Jump to content

Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - soon to be closed, Arcadia Record)


Recommended Posts

Hello, and welcome to the (hopefully) weekly news roundup. This have become a little spicy since the last entry. 

 

News and Updates

First, let's get into the summary of next maintenance. At least in my area, it will most likely start on Friday, 1st of July at 5:00 AM and will last for a few hours (could be either 9:00 or 11:00, depending on how quick the team is). Here are the main things coming:

To quote: 

  • Mystia (finally) and IN Eirin are the newest banner
  • Interlude: Act 1 seems t be the latest bit of playable story we are about to get, featuring Sumireko; she even has a new costume, but will not be playable for the time being
  • Epic festival for Blue Reimu continues
  • EoSD Marisa EX stage is now a thing, while Remilia EX continues
  • Fire EX is back
  • We are getting a rerun on the Hina cheer leader event - the event they decided to put in the middle of December despite being a spring/summer themed event

 

The introduction of Blue Reimu and concept of Epic Festival on Global has created a bit of wave among the people. Therefore, a number of discussions came up, each with a variety of answers. However, it seems like a main consensus among people was reached that this banner is not worth sparking due to the no pity feature. 

There's also the ridiculous situations of people with ludicrous amounts of luck, I guess... (it reminds me of that screenshot with 24 MLB copies of the Witch of Scarlet Dreams story cards) 

But there are also those who try making you feel a bit better if you decide not to go for the newest unit (EX is now a tier in the GamePress tier list, and Blue Reimu thrones over everyone)

 unknown.png

image.thumb.png.7e27b17c62d7376adeb29aff67420c86.png

Personally, I will not go for this one. At most, I am satisfied with the 130 free prayers we have received. However, the gods have decided to be against me, and after 110 pulls, I only got Kanako (literally a useless unit) and a Suika (already have her max upgrade), plus a ton of cards. I wonder what the remaining 20 prayers will bring, though chances are low for anything good. 

 

To make things even more spicy, now at a month after the release of the fourth tier unit and third kind of paper doll, JP has come with the idea of introducing a fifth tier and yet another kind of paper doll. I am not kidding, Relic Tier Fes is now a thing, which will require its own kind of paper doll just as hard to get as the Epic ones. You might wonder "what is a Relic unit?". Well, the answer is simple. LW released I think 14 music videos in collaboration with various music groups. And each of these MVs features at least 1 character. Therefore, the Relic units will be exactly the character as shown in these MVs. First such character will be Remilia, so there might be more on the way. A the very least, these Relic units can use pity points to get them, it just costs you 350 points (100 ore than a SFES unit) When I was wondering what will LW do just to squeeze some characters in after exhausting the canon characters pool and running out of ideas for OCs, they came up with something. Therefore, gaze upon this:

 

Spoiler

rgzye4gtbc891.jpg?width=2068&format=pjpg

tu6lj4gtbc891.jpg?width=2057&format=pjpg

 

Alright, on a more positive note. We finally have confirmation that Akyuu and Kosuzu are the two units to get Fantasy Rebirth this month. I know where one Ring will go. I only wished Akyuu's outfit was not just some close to generic wedding dress if you ask me. These will first come for JP, but will soon be available in Global as well.

unknown.png

 

 

Miscellaneous community talk and memes

People are still drawing their own interpretation of the MC. This week, one version from the L1 world and one for the Hifuu storyline 

In terms of memes this week, the one that caught my attention is related to how well you could just swap the color palette between the L1 Reimu and Blue Reimu, and pretty much not be sure which one is which

dnvm3hhuva891.jpg

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou_lostword/comments/vmfpt1/multiverse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

 

News will return as soon as something relevant will happen in this game

 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Hello, and welcome to the (hopefully) weekly news roundup. This have become a little spicy since the last entry. 

 

News and Updates

First, let's get into the summary of next maintenance. At least in my area, it will most likely start on Friday, 1st of July at 5:00 AM and will last for a few hours (could be either 9:00 or 11:00, depending on how quick the team is). Here are the main things coming:

To quote: 

  • Mystia (finally) and IN Eirin are the newest banner
  • Interlude: Act 1 seems t be the latest bit of playable story we are about to get, featuring Sumireko; she even has a new costume, but will not be playable for the time being
  • Epic festival for Blue Reimu continues
  • EoSD Marisa EX stage is now a thing, while Remilia EX continues
  • Fire EX is back
  • We are getting a rerun on the Hina cheer leader event - the event they decided to put in the middle of December despite being a spring/summer themed event

 

The introduction of Blue Reimu and concept of Epic Festival on Global has created a bit of wave among the people. Therefore, a number of discussions came up, each with a variety of answers. However, it seems like a main consensus among people was reached that this banner is not worth sparking due to the no pity feature. 

There's also the ridiculous situations of people with ludicrous amounts of luck, I guess... (it reminds me of that screenshot with 24 MLB copies of the Witch of Scarlet Dreams story cards) 

But there are also those who try making you feel a bit better if you decide not to go for the newest unit (EX is now a tier in the GamePress tier list, and Blue Reimu thrones over everyone)

 unknown.png

image.thumb.png.7e27b17c62d7376adeb29aff67420c86.png

Personally, I will not go for this one. At most, I am satisfied with the 130 free prayers we have received. However, the gods have decided to be against me, and after 110 pulls, I only got Kanako (literally a useless unit) and a Suika (already have her max upgrade), plus a ton of cards. I wonder what the remaining 20 prayers will bring, though chances are low for anything good. 

 

To make things even more spicy, now at a month after the release of the fourth tier unit and third kind of paper doll, JP has come with the idea of introducing a fifth tier and yet another kind of paper doll. I am not kidding, Relic Tier Fes is now a thing, which will require its own kind of paper doll just as hard to get as the Epic ones. You might wonder "what is a Relic unit?". Well, the answer is simple. LW released I think 14 music videos in collaboration with various music groups. And each of these MVs features at least 1 character. Therefore, the Relic units will be exactly the character as shown in these MVs. First such character will be Remilia, so there might be more on the way. A the very least, these Relic units can use pity points to get them, it just costs you 350 points (100 ore than a SFES unit) When I was wondering what will LW do just to squeeze some characters in after exhausting the canon characters pool and running out of ideas for OCs, they came up with something. Therefore, gaze upon this:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

rgzye4gtbc891.jpg?width=2068&format=pjpg

tu6lj4gtbc891.jpg?width=2057&format=pjpg

 

Alright, on a more positive note. We finally have confirmation that Akyuu and Kosuzu are the two units to get Fantasy Rebirth this month. I know where one Ring will go. I only wished Akyuu's outfit was not just some close to generic wedding dress if you ask me. These will first come for JP, but will soon be available in Global as well.

unknown.png

 

 

Miscellaneous community talk and memes

People are still drawing their own interpretation of the MC. This week, one version from the L1 world and one for the Hifuu storyline 

In terms of memes this week, the one that caught my attention is related to how well you could just swap the color palette between the L1 Reimu and Blue Reimu, and pretty much not be sure which one is which

dnvm3hhuva891.jpg

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou_lostword/comments/vmfpt1/multiverse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

 

News will return as soon as something relevant will happen in this game

 

Nice to see you Count! I appreciate it when you summarise all the news into posts like this and sorry for not interacting as much. At least there's a lot to talk about now!

Relic units:

I couldn't believe they were introducing units based on those MV's. I guess they're trying their best to get as much money as they can. I don't really have any interest in getting these versions and adding more doll types seems like a nightmare. The saddest part about this is that they will probably be given the same level of priority as the ufes. Then we'll have to wait even longer for characters who still aren't here yet. Glad Mystia is finally arriving though.

Gamepress tier list:

I've mentioned this before, but I don't focus on tier lists or stats at all. I love using most of the characters to be honest, even if they're considered to be the worst performing. It's a shame that some people will only focus on blue Reimu's stats and ignore everyone else, even though it's just another Reimu. I also don't like how it's mainly the ufes that are the highest.

Fantasy rebirth:

I love Akyuu and Kosuzu's outfit a lot, they look beautiful! Looking forward to how the others turn out like Doremy and the Prismrivers! It's great how close the global version is now to having these rebirths.

Those fan interpretations of the MC are nice to see too!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Isaac said:

Nice to see you Count! I appreciate it when you summarise all the news into posts like this and sorry for not interacting as much. At least there's a lot to talk about now!

You are welcome. I always like making this summery as it becomes easier to understand what is going on with this game, and can keep this as basically a log or diary of changes. But do not worry about not being very active. This week as a whole used to be very silent, so feel free to join whenever you consider it is best. 

 

16 hours ago, Isaac said:

I've mentioned this before, but I don't focus on tier lists or stats at all. I love using most of the characters to be honest, even if they're considered to be the worst performing. It's a shame that some people will only focus on blue Reimu's stats and ignore everyone else, even though it's just another Reimu. I also don't like how it's mainly the ufes that are the highest.

It is not really about ignoring the units as it is about how quickly they became irrelevant. There are some units that act atrociously poorly, compared to others that are extremely powerful all by themselves. What also makes some units not viable is a feeing that new stages and challenges are balanced around certain units? "Oh, you don't have that very specific SFES unit? shame, it ill be hard for you to win, let alone farm the EX stage for points" seems to be quite a bit like like some of these challenges work. I have seen this discussion takin place quite a bit on the subreddit whenever a new challenge or EX stage is introduced, and it gives you the feeling that if you want to beat this sort of late-game challenges, you need to keep up with the meta. I have already discussed about the Influx stage where you had to fight 3 Youmu alts, and how it was binding you since turn 1. That one seemed like a challenge Lunar Toyohime could solve. However, surprise. If you have her deployed in the first line at the beginning of the game, the binding that locked the very use of abilities made her useless, since one of her abilities involved removing the very bind that mad you problems. But yeah, this is the impression I am getting. 

 

16 hours ago, Isaac said:

Then we'll have to wait even longer for characters who still aren't here yet. Glad Mystia is finally arriving though.

Apparently, we are quite lagging behind with the general units, as the main push after the 0.5 anniversary was on pushing as many SFES units one after another, and now first introduce the Epic Fes and then Relic Fes tiers for units. Meanwhile, some of us are still waiting for Raiko, while others like you still wish for Parsee. At least JP seems to be releasing now new general and FES units as Touhou 18 content is making its way into the game. But I still think it was a big mistake to exhaust the entire cast so quickly, after 1 year having to rely on releasing alts just for keep pumping units (and money) in. 

 

16 hours ago, Isaac said:

I love Akyuu and Kosuzu's outfit a lot, they look beautiful! Looking forward to how the others turn out like Doremy and the Prismrivers! It's great how close the global version is now to having these rebirths

It is not that they are ugly. I actually think the dresses are rather cute, with some strong 18th-19th century European lady vibe. As said, I already know where one of my three Rings will go as soon as it happens, as all I would still need would be the 1000 mirrors for Akyuu. It was just that it looks a little too much on the nose like a wedding dress (still probably not as blatant as the dress worn by Mokou for example though), "wedding-bait" as some seem to call those costumes online. And we all know already how questionable and how much of a controversy is considered this whole Fantasy Rebirth thing, from your regular internet comment to the heavy criticism of TheOVJM about this whole game mechanic (just check again the LW part at the end to see to what he compares the whole idea implied by FR). But hey, Doremy and the Prismrivers would be interesting to see as well at some point. 

 

Edit: if we believe the GamePress tier list is crazy, the JP one (apparently more reliable than the official tier list), things are even more crazy. Blue Reimu is pretty much a tier of her own

unknown.png

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 4:29 AM, Isaac said:

Looking forward to how the others turn out like Doremy and the Prismrivers!

About that one... There's this from JP 

%E5%85%AC%E5%BC%8F%E7%94%9F%E6%94%BE%E9%

Also, at least on JP, Yukari and Kasen will be moved to the general pool apparently soon. There is a bit of interesting stuff going on with JP, and it was all mentioned on the LW website. I feel it is quite a shame about the new reordering of the character tier list. 

Spoiler

Tiering Definitions:

EX Tier Friends are the cream of the crop, and can practically do anything you'd ever need. Insane damage potential, incredible team support, defensive walls, and more can be found up here.

SS Tier is the tier of Friends that are also solid with just little to no flaws. Why are they not up in EX Tier? Simple, EX Tier Friends are usually just that good or have even wider coverage than this tier.

S+ Tier is practically the golden standard for most units. Their role in battles are clear and they fulfill them very well. Most of their kit is flexible for many challenging battles and synergizes well with many other Friends.

S Tier is a drop below S+ Tier, in which the Friends are mainly solid with little else to say. They fill an important role and are very serviceable, but do not do much more than that. This is likely where Friends who just have very solid damage will land, as any tier greater than that requires something more, such as team utility or breaking.

A+ Tier is where Friends begin to become slightly more average, but they still have very solid purposes in battles. Many standard great attackers and decent support Friends can be found here.

A Tier is good, but their kits really limit what they can cover outside of what they were made to do. Usually, Friends that become outdated thanks to better and newer Friends end up around here or A+ Tier.

B Tier is when the Friend in question really only has one niche that keeps them relevant. They definitely still have their uses, but outside of the few they have, they are weak in comparison to the rest of the list. Most higher Friends can do what they already cover in a better way. In addition, this is practically where, even if a Friend can do good damage, their "setup" time is too long to be as good as A Tier or above.

E Tier is the "Not Relevant" Tier. Very outdated Friends or those who have little to no use are placed here. Sure, they might have one niche use factor, but it is so small and easily overlooked that they sadly cannot be ranked higher than here.

However, please remember that, especially for low-tier Friends, they can still have their moments of practicality! Many Friends are rather easy to set up for high damage, even if B and E Tier Friends will likely need a lot more support to be ready. 

As seen, C and D have been removed, while E tier character are pretty much defined as useless. 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's a been a week since my latest news roundup, so here's everything new in the game + some discussions going on around it:

 

News and updates

There is not so much in terms of new things being added to the game, so this section will go rather quickly. First of all, we have the maintenance for this entire month apparently (clearly I can't read anymore, so I should just check the game and see what's new). Get ready for Misumaru, 'cause she is the latest addition to the game, marking the debut of the Unconnected Marketeers cast into Global players' roster. And she is not coming alone, as she is in the same banner with Takane. If you were looking to get the green kappa, now it is your time. Besides, it looks like Byakuren and Kanako are getting their Fantasy Rebirth, and Conflux Stage is back - this time, seemingly with Mysterious Sword Master and Witch of Scarlet Dreams instead of 3 Myon versions. 

 

Japan is getting their newest retro unit. This time, we are talking about Toyosatomimi no Miko's design from Ten Desires.

 

Miscellaneous community talk and memes

Someone's interesting question in regards to the chronology of events in the game. Now, with the Interlude story being released and taking place in L1 Gensokyo, we can be sure everything is after Unconnected Marketers. The whole feeling I got from this game is that we have spent at most a few days, less than a week in Gensokyo, with most of the time being sucked into one of those cubes and alternate worlds. Which explains why now, when going around, we are meeting characters for the first time in the normal world, but with which we already met in the multiverse or at the miscellaneous events. I wonder what the initial intention was, as the game was originally released in 2020, therefore 1 year before the incident from UM happened. It just happened for Global to be conveniently placed after the latest main Touhou game, as LW released globally in May. 

 

People discussing their daily routing when it comes to playing this game. Besides opening it, getting the rewards, complete errands, complete daily battles and missions, gamble pray and potentially farm, what else people do?

An interesting idea for something to be added to the UI - recommended character for completing a stage. More about that in the thread. If I were to ask for something, I would just look for a way to auto-remove all story chards from a character at one, as you currently need to remove them one by one, manually. If you have auto-assign, why not also have auto-remove?

On an unrelated note, I was recently talking about Touhou Cannonball. This discussion caught my attention when it comes to content that game was going to get before termination. 

xiut0k2tg9n51.png

 

And for ending the day, here is a meme (not my team)

unknown.png

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to share this PV of Arcadia Record, the new touhou gacha arriving for Japan.

I really like the artsyle and it's great that artists from the community are involved too. There are more characters available from the start, which is nice. I might give this a try since everyone looks beautiful, especially Parsee!

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, Isaac said:

I wanted to share this PV of Arcadia Record, the new touhou gacha arriving for Japan.

I really like the artsyle and it's great that artists from the community are involved too. There are more characters available from the start, which is also nice. I'm tempted to try this one since everyone looks beautiful, especially Parsee :)

Huh, this is the first time I hear about a new game. Is there any more detail about it and how it will work? From the trailer, info seemed to be lackluster, with just a presentation of some character art and a few backgrounds. 

 

Anyway, due to me being absent for most of the week, it is time to finally get into the latest news roundup:

 

News and updates

- Global will soon receive the EoSD retro version of Patchouli. Well, there comes another retro unit to compensate for not buffing the original character... At the same time, this banner is coming with a few interesting characters, as there is chance for one to also get EoSD Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya and Cirno. Patchouli comes at a drop chance of 0.5%, while everyone else comes at 0.2%.

- at the same time, JP is soon to get PCB Ran and EoSD Rumia

- the Relic Fes Remilia has been introduced on Global. We got the 5th tier unit at just a month after Epic

 

Miscellaneous community talk and memes

not so much this week

- someone decided to make their own take of the trailer for the newest event 

- also a bit of talk about the fatigue caused by all the new units and tiers of rarity added recently; for some, the fact Relic was made spark-able seems to be an attempt at fixing the fuckup that was Epic Fes; I can actually imagine we could have gotten the Relic as also being done the same way as Blue Reimu had it not been for the controversy sparked

 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sooo, here's some recent news on DanKagu...

(lmfao)
Honestly, I expected this, shame they never brought it over to the west tho (Why don't they do that immediately?)

  • Sad 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Marisa fan! jaooooooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Isaac said:

I wanted to share this PV of Arcadia Record, the new touhou gacha arriving for Japan.

I think I heard about before. A lot of people aren't happy about this because the company making it is apparently really scummy.

Not that I play any of these gatchas anyway, just sharing information.

A touhou card game gatcha might win me over though

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, buskerdog said:

I think I heard about before. A lot of people aren't happy about this because the company making it is apparently really scummy.

Not that I play any of these gatchas anyway, just sharing information.

So this was that upcoming fan game people have accused of stealing fan art? Or was it the supposed fourth, Touhou dungeon game? I am still a little confused on that matter. But yeah, now with the fall of a second game (RIP DanKagu), it might be a good moment to evaluate the state of Touhou mobile games. Do you know why DanKagu is getting terminated? Did it not grab enough money, was the game not popular enough, the authors grew bored of it, or was there something else? It was a bit weird that after quite a while in which I heard no news of this game, it all of a sudden cam me back today only to announce its termination. Some expected this for a while, but I preferred not to believe it until I get to actually see it with my own eyes.

Nobody knows how much will LostWord survive either, given the way that game has evolved in recent months and tried to rush as much content as they could, plus the...controversial decisions of adding two new, higher tiers of units together with special, hard to obtain currencies for them (and one of them even impossible to spark). Maye we should think again if these game creators really care for us, or all they want is just our money and when they will grab enough they will just abandon ship and move to the next project to milk dry. 

 

I mean seriously, what will happen when this game will fall too? Will that be the only moment I realize I wasted more than a year of my life with this little distraction? And for how long will we be able to enjoy it anyway? If we get something new to replace it, can we guarantee that game will not fall as well in a matter of time, leaving you with a void again? Some are happy DanKagu will be terminated, and that LW is the last stain before getting back to a clean community. I know it si a cool thing to hate on gacha (and quite justifiably so, given the predatory tactics of these games), but after a while hating on it becomes just as annoying as the product you hate in itself. I learnt this lesson the hard way with Star Wars as a whole, and nowadays I am mostly apathetic towards anything going on with that name anymore.

 

Edit: I have made a bit of research, and found out what was the whole problem with that game licensed by ZUN and which stole fanart. I do not know its name in English (and will not trust Google Translate with that), but here is some more info about the incident:

Also out of all people, I ended up quoting TheOVJM (interesting 1 hour video, but the more I get into who he is, the more I think he is a jerk; also since he is part of the GensoBoiz group, aka shitposters friends to Perldrop, I am not very sure how trustworthy he, or the group as a whole, can be) on the following regarding this event:

"A new Touhou *gacha* title with similar licensing as Lost Word got announced just now. Well turns out the studio behind the game has a history of plagiarism... and wouldn't you know it, the promotional art was, of course, stolen. What an absolute joke. Zun and his agents are (justifiably) going after Moriyashrine all the while they make deals with plagiarists. A certified hood classic and bruh moment." 

 

Meanwhile, let's just read a lot of negativity and bad takes (in the comments, of course)... 

 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's very sad that these game shut down so quickly, I really do wish they got a proper global release.
Yeah, Arcadia Record is made by a scummy company, as far as I've heard, but knowing my Touhou obsessed ass, I'll probably play it (Hell, I hate TLW yet I still play it bcuz, Touhou!!!)

Speaking of mobile games, remember that Cave game that got announced like last year? Well, it's supposed to release this year!

image.png.972cda1e0a254e0f2703e922c2365688.png

(In case you don't know who Cave is, it's a Japanese company which makes bullet hells, they're known for DoDonPachi)
I do not know if this game will be a gacha game, but still good to know.

Edited by sodaodaoda
  • Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Marisa fan! jaooooooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a shame Danmaku Kagura will be closing it's servers. The game seemed to be doing really well, but I guess it still didn't reach those expectations. I'm glad they were able to include so many amazing songs and artwork though. The roadmap for the last of the content is great too. I just really wanted to see a global version and the gameplay was more interesting to me compared to other touhou gachas. 

6 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Nobody knows how much will LostWord survive either, given the way that game has evolved in recent months and tried to rush as much content as they could, plus the...controversial decisions of adding two new, higher tiers of units together with special, hard to obtain currencies for them (and one of them even impossible to spark). Maye we should think again if these game creators really care for us, or all they want is just our money and when they will grab enough they will just abandon ship and move to the next project to milk dry. 

 

I mean seriously, what will happen when this game will fall too? Will that be the only moment I realize I wasted more than a year of my life with this little distraction? And for how long will we be able to enjoy it anyway? If we get something new to replace it, can we guarantee that game will not fall as well in a matter of time, leaving you with a void again? Some are happy DanKagu will be terminated, and that LW is the last stain before getting back to a clean community. I know it is a cool thing to hate on gacha (and quite justifiably so, given the predatory tactics of these games), but after a while hating on it becomes just as annoying as the product you hate in itself. I learnt this lesson the hard way with Star Wars as a whole, and nowadays I am mostly apathetic towards anything going on with that name anymore.

 

Edit: I have made a bit of research, and found out what was the whole problem with that game licensed by ZUN and which stole fanart. I do not know its name in English (and will not trust Google Translate with that), but here is some more info about the incident:

I feel like LostWord might be the only one to survive, since Good Smile Company is huge and they probably have enough support to keep the game around for years. I'm not a fan of the current state of LostWord either, since it feels like they're trying to make as much money now over anything else. I've mentioned this before, but I might be done as soon as I have the last of my favourites. Even if I don't like gacha games that much, I agree that the constant hate will bring the community down with negativity.

Thank for sharing that tweet and to you guys for letting me know about the team behind Arcadia Record. Even if I did check out that game, I don't want to keep supporting them if they continue to be involved with shady stuff.

5 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

Speaking of mobile games, remember that Cave game that got announced like last year? Well, it's supposed to release this year!

image.png.972cda1e0a254e0f2703e922c2365688.png

(In case you don't know who Cave is, it's a Japanese company which makes bullet hells, they're known for DoDonPachi)
I do not know if this game will be a gacha game, but still good to know.

I haven't heard about this news, so thanks for sharing too! It would be interesting if this was an actual bullet hell for mobile, but that sounds more painful. To be honest, I just don't want to see a future where touhou is only known for gacha. The best thing the community could do is keep sharing how amazing everything else is.

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

It's a shame Danmaku Kagura will be closing it's severs. The game seemed to be doing really well, but I guess it still didn't reach those expectations. I'm glad they were able to include so many amazing songs and artwork though. The roadmap for the last of the content is great too. I just really wanted to see a global version and the gameplay was more interesting to me compared to other touhou gachas. 

It is interesting, but also sad. The game had a playerbase (at 5 million downloads in just a year), but people were not incentivized enough to spend their money on stuff in-game. And with these games, if they do not make money, they get the axe. From what I could check, LW gained about 200K dollars last month. Last time I heard this number, it was back in October, when they were greatly dissatisfied and pushed for less f2p elements. 

 

4 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I've mentioned this before, but I might be done as soon as I have the last of my favourites. Even if I don't like gacha games that much, I agree that the constant hate will bring the community down with negativity.

I was thinking similarly. However, that means I will have to wait an eternity for Raiko and Chimata to be added to the pool (so both of us are really waiting for someone that was supposed to come long ago). Perhaps once I know I have them, I could take a break and evaluate my overall feeling with the game. New content seems to be balanced around new powercreep units anyway, so I wonder how useful our awaited favorites will be. Also on the issue of hate, Lost Word, just like Memories of Phantasm, is used as punching bag when it comes to fanon frustration and everything wrong with fan creations. Or at least that is what someone told me. 

 

8 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Thank for sharing that tweet and to you guys for letting me know about the team behind Arcadia Record. Even if I did check out that game, I don't want to keep supporting them if they continue to be involved with shady stuff.

Now I am confused again. Was it indeed Arcadia who did the shady stuff, or it was Cave? I need a bit of clarification on that. 

  • Like 2

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Now I am confused again. Was it indeed Arcadia who did the shady stuff, or it was Cave? I need a bit of clarification on that. 

It's Arcadia that's bad, Cave, as far as I know IS good (like I said, they made some pretty damn good bullet hells!).

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

I haven't heard about this news, so thanks for sharing too! It would be interesting if this was an actual bullet hell for mobile, but that sounds more painful. To be honest, I just don't want to see a future where touhou is only known for gacha. The best thing the community could do is keep sharing how amazing everything else is.

I do think it's going to be a bullet hell.
https://kotaku.com/shootem-up-developer-cave-announces-a-totally-new-shoot-1847279777
Here's a Kotaku link from last year.
Also, there are like 5 Touhou shumps on the Play store, and they're pretty damn nice! 2 of them, in fact, were my first exposure to Touhou's gameplay.
If you want to check them out, here's a list (you can just search for Touhou to find them.):
- The first one that I ever played was one app that had a (9) as an icon, I think it's called Baka STG or something like that. It has 7 bosses, 3 difficulties, but only 1 playable chara.

image.png.5de59fb5a5a63fc2018592fe33a7c08b.png

- The second one is by the same dev as the first one, and it has the word 弾幕 (danmaku) with some other kanji as the icon (the background color is black), here, you have 5 bosses, 3 difficulties and 2 playable characters.

image.png.661e4858506e7db3fdb3f995fd340d2e.png

- This one has Satori for the icon, and it's like a genuine Touhou game, it's not a boss rush like other games here. It has 3 characters (iirc?), and and extra stage even! (It also has Cirno flipping the bird huehuehaushduahsauifh)

image.png.c8cd2a15be13b3f940db8135e7b92f8f.png

- Touhou Thousand Night Anamnesis, this one got released 2 years ago, so it's one of the more recent ones. It's a boss rush shmup featuring bosses from EoSD to HSiFS (PoFV is skipped tho, sorry Count...), and it has more than 5 characters, each with their own abilities and bombs! So it's definitely the best one so far. It also has an extra stage and a Phantasm stage.

image.png.a014a0f7e01b653adfaea8fb0f34daf1.png

- This one is the most recent one I could find, Touhou Madouroku. It's like a fangame called Spell Card Collection, you choose a spell card and fight the boss.

image.png.fe91a0934adf8c129f9eb6a6b2165d20.png
 

I know I went a bit off topic with this, but you should check these games out if you want a good Touhou experience on your phone!

  • Like 1
  • Up 1

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Marisa fan! jaooooooooo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah Cave is a pretty esteemed developer of bullet hells. I heard about them working on a Touhou mobile bullet hell back when it was first announced but forgot about it so thanks for the reminder. Hopefully the game comes out on time and is a well received experience, although I doubt I'm going to play myself as I'm not someone who plays mobile games.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welp, i guess Lost Word still active, despire Dankagu that will be shut down 4 months later. I've told you before this game is FGO but Touhou. It hated by own community, but still active because it's not only sell the game, LW sell every aspect of touhou and non touhou, Fumo, internet AD, Action Figure, and many more. LW keep the player play the game by making some weekly dan monthly community event, did i told you One of their discord admin also Terraria Calamity Community Discord Mod?

LW not only rely their revenue on gacha, thats why it's still active

Edited by Agus Mandala
too short for some comment
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2022 at 4:07 AM, Agus Mandala said:

Yeah i dont expect much on that KLab game, probaly will be canceled project

If we talk about the game that is not the Cave project, that thing is about to release in like a month from now. At least if the info I know is correct. 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it would work well in a like of card game, which could be gacha, but touhou directly to gacha wouldn't work, the card game could work better though, it just feels more suited to touhou, though it's probably  not very original 

Edited by ScarletPyro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Time for the news roundup. I have missed quite a bit last week, so I will have to catch up with the news and post them here. In terms of what has happened and what will happen in the following weeks, I really do not know if I should be angry or just disappointed... For a full breakdown of the upcoming things for JP, I recommend checking this out. Most of the stuff will also come to Global in no more than a month after the JP release, i can bet that https://gamepress.gg/lostword/other/jp-july-26th-dev-stream-recap 

 

News and updates

Most recent maintenance gave us a few things:
- 5 prayers every day until the 1st of August, I think (5 x 8 days) - I do remember when these free daily prayers campaigns used to give you 10 free prayers, not just 5
- SA Koishi retro unit added
- x2 reward errands (this one is actually neat) for a few days
- Forever Prayer Part 2
- the EoSD Patchouli banner (ironically, I got A6 Reimu, Sakuya and Cirno out of it, and wonder if I should push a bit more for Marisa too)
- we finally got, after a 4 days break, the last stages of the current Princess Joon the Chivalrous Phantom Thief event (I guess they ended up lagging behind with the translations, just like with everything that is not a SFes/EFes/RFes unit, because there they will just speedrun it to the speed of light into Global)
- RFes Remilia festival ongoing 


JP is getting a new unit. This time, it is Megumu. At least it is something new, and not just an alt...


Update from the post: MoF Suwako has been released together with Sanae and Kanako (wait, didn't I mention these last time?)


Now into actually new content. This is what we are going to get following the maintenance on August 1st. I am not sure if some of these are for the whole month or will all come at the same time, but here they are:
- SFES Meiling from the Hifuu universe
-  Kourindou Roulette is back
- Akyuu and Kosuzu are receiving their Fantasy Rebirth outfits (finally)
- little Yuyuko is getting a banner rerun 
- 72H Starter Festival Part 1 and 2
- +3 daily quests and the x3 drop rates for main story and Hifuu continue
- finally getting the Extra stages for the Joon event

 
For JP, the next units to get Fantasy Rebirth are the Watatsuki sisters (and apparently, I have heard an announcement for Satori as well)

 

Now to get into the bullshittery though. If this is true, it seems like JP will get more EFes units (and knowing the pace, one month later getting into Global). And these are not any special kinds of units. They are beach episode alts. These could very much be costumes (and really wished it was as such), but the post puts it as they are individual units, or should have been costumes. I was a little bit concerned and pretty much though the beach episode will come eventually, but now here it is, confirmed by a few screenshots. I do not hate the idea of summer outfits, but I am disappointed it will be as Epic units if the whole thing is true, therefore units you cannot spark/use pity for. Otherwise, looks like Touhou LW wants to pull a Fate Grand Order.

Spoiler

z7rutuiq5wd91.jpg?width=2028&format=pjpg

bm29nuiq5wd91.jpg?width=2072&format=pjpg

14fxauiq5wd91.jpg?width=2021&format=pjpg

f5zbmuiq5wd91.jpg?width=2066&format=pjpg

nm9k32kq5wd91.jpg?width=2091&format=pjpg

Rinnosuke was/is not even a playable character in general as far as I know. Summer Yukari at least is confirmed to be a unit, and not just a skin

 

Apparent (unofficial) translation for the info on Summer Yukari. She will be a Heal unit:

Quote

Strat gang on the spot translations are slating her as potential Oto powercreep.

She can give your team healing + barrier.
Passive had freeze that give her attack boost? + Poison and blind heal her instead affect her.

Gives your team yang atk + crit atk up


The teaser for what is going to come 

And the actual discussion on it 

 

It is funny, because this announcement came just a few days after DanKagu also decided to release their own summer stuff, even if just in terms of cards (not gonna like, both Kasen and Tenshi look cute here)

 

Along with these announced EFes units, JP is also getting their next Relic Fes unit. This time it is Alice Margatroid, as depicted in Sporadically Margaret:



Community discussions and memes

Not so much in terms of discussions this week, so here are two memes that caught my attention:

oh51tifhcrd91.jpg

42o2ysk3fmc91.png

 

Someone has pointed out the current problem of the unit pool and what gets to Global quite well. Allow me to quote:

Quote

I was talking about it yesterday with a friend of mine. We currently are missing 5 Fes units, 1 ultra fes and 13 gen pool units, not including the two new units JP is getting now. Despite the fact that the balance there is so far off, recent fes banners haven't been dropping with gen units, like Patchy, Suwako and Koishi, so we're gonna get to the point where we have 0 Fes units and 0 Ultra fes units, with like 10+ gen pool units, and I wonder if at that point they'll FINALLY start to release gen pool only banners or if they'll just hyper rush anything new from JP in a matter of days

(from a different reply) Global still doesn't have L1 Sumireko yet (as of the time of this comment) despite Chapter 3.5 featuring her...

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

One more thing to add, the Arcadia Record game is coming out tomorrow apparently 

Indeed, I have found the game on Google Play as an international release. However, it has not been translated to English, so I guess anyone who wants to play it will have to bear with the original language for a time (unless thus game will get EoS-ed until then - nobody really expects Arcadia Record to survive very long) 

Oh, and this dropped about 40 minutes ago. Why does the art style of the animation look so familiar to me? I feel like I've seen it somewhere else

 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The IceFaiy tweet seems to be a goldmine in terms of information about what is going on with the game. But since it is 3:30 AM, please someone remind me to transcript everything here in the morning/later today. 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CountVonNumenor changed the title to Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - soon to be closed, Arcadia Record)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.