothing about the ganeplay is worth staying for if youre looking for autobattler gachas, theyre a dime a dozen. Event stories are usually fun, especially the current one. As long as they avoid the boring and overused eosd cast, i generally like the events. Main story on the other hand has been getting consistently worse since the middle of chapter 3. Too many alts that make little sense and the story doesnt update enough to keep me engaged. This game relies on touhou fans caring about the characters. Not many games could get away with stuff like unsparkable epic units (and people even defend epic units too!) Lost word has survived because people like touhou and gambling. Not sure why it has outlived better games like danmaku kagura, but I digress. Without touhou's established community that guzzles anything touhou-related, this game would have died before 1st anniversary.

• it's a touhou gacha...that's about it. It's the quintessential autobattling png collector that powercreeps units constantly. Nothing about the ganeplay is worth staying for if youre looking for autobattler gachas, theyre a dime a dozen. Event stories are usually fun, especially the current one. As long as they avoid the boring and overused eosd cast, i generally like the events. Main story on the other hand has been getting consistently worse since the middle of chapter 3. Too many alts that make little sense and the story doesnt update enough to keep me engaged. This game relies on touhou fans caring about the characters. Not many games could get away with stuff like unsparkable epic units (and people even defend epic units too!) Lost word has survived because people like touhou and gambling. Not sure why it has outlived better games like danmaku kagura, but I digress. Without touhou's established community that guzzles anything touhou-related, this game would have died before 1st anniversary.

• It being a Touhou Gacha is already one of the biggest reasons to play this. Its ease of play, F2P Friendliness, and story are also a plus.

• I do get what you mean. LostWord is low on my priority list when it comes to mobile games exactly because it's very standard and no variety in gameplay. But I just like collecting my favorite characters and different versions of them, so that is enough for me.

• I was hoping for a game with pc98 characters, well we've started getting them in the story so I guess that's enough

• i dont play any other mobile games plus i love touhou so i keep playing

• FOMO and sunk cost fallacy like most of us mental patients in this asylum called Gacha Hell

• Daily challenges and event stuff to get super rich on stuff that I’ll probably never use (60 paper dolls lmao, 4k of each book). Oh and yeah cute 2hus I suppose.

• Help im stuck in touhou gacha hell and I can't get out.

• It's low commitment. I only actively "play" the game for about 15 minutes most days, which is clearing daily tasks and the daily arena. The rest of it is just auto-battling which requires virtually no input, and doing errands. I prefer it this way tbh, I know people want more gameplay variation but if they overwhelm me with stuff to do that it becomes too big a commitment I could see myself getting turned off.

• All my Reisens

• Well, I like Touhou. And leveling up everyone is fun. I got Sumireko just yesterday, and I'm going to max her out, and make her the best unit ever by absolutely stuffing her with Incense.

• I guess a love of Touhou brought me here with Lost Word's great artwork. This is my first Gatcha. 3 Things which keep me around in the game. 1) This game like other tackles the conundrum of the traditional RPG (Before DLC came a thing) which would eventually come to an end, as new content is always generated, which keeps you investing, kinda like MMO's. This is for the main story and the events. 2) EX events pipeline: I have been consistently playing since nearly day 1. I find enjoyment trying to first complete the EX events from my toolbox of cards and characters which are different then what everyone else has posted online and then like finding ways to as efficiently and consistently as possible farm the ex stage. I think this is where I differ from other people as don't play any other Gatcha and can leave it auto-farming at work. 3) The alternative Characters in the main story seemed to be quite good character development if your the main character of the chapter, Alterisa, edgy Youmu... While the events are usually much to do about nothing and I do agree that characters do have some Flanderisation there which I am fine with as the writing team keeps it consistent and hence more humorous then the main story. Hits 50-50 with the creativity of the events, some like the current event can be really creative and I like how they change the title of the characters. The upside of flanderisation is and what the events have been really good at is focusing on a different set of characters each time, just not incident resolvers, and then you get to see them interact interdependently with other characters. I have noted that the Lost Word alternative version Characters in the main story seemed to be quite good character development if your the main character of the chapter, Alterisa, edgy Youmu.. instead of the character which stops any incident where a character could be mis-characteristic. That's my 2c why I stay around.

• [This one comes from our friend Sodaodaoda] The fear of missing out is what keeps me from quitting (again.). The fact that it's Touhou helps it as well, since I adore Touhou and will probably eat anything up that's Touhou. I quit for the first time 2 months after the game got launched. I remember that the new banner at that time was Alterisa. The only reason that I'm back here is because EoSD Reimu quite literally haunted me ever since I first saw her back in February (I remember waking up from a dream where I was playing Lost Word and I had EoSD Rei, Mari and Saku, and after waking up I downloaded the game again.). The gameplay became stale for me again, and I got to the point where I have to force myself to play through the new event. I want to stop, but there are so many new units and events that I don't want to miss, so idrk what to do. /shrug

• Multiple of my favorite characters still not being in the game yet - Yuuma, Chimata, Momoyo, Tsukasa, Sariel, Gengetsu, Yumemi, Shinki... Ruukoto (though we will never get her lol). The list goes on...

• holds me over until next mainline game

• The hope of eventually getting something decent one day

• When I "take a break" I just do my dailies when I wake up and font touch the game until the next day, maybe do that

• Just playing casually. I find the gameplay interesting when I can't just auto through and I think the story and events have improved a lot.

• This game's main objective, just like any other gacha game, is to make you spend as much money on it as possible, and in order to do that they make the game addictive and difficult to quit because of they "everything i invested will be for nothing if i quit" feeling. If you enjoy the game, then keep playing it, the game being a gacha game doesn't mean you can't have fun with it, but don't let it take too much of your time. Friends, job/studies and a healthy live in general are way more important.

• I’m waiting for more characters I like. I’m a F2P who’s out waifu collecting. I liked the story, but after the middle of ch3, I’m a bit scared to start 4… I eagerly await more Hifuu content.

• I'm getting SCs until the new Yuuka come out and then I'll decide if I'll continue for a while or not, so yeah the game doesn't really have much worth, story is somewhat intriguing but the game as a whole doesn't have enough.

• Nothing in particular...i just enjoyed it

• Hong Meiling

• Not only because it's a Touhou Gacha, but because the story writing is actually quite interesting. It also beings up topics that are rarely used in fanworks or lore like Yumemi's Probability Space Hypervessel, Reimu's ability to summon Gods from training with Yorihime, etc.

• Big numbers and ufez flan go brrrrrr

And now, the part you may have been waiting for. Since the latter part of past summer, Touhou LostWord has decided to pull a classic gacha move and make a beach episode, complete with summer skins, actually I mean completely new characters just to sell summer skins at the prove of an overpowered, unsparkable unit.

400901_Profile.png

605601_Profile.png

Looking at you, EFES Yukari and Hecatia...

Around the same time, I was taking a look at the bigger general gacha communities. It just happened that they were talking about summer skins, just in a different way and about other games. Given they are gacha communities after all, the way the approach gacha game tropes sure is different from us, people who tend to be more used to the world and community of Touhou. Anyway, I will let the results talk by themselves:

Alright, so here is what the people answered (I will only select a few answers I found more substantial, or at least interesting. Some of those will also be accompanied by image support of the comment linked images, which if needed will be marked as spoiler). Before anything, I ended up believing the summer skins LostWord gave us are purely child's play compared to whatever those people are talking about (I am not very familiar with the world of gacha, and at best I can recognize some of the game titles but not associate them with anything)

• This, i just played DC (Destiny Child) this week and shocked how most skins are very lewd. Got summer and towel skin Anemone for free only need grinding. If any want to play now is best time to try they give a lot freebies for new player. Make sure you downloaded the taptap version cuz its uncensored there dont download the Google Play one.

• [Azur Lane fans getting angry their game is not lewd enough]: Not anymore. April 2021 was the last event that had the regular top tier skins. Since then, no full frontal unobstructed bikini skins at all.

- most adult characters are drawn facing away from the viewer.
    - most adult characters have 0 summer themed skins
    - I mean look at Taiho. Yunsang is wasted, look at his 2020 skins vs now. Night and day.
    - only the Loli characters have lewd skins.

Actually, I believe New Jersey’s design was dumbed down because of the regs. If she were released a year earlier, she would 100% have an open chest and regular thigh highs, not a BS black body suit. It makes me angry because they ruined such a good thing. I’m not even looking forward to Musashi and Yamato anymore, because I know both designs will be dumbed down to appease the woke mob over in China. I mean look at ALs marketing. The teased swimsuit skins for every event this summer in the advertising. But what do we get?

- Tutus.
    - Sports skins.
    - Half assed swimsuits that have obvious obstructions (and only two total).

The Chinese Minister of Culture has ripped out the very soul of this game. On the AL subreddit you will get downvoted into oblivion by the woke mob who view the ships as cute, and they don’t want them to be to undressed or some bullshit. The games whole point was the lewdness.

Just to put it simply:

From 2018-2021 I spent $17,000 on the game.
    From 2021 to now I have only spent ~$1k.

• Azur Lane hasn't had good summer skins lately but the old ones are fine. Listed some I like below: (* = generally well liked by "coomunity")

Big Tits:

- *Zara - Poolside Coincidence (Big tits)
    - Honolulu - Summer Accident (Big tits)
    - Sirius - Scorching Hot Seirios (Big tits)
    - *Vittorio Veneto - The Flower of La Spezia (Big tits)
    - Atago - Summer March (Big tits, well liked)

Medium tits:

- Prince of Wales - Sun shing upon Windsor (Medium tits, nipple)
    - Surcoff - Loisirs Balneaires (Medium is Premium)

Ass:
    - Drake - The Golden Hand's Respite (Big Ass)
    - *Pola - Seaside Coincidence (Big Ass and A Starfi)

Other: *Richelieu - Fleuron of Waves (Classy, same artist as Surtr)

Unrelated to the summer skins, but a general idea of what people mean through Azur Lane skins (one of the mild outfits)

1920px-Skin_Selection_Interface_EN.png

There is literally WAY TOO MUCH content to put it in here, so I guess a link will have to do it instead https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/wiki/Skins#Swimsuits-0. People in the Reddit discussion also wanted to point out the following two skins:

Spoiler

HonokaSummer.png

Honoka

NyotenguSummer.png

Nyotengu (both images apparently made from a collab with DoA - I have no idea what is that)

• People keep on talking about Azur Lane, so I guess I will add more shit from there:

- Kashino’s Hot Springs Relaxation - L2D
- Surcouf’s Loisirs Balnèaires - L2D
- Pola’s Seaside Coincidence - L2D
- Formidable’s Lady at the Beach
- Zara’s Poolside Coincidence - L2D
- Nicolas’s Summer Cleaning “Volunteer”
- Vitterio Veneto’s The Flower of La Spezia - L2D
- Richelieu’s Fleuron of the Waves - L2D
- Those are all of my favorites of the swimsuit skins, but there is a lot more good ones

Actually, I believe Azur Lane might be more relevant than one would think, given Touhou LW is pretty much a clone of this game.

• Azur lane (Before last year April 2021, The italian swimsuit batch was the best and there were plenty of good summer Live2Ds before that era such as Kashino/Zara/Surcouf/Sirius etc. Nothing as good since then has been released, skins have not been as skin-revealing and fanservicey since then). GFL (some of the Live2Ds were reaaaaallly lewd, like the close to nude one with the starfish)

• FGO, for creativity. Problem with most gacha’s summer skins is that they just put the character in a swimsuit and call it a day. While the art is usually very lovely, it’s also somewhat boring. They are pretty much “exactly as expected”, with gacha artists just trying to out lewd each other. Every single one of FGO’s summer outfits all have some kinda goofy secondary theme/motif to them, giving them a lot more visually interest outside of “just swimsuit”. Because FGO’s format is to have each character have 3 separate sprites, they usually allow 2 outfits to be a standard swimsuit while 1 is something wacky and unexpected. Some great examples would be Nitocris being fully covered in a Medjed sheet on 1st ascension, Meltryllis having a penguin parka -> ballerina swimsuit, Jeanne being a dolphin trainer, Tomoe playing VR beat saber, BB’s final ascension switching from swimsuit to eldritch tentacles, Kiara changing from swimsuit to police dominatrix outfit to a full mermaid transformation, Saint Martha punching enemies with iron fists, etc. The unpredictability of FGO’s summer costumes makes them all visually entertaining and highly distinct. Some even greatly changing the base design of the characters (Wu Zetian goes from angry child to a proper adult, complete with jiangshi and magic) or have other unusual elements (the Valkyries are a free character, but you can only choose 1 out of 3 of them, and each can swap to a different Valkyrie, resulting in 6 sets of voicelines and sprites). It gives them all an added layer of fun that I feel a lot of other gachas lack in their alts, which typically play too safe.

• I'm gonna have to dig a grave and do a little necromancy to say King's Raid. Tons of tight bikinis of various sizes and designs. Hell, there's even a loli in bandages, you see quite a lot. KR fanservice and swimsuits were AMAZING and their sizes of booba and skin revealing was wild. 

• Counterside has some good ones coming this week. For Reference:

• Azurlane by far, the Live2D ones are on another level. With the special touch when you tap their chest or ass they will play with the swimsuits and comment something equally as horny as you are.

• Dunno where to see Ash Arms has the best summer costume, even after the recent summer event ended 5 days ago. But the art style isn't consistent, looks like they are from different games. I'll just list the characters with their summer costumes, and you'll take your verdict:

EeKeixQVAAAvKtR?format=png&name=large

EeP_Iw4UcAcvEDj?format=png&name=large

EeK2QOPU8AAVYs2?format=png&name=large

E7B7A8E99B86E88085E794A8E3839AE383BCE382 

E7iR3gPVUAIZ6EI?format=jpg&name=large

FZtcCrMUYAAdV-F?format=jpg&name=large

• I personally love the sailor event Twisted Wonderland put on! It's not sexy or anything of the sort but it's cute. Not exactly a skin but it's summer-themed cards.

• Azur Lane has amazing swimsuit skins like Atago, Vinetto, and Tosa. Sadly, they have toned down the fan service because of potential censorship issues. AL is mainly monetized by their amazing skins, so it should come as no surprise.

• I like the costume Pansirone got for halloween during the "swimsuit fiasco" in King's Raid. The "swimsuit fiasco" was half a year when all thematic costumes released in the game were swimsuits, because a poll stated that users liked those costumes the most. However the comunity got tired and started to rant and be vocal about it.

• Guardian Tales (images linked in the original comment below):

SLorraine.png

beach-sohee.png

beach-yuze.jpg

• Fruits Fulcute has some pretty nice art, too bad its a 虚無ゲー. Some of the sex scenes are animated, some are static. Typically anniversary skinned characters are animated.
Spoiler

C9D4C3CEB2D028BFE5C3E529_C9D4C3CEB2D028B

A5AFA5C1A5CFA5C6A5A4A5EB28C4AEC6E2B2F129

(I wanted to load the chibi GIF animations for those two, but they are on such a shoddy wiki page that 90% of the time when you want to load it, it gives a runtime error)

• For degeneracy then destiny child no debate, some characters there are almost close to nude already that they use nipple pasty only, its important to downloaded the taptap uncensored version. Would put Last origin on first place cuz they really hired some hentai artist's on that game but sadly its not in global.

Closing thoughts

Wow, it really took me much longer to write this than I expected. But I guess it was mostly coming from the summer skins part. 

I am not very sure how to continue this thread. There has been less and less noteworthy stuff going on with the game, so I don't have what to write about in the news round-up. If I am to write opinion texts, they are starting to showing an increasing degree of frustration and wish to be done with the whole thing while I still can (only intensified as we are getting closer and closer to the shutdown of DanKagu). My only other options are either put an end to the whole thing, or start diversify. But I can't just close this down so easily. The thread already reached 10K views and over 200 replies, so a lot of effort went into it for half a year. 

And do not get me started on the whole slowly gathering negativity towards LostWord. I hate that exactly the laziest, cheapest and most soulless of the Touhou mobile games is the one to have survived. I don't think we will ever hey to see nice Live2D animations for characters in a Touhou game (and now I mean mobile games - I don't have money for computer games, nor refer to them - do they use Live2D for any of the Touhou fan games on PC?). I don't think there will be anything too soon to beat the cute animations and animated dialogue from DanKagu, if there will be anything at all.  

DanKagu failed financially so hard it could not even afford to make a server outside JP, as it failed to incentivize the players to pay for any in-game content. Therefore, it will get the axe in a month from now. This is one of the scariest things about "games as a service" kind of content (yes, I do believe all of the Touhou mobile games fit in this category). You fully depend on the creator's servers, many times can't play without internet, and if they decided o shut down the game (most of the time only because it is not profitable enough), the player loses everything (and if you spent any real money in the game, then I guess you are fucked because nobody will give you compensation) as you remain with nothing when the game ceases to exist (many times without the chance to recover/salvage it). The games basically become lost media. Scott Ross, the creator of famous machinima series "Freeman's Mind" has a very interesting video about the whole concept of "games as a service", why hates them so much and why he considers the whole concept to be a fraud.  

• Like 3

spacer.png

Alrighty, there's a lot of stuff to write, so I'll start with the simplest reply xd

On 9/17/2022 at 9:55 PM, Isaac said:

Oh, hopefully you'll still be able to vote in time Soda!

I did actually manage to fix the issue! I guess I linked my Twitter account and for some reason, it got fucked up, and it wouldn't work. Maybe it was because back then, my Twitter name was just "kouma" but now I added a "Commissions opened" after it. I just used my email to get the ID and from now on, I'll use that ID to vote.
image.png.90839be4d8f6164d19d07e6a8c2eb316.png

1. Alice (duh)
2. Meiling (duh)
3. Youmu
4. Marisa
5. Konngara
6. Eiki
7. Kana Anaberal

image.png.a2898c359ff6b1b144fdefe0be76cd08.png

1. EoSD (duh)
2. 100thBM
3. HRtP
4. MS
5. PCB

I'll probably vote for songs too, I just need to see which one I'll pick.

Now, for Count's part.

First of all, why is Sunny A6??? She's not from EoSD.... Is it because of this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjxo_yB9ek - Sunny Milk's Scarlet Mist Incident, from the CD Strange and Bright Nature Deity

Having Momoyo is nice tho.

(speaking of the devil, here's sunny milk's intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ik1nFGpmjk)
(i hate her voice)

Okay, now for the lewd costumes.

It's pretty obvious that they're here just for the appeal of the "coomers" of the gacha community. It's a shame because the art of these games is really good, and I'm sure there's more summer/lewd costumes than the SFW ones, in fact, the only gacha that I can think of off the top of my head that has more SFW costumes is in fact our good friend TLW. Even TLW's beach costumes are tame compared to these games (I still want the captain Ran costume....).

Also, I didn't know that Guardian Tales got into this trope as well.

10 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

I am not very sure how to continue this thread. There has been less and less noteworthy stuff going on with the game, so I don't have what to write about in the news round-up. If I am to write opinion texts, they are starting to showing an increasing degree of frustration and wish to be done with the whole thing while I still can (only intensified as we are getting closer and closer to the shutdown of DanKagu).

I think that there's still gonna be some outrageous updates done to TLW, but at this point, I'm sure you're fed up with all this stupid shit that TLW does.
It's super sad that the good games can't live long enough, I think both Cannonball and DanKagu lasted for about a year, and TLW is still.. Somehow going strong. And I don't even know what's happening to Arcadia Records.

It's a shame really, how these days it seems like people only care for lewdest stuff. And it's even more sad that these games are becoming lost media. I really wish that the gacha industry was better, or, an even better approach, that it didn't even exist.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

Even TLW's beach costumes are tame compared to these games

Holy shit, after that little trip into the gacha world of summer skins, the ones LW gave us are literally nothing compared what those other games of the genre pull for their player base. But again, the main point of these games is to have good art and attract through horny. Had the art not been good, nobody would have invested their time playing a gacha after all. 

12 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

I think that there's still gonna be some outrageous updates done to TLW, but at this point, I'm sure you're fed up with all this stupid shit that TLW does.

I am more than sure by not there will be more stupid, outrageous, stupidly outrageous and outrageously stupid stuff to come in the future. Now that classic monetization methods are starting to run dry, they will have to make money out of something else. Either by pulling some new bullshit into the game, or throwing the game under the bus and move to the next project. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

It's a shame that people would only consider spending ridiculous amounts of money for these types of costumes, no matter how shallow the gameplay is. Even though swimsuit characters should've been costumes instead, I'm just glad that lostword isn't focusing on over-sexualising them. 

There's also a dev letter arriving sooner than expected. Wonder which characters are arriving next, apart from the ufes ones.

• Like 1

I was wondering if there was any Pc-98 characters in TLW (i’ve started playing this game 3 weeks ago 😅)

Plus, why they didn’t added, with Koakuma and Daiyousei, Rin Satsuki aka  the forgotten EoSD character since we already have an official colored version of her 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nekofire said:

I was wondering if there was any Pc-98 characters in TLW (i’ve started playing this game 3 weeks ago 😅)

Welcome to gacha hell. Sadly, there is no playable PC-98 character in LostWord. At most, we have seen PC-98 Reimu, Marisa, Shinki and apparently an alt character that the LW community seems to be referring to as being based on PC-98 Yuuka. 

5 hours ago, Nekofire said:

Plus, why they didn’t added, with Koakuma and Daiyousei, Rin Satsuki aka  the forgotten EoSD character since we already have an official colored version of her

Here is the thing. The drawn character everyone associated with "Rin Satsuki" IS NOT ACTUALLY Rin Satsuki. That image only represents a mascot for Team Shanghai Alice ZUN came up with at the time, while Rin only remained a forgotten name coded into EoSD, which was never pictured.

Th6_6113.png

The name "Rin Satsuki" coded into the EoSD files

Th06Rin.jpg

Team Shanghai Alice's "poster girl"

Basically, the image we associate nowadays as "Rin Satsuki" fits the following situation: a character without an image, and an image without a name. As fans wanted to fill in the gaps, they merged the two and we ended up with this:

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Like 2

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Nekofire said:

I thought that it was officially her… but the full color artwork I was talking about is this one (the one below) it is called « Hermit Girl » and the girl kinda looks like the mascot of Team Shanghai Alice

ECE809D7-88AF-4366-BDB8-148BC0E465DB.jpeg

Oh, this might be one of the miscellaneous drawings ZUN did. In the time gap between Mystic Square and EoSD, ZUN draw a lot of images. That one in itself represents an interesting era in the evolution of his art, given it is the transition era towards early Windows games art. I really want to talk in a separate thread about those drawing because they are very cool as concept and he drew them for quite some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Nekofire said:

Here, a useful link for your future thread  (sorry to post it in this thread) 

https://zh.touhouwiki.net/index.php?title=ZUN/其他绘作&variant=zh

Oh fuck!!! I haven't seen some of these at all!
Thank you for sharing these, I love ZUN's old drawings so this makes me incredibly happy. I just wish I knew chinese...

33 minutes ago, sodaodaoda said:

I just wish I knew chinese...

You just can use Google translate even if the translations are sounding strange sometimes…

There is some stories about some characters that we have never seen and it’s very interesting (like a full body illustration of Marisa where ZUN sayed that, according to him, her skirt is a tiny bit too short 😶 or some mikos that we have never seen)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nekofire said:

There is some stories about some characters that we have never seen and it’s very interesting (like a full body illustration of Marisa where ZUN sayed that, according to him, her skirt is a tiny bit too short 😶 or some mikos that we have never seen)

Oh yeah, the Hourai Shoujos, I like the image of that "adult" looking miko, by the river.

https://zh.touhouwiki.net/images/7/75/Zun008.JPG

• Like 2

Time for the news roundup.

News and updates

On the Friday-to-Saturday night (at least according to my time zone), there has been a Dev Letter for LW Global. Quite a few things have been announced, given the game reached 2 million downloads. Looks like LW will not die out any time soon... Let's see what the game will put at our disposal. Keep in mind, the 2 million downloads celebration might be coming just in time with the 1.5 years game anniversary for Global. Last year, the 0.5 anniversary was celebrated by cutting some of the free features, so I wonder if we are gonna lose anything this time around.

The main features that have been announced:

• guaranteed friend festival: from what I can understand, you are getting daily one Guaranteed friend ritual, which might also contain retro versions of the characters (compared to the classic ritual, which only contains general pool friends)
  • special tasks: my guess is that through these tasks, the players will receive either increased resources or special, rare ones 
  • bonus for daily logins - music connected to the Hifuu universe versions of the SDM cast
  • battles will cost half the Sprit Points - finally, I was really looking to this one, as I am running dry on resources with the current event; I have not seen my SP count go below 20K since last year at least - to be fair, I am also using expensive units for farming 
  • more x4 rewards for main story and Hifuu 
  • x3 School XP for a week

Interesting they have decided to split the news into 2 parts this time:

• Hifuu Patchouli and Koakuma are coming; unfortunately, they are separate banners
  • new 72H Newcomer banner
  • current event is getting the Extra stages - get ready for more Morby
  • the general friends pool is getting an update in regards to Guaranteed Prayers
  • more floors opened in the Scarlet Devil Tower
  • more characters are getting Fantasy Rebirth 2.0

Meanwhile, the colleagues from Scarlet Talk have decided to cover the news their own way. Get ready for more Remy & Patchy shenanigans:

Spoiler

lrlepwkb7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

lyxo8prb7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

b1r5xsxb7rp91.jpg?width=720&format=pjpg&

zzs3w91c7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

4k65jh8c7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

ztjxw1ec7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

xm4cssqc7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

mcqkmy2d7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

k2s49ifd7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

uvrh6ysd7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

pi9p9e2e7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

e4k02she7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

2y77sdwe7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

nm7nyrvf7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

y76bcivg7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

9l836qvh7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

qrw1nwfi7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

on1ca51j7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

p6w4gonj7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

chhp0nck7rp91.jpg?width=1680&format=pjpg

The artist for Remilia and Patchouli actually has a Pixiv page, and can be found here https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/4972747 . He's got a lot of cute stuff
You can always find Remi & Patchy's news roundup here 

This time, an interesting video I would recommend. It is about the original game inspiration for Reimu's shot types and spellcards. Maybe the person has not used the best examples everywhere/could have used better images at times, but the effort is to be appreciated. 

Also know your enemy:

mtmw88haiup91.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png