Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - closed/going to be revived, Arcadia Record)

CountVonNumenor

9 hours ago, smortkoishi said:

Quite irony is the rebirth akyuu thing because in the fb THLW global community, there is one maniac who say that he is married to his akyuu and threatened everyone if they just joke about his waifu. 

Holy shit that's quite an extreme,  isn't it? Well,  I guess such people exist as well.  

9 hours ago, smortkoishi said:

For the JP is worse than GLB gacha is idk, JP have like release ufes, Efes with general friend in between so if you want to get all ufes or maybe Mvfes is possible if you skip all general or festival friend. But global is, well, release ufes after efes after mvfes is not giving enough time to save resources so skip is a must if you want to get your fav character ( some defense are like 130 pulls or everyone win campaign is just a way to "comprehensive" the lost time that we can not get the cubes ). Now it just well be like Eos early and well leave with the money from banner 

Honestly. I still don't know why Global was so desperate to rush its content and try to get up to date with JP (besides money of course). It's not like the original server was 1 year ahead in terms of content or something.  Everyone says that the bad for GLB started in November,  when EoSD Reimu came out followed by 6 back-to-back UFES characters (the Lunar War versions of the protagonists). And from there on,  the almost desperate need of Global in trying to stay up to date with the latest recolored powercreep unit JP released just days before.  Before,  the biggest controversy people saw was when Suika (the first character that ever got the S+ tier)  and Scarlet Marisa came back to back,  or when the Mysterious Sword Master banner was received a a scam due to what units came quickly afterwards.  Which brings me back to the old tier list from June year I presented in previous thread page. 

Anyway,  in this rush,  we skipped a lot (at least 10) general pool units,  and a few regular FES ones.  I will come back a bit later once I find a bit more info.  I've read some interesting stuff yesterday,  and I want to see if I can find it again and place here. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Honestly. I still don't know why Global was so desperate to rush its content and try to get up to date with JP (besides money of course). It's not like the original server was 1 year ahead in terms of content or something.  Everyone says that the bad for GLB started in November,  when EoSD Reimu came out followed by 6 back-to-back UFES characters (the Lunar War versions of the protagonists). And from there on,  the almost desperate need of Global in trying to stay up to date with the latest recolored powercreep unit JP released just days before.  Before,  the biggest controversy people saw was when Suika (the first character that ever got the S+ tier)  and Scarlet Marisa came back to back,  or when the Mysterious Sword Master banner was received a a scam due to what units came quickly afterwards.  Which brings me back to the old tier list from June year I presented in previous thread page. 

you know the old tier list still have some stand for the best L1 friend with medicine, tewi, reimu,.... but now looking at jp newest tierlist and you barely see any L1 make it to the middle because they just get overpowered by their reskin edition, what a shame.

14 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Holy shit that's quite an extreme,  isn't it? Well,  I guess such people exist as well.  

He have quite a history of Alice being his first waifu, and then yuuka and now is Akyuu. But his behaviours is still same after all of that, good thing that admin kick him now before he start spamming sauce into everyone

Alright, with everything in mind and some small updated, time to bring again the news roundup.

News and updates

LostWord JP has announced their next UFES unit. This time, it will be Hifuu version Patchouli. Just like the simulation, expect her to arrive on Global in a matter of weeks at most. 

"That just leaves Butler Koakuma for the E universe. Hopefully most of the Chapter 4 characters are SFes and not EFes. I’m definitely sure Moon Seiran and Ringo are SFes. Mage Patchouli is most likely an Attack type unit." (u/WWWWWWRRRRRYYYYY, usual announcer on r/touhou_lostword whenever something new is announced)

Meanwhile, LW Global received the Ten Desires/Touhou 13 retro version of Toyosatomimi no Miko. We also got Interlude Finale (which I still have not played yet), and are expected to get the first act of Chapter 4 the coming week. 

Community discussions and memes

This time, I also made a contribution to the discussions of the community, in the form of a thread. Given the weird patter Global has moved on in terms of releases and event schedule, I wanted to see how much we are behind JP and what we have skipped in order to rush a number of characters at the price of translating story and card. 

If we are looking at the following schedule, things are interesting. If "(Anniversary)" does indeed refer to 1 Year Anniversary, then it means we might be getting some of these events like Horismriver's March or Summer Horrors soon. However, people are concerned after this point, a lot of the listed events are becoming either a follow-up to what we got in the first year, or are basically rehashes (like how they were talking about the Okuu and Orin maid outfits being like the third maid at the SDM event we got). We are also in the weird situation of having released costumes on Global that do not have yet the character for them, stories without character banners (still looking at you, Interlude, and no Sumireko despite her being the oldest General unit we did not get yet) or just outfits shoved in without their specific event coming out yet. But more on that a bit later.

Screenshot_2022-08-03-10-14-06-62_5a415f

Somebody proposed a PvE mode for LostWord. I am not sure about how viable it sounds, but there have been some opinions on how would you make that work. After all, this is a single player game, but which for some reason still needs internet connection to work. 

Everybody is confused about the age of MC, especially now after Interlude. To be fair, the game made it slightly more complicated because in Hifuu you have MC being someone giving all the signs of being in college, while in the main story, she is of very ambiguous age. In the main story, everyone treats her like a child, and then there is also the enigmatic figure which appeared in Alice's Fantasy Rebirth portrait (theorized by some to be the main character). Discussion ensued:

The discussion about LostWord made its way from the general gacha subreddit to r/touhou_lostword. More interesting comments from this side as well.

@Isaac you might find this one interesting. It is a discussion about Parsee and people waiting for her to get to Global. For me, it is interesting because people raised some good points in regards to the absence of a large amount of General units as well:

The first one:

Parsee: Revealed in Chapter 3, returns in Chapter 3.5. Isn't released
Tojiko: Revealed in Chapter 3, returns in Chapter 3.5, is LITERALLY PLAYABLE in 3.5. Isn't released
Sumireko, the oldest unit that Global doesn't have yet: The tag along character for the ENTIRETY of Chapter 3.5, playable, has her own costume to boot. Isn't released.
Beach hag: 3.5 part 2 wasn't even out yet for a character that's relevant in chapter 4, but they decided to rush her a week after release on JP because M O N E Y

Some units do have precedent for coming out soon though, new event next week is most likely 1 of 2 old events that introduced Tojiko and Raiko, so whichever of those events gets picked will probably come with the gen unit in question, the same goes for Kagerou and Wakasagihime, though I don't know if any of the other missing gen units are in events as well. My friends most anticipated unit is also Parsee, and I'm summoning for her as well so we share the pain.

And there is one more interesting comment, from the same u/WWWWWWRRRRRYYYYY

Spoiler

To add on to your final point a bit, the events with characters not in GL with costumes are:

• Raiko (who debuted in Chapter 3 Part 2, was in Part 3 as well, and in the Kokoro event with her event costume [which was skipped], and each time she was fightable. Not playable in GL) (June 2021)
  • Tojiko (July 2021)
  • Wakasagihime (Released June 2021, costume in October 2021)
  • Kagerou (Released June 2021, costume in October 2021)
  • Parsee (Released October 2021, costume in February 2022)
  • Sumireko (Released May 2021, costume in April 2022 [not an event costume, but still awful situation considering it’s in GL])
  • Kisume (Released October 2021, costume in August 2022)
  • Kyouko (Released March 2022, costume in August 2022)

The characters without costumes are Urumi (December 2021), Wriggle (February 2022), Eternity Larva (February 2022), Narumi (April 2022), Eika (April 2022), and Megumu (July 2022, Fes unit so she’ll come earlier than some of these other characters). If you’re a fan of these characters, pray that they come soon.

Yeah, there is still quite a bit we are waiting for, not gonna lie...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

On 8/14/2022 at 12:59 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

If we are looking at the following schedule, things are interesting. If "(Anniversary)" does indeed refer to 1 Year Anniversary, then it means we might be getting some of these events like Horismriver's March or Summer Horrors soon. However, people are concerned after this point, a lot of the listed events are becoming either a follow-up to what we got in the first year, or are basically rehashes (like how they were talking about the Okuu and Orin maid outfits being like the third maid at the SDM event we got). We are also in the weird situation of having released costumes on Global that do not have yet the character for them, stories without character banners (still looking at you, Interlude, and no Sumireko despite her being the oldest General unit we did not get yet) or just outfits shoved in without their specific event coming out yet. But more on that a bit later.

Screenshot_2022-08-03-10-14-06-62_5a415f

Everybody is confused about the age of MC, especially now after Interlude. To be fair, the game made it slightly more complicated because in Hifuu you have MC being someone giving all the signs of being in college, while in the main story, she is of very ambiguous age. In the main story, everyone treats her like a child, and then there is also the enigmatic figure which appeared in Alice's Fantasy Rebirth portrait (theorized by some to be the main character). Discussion ensued:

@Isaac you might find this one interesting. It is a discussion about Parsee and people waiting for her to get to Global. For me, it is interesting because people raised some good points in regards to the absence of a large amount of General units as well:

The first one:

And there is one more interesting comment, from the same u/WWWWWWRRRRRYYYYY

Reveal hidden contents

To add on to your final point a bit, the events with characters not in GL with costumes are:

• Raiko (who debuted in Chapter 3 Part 2, was in Part 3 as well, and in the Kokoro event with her event costume [which was skipped], and each time she was fightable. Not playable in GL) (June 2021)
  • Tojiko (July 2021)
  • Wakasagihime (Released June 2021, costume in October 2021)
  • Kagerou (Released June 2021, costume in October 2021)
  • Parsee (Released October 2021, costume in February 2022)
  • Sumireko (Released May 2021, costume in April 2022 [not an event costume, but still awful situation considering it’s in GL])
  • Kisume (Released October 2021, costume in August 2022)
  • Kyouko (Released March 2022, costume in August 2022)

The characters without costumes are Urumi (December 2021), Wriggle (February 2022), Eternity Larva (February 2022), Narumi (April 2022), Eika (April 2022), and Megumu (July 2022, Fes unit so she’ll come earlier than some of these other characters). If you’re a fan of these characters, pray that they come soon.

I've caught up with the Interlude chapter now and it's a shame those characters still haven't arrived yet, despite making a few appearances already. Sumireko was the main focus and she even had a new costume, so there's no reason for her to be missed out. This applies for the others too since we can see them in battles. I'll admit that I was very happy to see Parsee again and I really like how she's been depicted in the story so far. I might have replayed her cutscenes a few times :)

I'm also confused with how they treated the MC. It seems like she's way younger than we expected, instead of being around the same age as Reimu and Marisa. Seeing Nemuno and Sannyo give her headpats was very cute though.

Since the global version likes including new characters with events, I'll probably have to wait even more before I'm finally with Parsee. Maybe we'll see her if Hina's Cheering Saga gets another rerun. At least there's a few we can expect to have soon. If Gensokyo of the dead or Prismriver march is next, then I can't wait to see Tojiko and Raiko with their costumes.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Since the global version likes including new characters with events, I'll probably have to wait even more before I'm finally with Parsee. Maybe we'll see her if Hina's Cheering Saga gets another rerun. At least there's a few we can expect to have soon. If Gensokyo of the dead or Prismriver march is next, then I can't wait to see Tojiko and Raiko with their costumes.

I think we recently got a rerun on the Hina Cheering Saga event. As for what is to come next, we can only wait to see what follows the Easter event rerun (points collection available until the 19th and event shop available until the 26th). From what I noticed, the game patter seems to be new event / rerun / new event and so on.  

As for the news roundup, a bit of a follow-up:

News and updates

Scarlet Devil Tower JP just presented their new batch of characters. This time, we are completing the Unconnected Marketeers cast by adding Tenkyuu, Momoyo and Tsukasa. Is is just me, or Tenkyuu's face looks slightly weird in this angle? Now, with the exception of Mizuchi, Yuuma and Miyoi, LostWord has added the entire Touhou cast starting with EoSD.

Spoiler

uocwa8vaxuh91.jpg?width=896&format=pjpg&

y4nxp8vaxuh91.jpg?width=949&format=pjpg&

Source: 

Besides that, LW developers do not seem to be tired of adding even more new EoSD alts. Seriously, haven't we got enough Remilia and Flandre recently? I don't even know if their EoSD retros have been released yet, despite featuring in the Tower.

Spoiler

ib89hmb3xuh91.jpg

Community discussion and memes

Since many people complained about Remu EX, tutorials started to pop up in regards to how to beat that stage and what team comps to come up with. Usually, these stages require you either units you may not have yet. Or if you have the units, you may not have played enough to give them the MLB cards needed ("what, you do not have 24 MLB copies of Witch of Scarlet Dreams/Puppeteer and Necromancer/Mysterious Sword Master/etc? Shame")

Let's not forget that, at least according to some, this entire EX stage was made specifically for being trivialized if you had C3 Yukari. A lot of these EX stages feel like they were made specifically for one character or another, and that you will struggle if using anything else. Nice strategy to sell a product. Sell a powercreep unit, then balance the upcoming content based on that unit(s). Main story is (still) trivial if you have that strong units, the real challenge of LW becoming these endgame content style challenges. 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

spacer.png

ALICE!! ALICEALCIELACELICELIADFKJHDFJAHFHA AAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I love how chapter 4 is gonna land at her banner date, I'll have more cubes for her!!!!!!
I'M SO EXCITED FOR HER!! I NEED TO GET HER!!! AWAAAAA

Also, as soon as I saw Parsee, I immediately thought of Isaac xd
image.png.ba1d7a5234a43f28e84470e5a82c048f.png(<- Live Discord reaction for Alice banner)

• Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

5 hours ago, Isaac said:

We're getting Hina's Cheering Saga part 2 as well! Wasn't expecting this already, but it's the event I wanted to see the most. Can't wait to have Parsee's new costume! 

Indeed, so it seems like Anti-Misfortune Grand Prix is going to be the following event. On that note, time to being another news roundup covering the recent situation. in case anyone is interested, here is further reading on the update:

News and updates

With the maintenance of August 19th, quite a few things are gonna get brought in:

y1hyc0iny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

p4innzhny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

Like sodaodaoda said, MV Alice is indeed coming. Together with the banner, there will also be a special stage for her, on the model of MV Remilia's.

qf6vu0iny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

Anti-Misfortune Grand Prix is going to be the following event. It seems we skipped 6 events. On one hand, Raiko got shafted again, but on the other, Parsee is in. Apparently, we have also skipped a Tokijo-related event. Hopefully the hype with Parsee is a wake up call that we want more L1 units (which seems to be the thing, as at the time of writing this comment, the Parsee release thread has 20 replies, while MV Alice's only reached 3). Anyway, more general pool units please.

It looks like Parsee will be part of a greater banner, at least according to this image. Overall, information about the role and abilities of Parsee (curtesy to the LW subreddit):

Spoiler

Parsee is probably the strongest General Pool unit currently available. She is better than a lot of older FES units, but can't compete against anything we've gotten recently. Strong, good to have, but probably not worth pulling for specifically. For comparison, she came out in JP about the same time as they got A6 Reimu, and she is not anywhere near that power level.

SHe gives out party Yin atk on boost, and can debuff enemies to give them crit def down, and can lower evasion on a spell card. Other than those things, she is a selfish Yin attacker. Sun element primarily, with some metal on one card and Water on her Last Word. Her Single Target card restores SP, meaning she's less reliant on WoSD And similar power cards.

All Slash last word, so if you want to farm a MSM for her, you can.

in short: she has all the important damaging buffs. Siirit power up, yin/crit atk up, enemy crit def down, and some decent killers. The only thing she lacks is enemy yin defense down. For a Gen Unit, that's great, and she'll be a good addition for anyone who picks her up.

If you're new to the game, spending your Ema to get her is a good idea (assuming she gets added to that pool). I don't think her banner is worth pulling on, but saving up friend rituals for when she gets added to that pool might be worthwhile. She's definitely the best pity-prize you can get when pulling from now on.

4q0tlzhny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

Yeah, I guess this is also coming. I still have not finished Interlude, so it's not fully relevant. Just please someone update me on the avalanche of alts that seemed to be coming with this (if they are indeed there)...

pgiub0iny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&

So...this will be a 1 time 10 prayers? Well, free prayers are still free, so... yay?

10wndsgny3i91.jpg?width=984&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4d6ea3201941652bb96b57380dfcc762932d446e

Just as the current x3 rewards campaign is about to end, another one will begin. And I am still not seeing the better drop rate for story cards I might need like WoSD and Puppeteer and Necromancer.

• Like 2

spacer.png

12 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Anti-Misfortune Grand Prix is going to be the following event. It seems we skipped 6 events. On one hand, Raiko got shafted again, but on the other, Parsee is in. Apparently, we have also skipped a Tokijo-related event. Hopefully the hype with Parsee is a wake up call that we want more L1 units (which seems to be the thing, as at the time of writing this comment, the Parsee release thread has 20 replies, while MV Alice's only reached 3). Anyway, more general pool units please.

It looks like Parsee will be part of a greater banner, at least according to this image. Overall, information about the role and abilities of Parsee (curtesy to the LW subreddit):

Reveal hidden contents

Parsee is probably the strongest General Pool unit currently available. She is better than a lot of older FES units, but can't compete against anything we've gotten recently. Strong, good to have, but probably not worth pulling for specifically. For comparison, she came out in JP about the same time as they got A6 Reimu, and she is not anywhere near that power level.

SHe gives out party Yin atk on boost, and can debuff enemies to give them crit def down, and can lower evasion on a spell card. Other than those things, she is a selfish Yin attacker. Sun element primarily, with some metal on one card and Water on her Last Word. Her Single Target card restores SP, meaning she's less reliant on WoSD And similar power cards.

All Slash last word, so if you want to farm a MSM for her, you can.

in short: she has all the important damaging buffs. Siirit power up, yin/crit atk up, enemy crit def down, and some decent killers. The only thing she lacks is enemy yin defense down. For a Gen Unit, that's great, and she'll be a good addition for anyone who picks her up.

If you're new to the game, spending your Ema to get her is a good idea (assuming she gets added to that pool). I don't think her banner is worth pulling on, but saving up friend rituals for when she gets added to that pool might be worthwhile. She's definitely the best pity-prize you can get when pulling from now on.

I'm very happy to have Parsee arrive with her event now. It's satisfying to see my favourite after waiting every day for her to be playable. However, I'm not done until I see Tojiko, Raiko and the others here with their events too. Even if Parsee had the lowest stats in the game, I would still have her on my team all the time :)

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 2

after the 0.5 anniversary they decided to no longer give us free crystal after a new stage, and I have not see everyone talking about it until now when in discord, the THLW mods always going white knight if s.o talk dirty on NN ,but now after they " put it in " the game people are surprised? Like, they just put a feature they deleted after those rushing banner and call it new? 

Eosd Reimu but the d is silenced 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smortkoishi said:

after the 0.5 anniversary they decided to no longer give us free crystal after a new stage, and I have not see everyone talking about it until now when in discord, the THLW mods always going white knight if s.o talk dirty on NN ,but now after they " put it in " the game people are surprised? Like, they just put a feature they deleted after those rushing banner and call it new? 

Eosd Reimu but the d is silenced 

Huh? I get SCs when I clear a stage tho? Is this JP?

2 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

Huh? I get SCs when I clear a stage tho? Is this JP?

first clear, yes but they have been nerfing it to only 1 sc and no more do repeat stage to get free SCs so they don't let us do 10 pulls right away but somehow they just decide to brink it back again

• Like 2

Before Chapter 4 drops in a few hours, I will leave here a theory someone came up with about what this whole might be about (unless anyone playing JP and might already know what it is about):

Spoiler

I've been thinking a bit about what Chapter 4 will be about (other than being a beach episode) and reading Beach Yukari's lore gave me some ideas.

First, going by the patterns of the previous chapters, Chapter 4 should logically be Imperishable Night themed. However, this doesn't seem immediately obvious. If anything it seems like the world is permanent sun all the time, the opposite of an imperishable night. And none of the characters we've seen so far (Yukari, Reimu, Marisa, Hecatia and Rinnosuke) were introduced in that game. (Although the first three were playable) But I still think it is ultimately gonna center around the Eientei gang.

For starters the title of the chapter is "Eternal Battlefront". The word "Eternal" in Touhou almost always concerns Kaguya and the Eientei gang. It's like "Scarlet" for Remilia and the SDM crew. Second, Eientei are clearly up to some shit in the main story. At the end of Chapter 3 they don't show up for the Gathering of Girlbosses™ and instead say they're ready to fight anyone who gets in their way. And in the Interlude they're having secret meetings with the Watatsuki sisters and Reisen is spying on the main characters.

Chapters 2 and 3 had the L1 versions of the characters who show up in the alternate worlds be in the beginning. In Chapter 2 Marisa is there at the start and talks with Patchouli about giving up her humanity and becoming a Youkai Magician, which is what we later find out WoSD Marisa has done. In Chapter 3 Youmu shows up at the beginning and is insecure about her sword skills, foreshadowing MSM Youmu who is the swordiest sword master of them all. If Eientei are becoming more relevant in the story, it seems likely that it will be foreshadowing to alts of them being relevant in the alternate world.

And I think Beach Yukari's lore gives some pretty good hints at what's exactly going on in the C3 universe. The main things it tells us about this world is that it's filled with water and is essentially a paradise that is so chill and relaxing that no one really cares about doing anything other than chilling and relaxing.

A paradise filled with water sounds suspiciously like another place in Touhou: The Moon. In Touhou the Moon has a bunch of seas and unless you're a moon rabbit all you do is live a carefree immortal life free of hardship. We know that the world Beach Yukari is from isn't literally the Moon, because she mentions in her dialogue being able to go there, meaning that's not where she usually is.

Another important clue is that the description for C3 Yukari's ability mentions that whatever event caused the world to diverge from the main one probably happened before Yukari existed since she doesn't know about it, and Yukari is at least 1000 years old. The description mentions that this divergence might have occurred millions of years ago, and that it might have been caused not by something occurring, but instead something not occurring. One of the oldest things we know to have happened in the Touhou timeline was Lord Tsukuyomi and Eirin yeeting themselves to the Moon and establishing the Lunar Capital.

My theory is that in the C3 Universe this didn't happen, and Eirin established her watery paradise on the Earth instead. The Lost Word(s) for this world might be "Tsukuyomi", since he was the one who came up with the Moon plan, or it might be "impurity", since that's what the Lunarians fled to the Moon to avoid. (And if Earth didn't have any impurity there would be nothing stopping it from being a paradise).

Another thing not directly related to the rest of the theory is that the description for C3 Yukari's Last Word mentions that the historical events of our world also happened in her world in almost the exact same way... despite the world being flooded with water for thousands of years. That seems extremely suspicious, but if Chapter 4 is Imperishable Night themed, perhaps there is an alt Keine running around making sure history unfolds as usual despite the water.

This theory is probably gonna get immediately disproven tomorrow but I wanted to get it out ahead of time incase I'm right so that I can look super smart

The text comes from this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou_lostword/comments/wrwgdt/chapter_4_theory/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• Like 2

spacer.png

I rolled like 200 times on the Alice banner so far, my seal crystals went under the 1000 mark, nothing. No signs of her at all.
I got baited several times by the loading screen.

Edit: I wasted 600GC now, I got Tewi, Komachi and Mystia.

I hate my life.

Edited by sodaodaoda
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sodaodaoda said:

I rolled like 200 times on the Alice banner so far, my seal crystals went under the 1000 mark, nothing. No signs of her at all.
I got baited several times by the loading screen.

Edit: I wasted 600GC now, I got Tewi, Komachi and Mystia.

I hate my life.

Hopefully you'll be able to have her eventually Soda!

As for me, I'm really glad to be with Parsee now. I was lucky enough to have her adorable costume too!

Edited by Isaac
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Hopefully you'll be able to have her eventually Soda!

As for me, I'm really to glad to be with Parsee now. I was lucky enough to have her adorable costume too!

Thank you Isaac, I hope so too, her banner lasts till September iirc, so I do have time for her.
And I'm glad you got Parsee! Even her costume! :D

Also another edit: I just noticed, it turns out the "Connecting..." screen isn't so reliable anymore. Apparently the devs changed it so it shows up for every unit, regardless of if you have it already or no.

Bullshit.

Edited by sodaodaoda
  • Like 2

Honestly, now I really wanna go in a corner and cry again. Why? I have watched again images from Cannonball and DanKagu. Just look at these beautiful animations, which, even if they are just Live2D models, they are so much more cute and lively than the PowerPoint presentation that is LostWord

Picked two Yuyuko examples just because I got them by chance one next to the other (and because she is adorable in both). Top one is from Cannonball, bottom from DanKagu (I did not know that game had a story mode)

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 3

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Honestly, now I really wanna go in a corner and cry again. Why? I have watched again images from Cannonball and DanKagu. Just look at these beautiful animations, which, even if they are just Live2D models, they are so much more cute and lively than the PowerPoint presentation that is LostWord

Picked two Yuyuko examples just because I got them by chance one next to the other (and because she is adorable in both). Top one is from Cannonball, bottom from DanKagu (I did not know that game had a story mode)

yeah cannonball is really a good game but with poor marketing and low income to pay for the live2d and VA so yeah dead is inevitable :(, And now Touhou DK is following the same route as well it is a shame. 
Also that maniac who like akuuu alot is back now and he going even more wild than before

• Like 1

Alright, it is time again for the news roundup:

News and updates 

We have an entire chart when it comes to new content. All of it will be available starting with the 26th of August following maintenance

From what we can see, PCB Ran is making her debut on Global, in a banner composed of her and PCB Yukari. Other things coming are the UFES banner, Fantasy Rebirth for the Watatsuki sisters and Event part 2 (aka we are getting the rest of the stages - did they rush the event again and did not manage to translate the second half that we got almost an entire week of break from new stages?). Everything mentioned will be detailed below soon enough.

There is an interesting step-up banner for B3 universe characters that will happen. Apparently, with 2700 God Cubes, you are guaranteed to get at least one of those characters presented. Personally, I will just keep my cubes as I already have Toyohime, and am not very interested in any of the other ones (despite loli Junko being stupidly powerful)

PCB Ran is also making her debut on Global this week. Like I said earlier, she is coming in a banner together with Yukari. So if you missed the chance to get A7 Yukari when she was coming together with Alice, now it is your time. I already have Yukari at MLB, and am not sure I want another copy of her until finally getting Ran. But she looks cute (like any character design in this game), and might be an interesting unit. Some of you will like it. 

Meanwhile, JP is getting their own retro unit. Like Isaac pointed out a couple days ago, it is the SA (or I guess A11) version of Satori Komeiji. We already knew about retro Koishi from Tower cutscenes, and I wonder who will be the next member of the SA cast to get a retro version. If we ever get a retro Okuu and Orin, then I am in for that. 

Community discussion and memes

It seems like Chapter 4 has already sparked a lot of discussion. Main issues everyone mentions are the sudden difficulty spike compared to any other previous main story, introduction of EX stage mechanics into the main story (multiple HP bars, binds, stronger abilities on the enemy units), which raised the doubt (AGAIN) whether the new content is made specifically for the newly released units, or we can still do anything with the old friends we have. 

There is also a funny thing about the stages and their difficulty. Chapter 4 represents the first time "Suggested lvl" for units has gone over 100, showing numbers like lvl 103 or lvl 104. How is this possible, especially when the maximum level of a friend does not go above 100? Well, there is a technicality. Apparently, Fantasy Rebirth adds 40 levels to a character, therefore when they reach level 100, their actual level would be 140. Does this mean you are recommended to clear that stage only with Fantasy Rebirth units? I don't know, maybe. Or just get Summer Yukari and Blue Reimu and nothing of this will matter anyway. 

Since we are still in the area of Chapter 4, people have been wondering whether the new characters will appear as banners at one point. Their main point of concern if however that they will be Epic Festival units instead of the classic UFES. Until now, the two people have been talkin about are Chapter 4's version of Marisa and Hecatia. 

Spoiler

55matnnsw1j91.jpg?width=919&format=pjpg&

dr2w3g5tw1j91.jpg?width=928&format=pjpg&

Moving on slowly to a different topic, there is the problem of Reimu EX. Apparently, there is not so much faith a lot of people managed to complete it. To be fair, I have mixed opinions about it. It is another EX stage, this time made to be easy if you have Summer Yukari. Besides, the story card you can get out of it (and for which you have to grind a lot) is also a Summer Yukari specific card, which besides boosting her Last Word, I do not know if it has any other practical use. And like I always say about EX stages: you either need FES/UFES units specially made for that stage, or normal units, but for which you have to grind too much in order to get a MLB copy of the card (and that card does not make the result you are looking for if it is not MLB). 

The fans' discussion about MC is still going on. This time, it is no longer about her age. Instead, an interesting theory arose in regards to who she might be. I will let you read the rest + the ensuing discussing down below:

And also on characters, people are still looking for the general units Global still has not received. Since Parsee was brought into the game last week, the focus seems to have shifted towards Soga no Tojiko. Do not worry, I will get started a similar discussion about Raiko as well, just to have threads about the general units everyone wants to be in the game already, were supposed to come long ago, yet have not appeared yet. (like I said last time, I really like the way Raiko has been characterized in the latest event, giving her a wholesome aura - actually very close to her Touhou canon version - welcome to me Raiko simping TED Talk)

...I mean this is the actual discussion. Where was I? Ah, yes, people wanting Tojiko in the game.

Like somebody pointed out in the comments, we are in a lack of General units, and their release schedule has been messed up immensely: "She (Tojiko)'s been on JP for over a year, released back in July 2021. Currently we're missing 11 gen units now that Parsee is out, and most of the remaining gen units are tied to events. Events roll around on a 2-3 week basis, and every other event has been a rerun thus far, so you're waiting around a month for a new event with possibly a new character. On top of that, global doesn't follow the event order from JP at all, the event that just brought Parsee and her costume is event 22 and the oldest event from JP we don't have is event 14, which would bring Raiko (Also over a year old June 2021) to the game finally. Oh and for reference, Tojiko is in event 15, the second oldest. So basically every month or so, we roll the dice on which event gets rolled and the related gen unit that gets to come out with it." (credit for this comment goes to u/Kdog8273)

Last and not least, I have asked a question in regards to how has this game managed to survive for so long. To be fair, I am not very sure myself. Especially given the relatively low production level and budged compared to the other Touhou games that dies out. It seems though that this one, despite feeling lackluster, actually managed to gain enough money in order to survive not only 2 years, but also expand to global level, while both Cannonball and DanKagu died in their JP phase (despite being games highly regarded by the player base, especially in the case of DanKagu, which really seemed to have had a lot of love put into it by creators). Anyway, an interesting thing I have found thanks to Discord is a (unofficial) chart about the financial gains of the game since the beginning of the year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-GeOwwWrqTREmwB-wEmcnVB01uOA1nOWh9c4sVpBP2M/edit#gid=0 

unknown.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

• CountVonNumenor changed the title to Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - closed/going to be revived, Arcadia Record)