Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - closed/going to be revived, Arcadia Record)

CountVonNumenor

2 hours ago, adzi said:

Late to the party, and maybe not adding much to the topic

Welcome! Never too late to join the party. 

2 hours ago, adzi said:

(the Yukari fight actually stopped me in my tracks for a while, forcing me to master the P management, tracking of buffs, and getting the feel of using Graze... only because my luck with gacha was so lousy that I barely got any Friends, so I did not have any attacks she would be weak against).

The Yukari fight in Chapter 1 really is a quite an awakening to reality if you haven't got used to the mechanics. When I first got into that battle, I was lucky to have Lily White part of my team, so I could make use of the Wood breaks our beloved Herald of Spring provides and Yukari's elemental weakness to Wood. However, it is indeed quite a good point where to start learning some of the mechanics and all you have mentioned. 

2 hours ago, adzi said:

the power curve in this game is pretty steep, so there's hardly any possibility of running into anything that wouldn't be cleared by having higher levels.

I've heard a lot of people saying that that difference from Normal to Hard and then Lunatic feels quite great. However, this is how I remember the things about each difficulty besides the increase in HP and barriers to break:

• Normal: enemies do not use any of their abilities
  • Hard: enemies use their defensive abilities
  • Lunatic: enemies use their defensive, offensive and debuff abilities

2 hours ago, adzi said:

The story is kinda interesting, the fanservice for me, atm, mostly tasteful and sometimes funny/hilarious/amusing, without usually getting too offensive, and the artstyle is nice.

Indeed, besides a relatively low number of character outfits, casual "oh, do you remember when...[insert reference to mainline game]" and the whole Fantasy Rebirth mechanic, there seems to be little fanservice in this game. At least for now... The art style is also quite nice, and I like how consistent it is for every character. The fact they also collaborated with other fan artists and introduced their art in the game through the story card is quite neat too.

One thing that surprised me a little, knowing how fanon can be, is how they decided to depict Eiki Shiki. She has been recently added to Global, and since I like the character, I wanted to get her (which I got, luck enough, in my first x10 prayer). Even if her art makes Eiki look rather average in height, and her battle chibi seems to be a little smaller than that of other characters (LOL), her personality was a pleasant surprise. The game has gone quite a bit with the preachy personality, but, at least in my opinion, her lines also show care and wish for the character to be a good person. Which is quite refreshing from the casual "always angry small girl Eiki who will send you to hell for the pettiest of reasons" fanon got us so used to. 

2 hours ago, adzi said:

The inclusion of the player-insert character isn't done too badly (even if characters are weirdly friendly, polite, and welcoming to her).

The player-insert part has been done interestingly. I might say this due to not having any prior experience with games where you have self-inserts or isekai, but this one is a little different. First and mainly, there is the part your character is already established to be a girl. Usually, at least from what I know, such games usually let the player pick the gender of the protagonist or make them male, therefore all the jazz and stereotypical "harem" stuff when you have a cast filled with other girls/women/whatever. Then, there is the whole Fantasy Rebirth thing, where, if you go by how some call it - "marry the 2hus", you basically have girl-girl relations. It is funny though how the creators tried giving the protag a bit of personality in the fact that, according to the biggest part of the Lost Word community, she might have a crush on Sakuya based on some of the interactions until now. This comment I have once seen in regards to MC's interactions with the girls in the series always makes me laugh:

A: She's really beautiful, and we know Lossy leans that way, so of course she'll stare.
B: MC must be a perpetually blushing trainwreck so everyone just assumes that normal for her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

I'm happy with the way global version has been introducing characters more. Having two characters within the same banner instead of being separate like the jp one. We're finally getting the favourites that people have been waiting for!

Yachie and Mayumi are now here! Hopefully Kogasa and Parsee soon.

Edited by Isaac

On 4/29/2022 at 10:37 PM, Isaac said:

I'm not sure if all the new characters that are in the jp version remain strong. When Parsee and Yamame were introduced, they were some of the best in their class. Overtime, Parsee as an attacker was overshadowed by ultra festival characters like Flandre. Her stats and evaluation were lowered too compared to the festival attackers who were buffed more.

I believe they're going to fall down the ranks harder than marisa since lunch. We have unexpected buffs and nerfs at times, ex- Meiling climb the ranks, Cirno falls (No more Stronk jokes), Byakuren never going up a rank. (I feel bad for her). Hoshiguma, although I never really got her, I hope she's as strong as they say. (I really don't want Yuugi to fall neither Raiko) 

I can't wait to see the UM cast as well and I believe they will try to include some of the PC-98 characters at some point. I can see the old Reimu, Marisa, Alice amd Yuuka being made playable.

I also hope the cast of Pc-98 shortly arrive since I honestly want to see old familiar faces mainly Mima and Kongara. 

The fantasy rebirth outfits for Ran and Chen look great! Same goes for the recent Flan and Remila ones we got too. No matter how many years it takes, I'll patiently wait for Parsee to receive her fantasy rebirth event.

Yeah, they look astonishing. I shall wait for Yuugi as well with Parsee no matter the time. Decades? Bring it on Ninja. 

• Like 2

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

11 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

(I really don't want Yuugi to fall neither Raiko)

We did not get Raiko yet in Global, but I really wanna get her. She, Mayumi and Tenkyuu are the last 2hus I need for completing my top 10 list. Also, do you say she fell in rank? Like she was good, and then got a nerf? Or there was no modification, just that her, being a general pool unit, will be weak no matter what? I still cannot help but laugh how Eika, Mayumi, Wriggle and Eternity are General Pool units, and all of them are in the S and S+ tier, and share room with some of the FES and SFES units.

• Like 1

spacer.png

9 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

We did not get Raiko yet in Global, but I really wanna get her. She, Mayumi and Tenkyuu are the last 2hus I need for completing my top 10 list.

Yeah, mate I really do want to welcome Raiko, Shiki, Mima, Yuugi, Elly, Hina with my non existent gacha luck. (Yuuma too if she's going to come out) 

10 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Also, do you say she fell in rank? Like she was good, and then got a nerf? Or there was no modification, just that her, being a general pool unit, will be weak no matter what? I still cannot help but laugh how Eika, Mayumi, Wriggle and Eternity are General Pool units, and all of them are in the S and S+ tier, and share room with some of the FES and SFES units.

I truly failed to express myself properly again.

What I mean is "if there're unexpected nerfs and buffs, I hope that my favs aren't going to nerf to the ground and forgotten. Ex- No costumes, never appearing in any events or overall no fantasy rebirth for decades." (Well, there're people that follow the "Meta") 

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

1 hour ago, Gou the frog said:

Yeah, mate I really do want to welcome Raiko, Shiki, Mima, Yuugi, Elly, Hina with my non existent gacha luck.

Eiki has her banner right now, and that one will last for 9 more days until the 11th. As for Hina, I think she is a general pool unit, so you should be able to get her eventually. But I guess both of us are still waiting for Raiko. 

1 hour ago, Gou the frog said:

What I mean is "if there're unexpected nerfs and buffs, I hope that my favs aren't going to nerf to the ground and forgotten. Ex- No costumes, never appearing in any events or overall no fantasy rebirth for decades." (Well, there're people that follow the "Meta") 

I do not think we should worry. At least in the case of Fantasy Rebirth, even weaker, less "meta" units got it until now like Alice, Patchouli, Seiran and Ringo, the fairies and so on. I guess everyone will get that new outfit eventually, at least among the "general" units. 

23 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

I'm really late to the part am I? Yeah, don't mind this post snice I accidently post it twice.

Never too late to the party. Anyone can join whenever they please. 

Also about Yuuma. She has. funnily enough, been mentioned by Saki in some of her lines. Her victory line refers to both Yachie and Toutetsu:

Woohoo! I'm the best! Did you see that, Kicchou, Toutestu?! I bet you're jealous!

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Right, remember the times where they give free costumes in events? Yeah, I miss those times too. 

Anyways, have you beaten the Scarlet Devil Tower and if so, what level are you currently in? Damm, if only there was a similar fan game that can fill the hole. Anyways, wish me luck 'cause I'll try to get Shiki-dono.  

• Like 2

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

On 5/1/2022 at 7:55 AM, Isaac said:

achie and Mayumi are now here! Hopefully Kogasa and Parsee soon.

We have seen them already in the main story so please, for the love of ZUN, someone add them in the game. At least Kogasa and Mayumi. Unless they tie the appearance of normal 2hus in the game with the event they are featured in, and the only characters coming together with the story as banner are the SFES ones.

22 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

Right, remember the times where they give free costumes in events? Yeah, I miss those times too. 

It really is a shame we longer get the free costumes. I think they stopped doing it after the half a year anniversary, and was just one of the many controversies sparked at the time. 

22 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

Anyways, have you beaten the Scarlet Devil Tower and if so, what level are you currently in? Damm, if only there was a similar fan game that can fill the hole.

Until now, I really did not play too much of it. I need to beat Floor 15, and just cannot get to do it without wasting a lot of resources. Which is even more ironic, since I have two fully upgraded SFES units (Lunar War Toyohime and Reimu Shaman). I did not manage to beat any of the EX stages either yet, despite the very strong units owned, since most of the times I try playing turn into an unorganized mess of a combat.

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CountVonNumenor said:

We have seen them already in the main story so please, for the love of ZUN, someone add them in the game. At least Kogasa and Mayumi. Unless they tie the appearance of normal 2hus in the game with the event they are featured in, and the only characters coming together with the story as banner are the SFES ones.

I do hope so too. May they see the daylight.

It really is a shame we longer get the free costumes. I think they stopped doing it after the half a year anniversary, and was just one of the many controversies sparked at the time. 

Truly is a sad time isn't? Now you can get this limited edition costumes for the low low price of "480" god crystals. Which you can get from "special" errands which will give you 1-3 god crystals but with RNG, you could also pay us and receive your costumes. (I remember when they have 320 costumes in the shop, those were lost in the past.)

Until now, I really did not play too much of it. I need to beat Floor 15, and just cannot get to do it without wasting a lot of resources. Which is even more ironic, since I have two fully upgraded SFES units (Lunar War Toyohime and Reimu Shaman). I did not manage to beat any of the EX stages either yet, despite the very strong units owned, since most of the times I try playing turn into an unorganized mess of a combat.

Actually, I did a lot of big brain decisions when playing Ex stages and especially the tower. Since I'm very familiar with Turn-based games, those're cake walk for me. I'm currently in Floor 48. (I don't have the motivation to do more floors) With only weak teams no S+, S or anything like that. Best case scenario, the boss will miss the attacks and will use a useless spell card. But coming back to the team selection, I only had 17 characters and 70% are occupied by fairies. I did use the continues feature and maximize my whole team. First barrier breaks and pray that your units do oni level damage and No rng gods will curse you. And of course, I've beaten all the Ex stages; those were really a pain on my butt.

• Like 2

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

48 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Looks like we are actually gonna get Mayumi starting from today, 5th of May, together with Yachie in a banner. Guess there will be some maintenance beforehand?

Yeah, also I love that new characters are being introduced with costumes even if their events aren't available. Can't believe they already included Mayumi's outfit! 

There still isn't many of the UFO cast yet, so I predict someone like Kogasa or Nue will be next. Still hoping for my beloved Parsee!

• Like 1

Alright, so for a bit more of news roundup:

• there seems to be a massive controversy among fans and in discussion groups about the release of Blue Reimu. Problems range from lazy design and animations to the insanely poor rate to gein her, the whole new Epic FES tier, the fact Blue Reimu needs a completely new kind of paper doll from the norm and Divine types (apparently, JP players received at least 1 of those new papers), and the fact this banner does not contain the Pity mechanic
  • there has been a bit of discussion about the whole problem of powercreep among the newly introduced characters 
  • ZUN seems to have been invited for the 2 years anniversary of JP server
  • Besides the Mayumi and Yachie banner, there seems to be nothing else important coming in the following week in Global

Here are 3 discussions on some of the ongoing controversies

I will report again with a status update when something new or interesting will be discussed at the community level 

Edited by CountVonNumenor
  • Like 2

spacer.png

I also forgot to mention that LW had a most active admin EN gacha game community as official, most JP developers only care to their local community. And big freebies to collect, like i said, FGO but Sightly worse

4 hours ago, Agus Mandala said:

I also forgot to mention that LW had a most active admin EN gacha game community as official, most JP developers only care to their local community. And big freebies to collect, like i said, FGO but Slightly worse

Wait, you say that that mods and admin team for LW Global is more active than for any other gacha game that was brought from Japan? Also yeah, many times JP creators seem to only care about their local community, although I do feel like I have this pinions about most of the Touhou fan stuff created in Japan, and not just games like Lost Word. Also, by "big freebies" you mean how generous the game has been recently? I think I have already expressed my opinion on the matter, and why I think this whole attitude of the game seems a bit fishy and questionable to me. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

On 5/5/2022 at 10:06 PM, CountVonNumenor said:

Wait, you say that that mods and admin team for LW Global is more active than for any other gacha game that was brought from Japan? Also yeah, many times JP creators seem to only care about their local community, although I do feel like I have this pinions about most of the Touhou fan stuff created in Japan, and not just games like Lost Word. Also, by "big freebies" you mean how generous the game has been recently? I think I have already expressed my opinion on the matter, and why I think this whole attitude of the game seems a bit fishy and questionable to me. 

Yeah, based on my experience as player that had been join so many official gacha game community. LW probaly the most active one, Dev Note every month in Official Discord, Amazon Voucher Giveaways, and Community Rewards contain in game stuff. And they always gave you some big freebies every day, based on event, such as Daily Log in, Reitaisai Celebration Log In, 1st Anniversary countdown Log In, Community log in, Return Player Log In, and some free rolls Log In. All of them you can got in one day. Here's the freebies that i got todayspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agus Mandala said:

Yeah, based on my experience as player that had been join so many official gacha game community. LW probaly the most active one, Dev Note every month in Official Discord, Amazon Voucher Giveaways, and Community Rewards contain in game stuff. And they always gave you some big freebies every day, based on event, such as Daily Log in, Reitaisai Celebration Log In, 1st Anniversary countdown Log In, Community log in, Return Player Log In, and some free rolls Log In. All of them you can got in one day. Here's the freebies that i got todayspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

How did you get the Kourindou Roulette today? When I logged in, there was nothing. Or maybe there's something like you are new to this game/account and got it as a formality? 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, CountVonNumenor said:

How did you get the Kourindou Roulette today? When I logged in, there was nothing. Or maybe there's something like you are new to this game/account and got it as a formality? 

Hm.... are you certain that you login everyday? If so, one definitely got that as a gift as a returning player or a new player since it happen to me once, when I was on a hiatus.

• Like 1

Truly is Yin & Yang. 

Ah yes, Kourindo probaly only happened for returning player

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gou the frog said:

Hm.... are you certain that you login everyday? If so, one definitely got that as a gift as a returning player or a new player since it happen to me once, when I was on a hiatus.

Ever since I downloaded the game, I have been logging in every day. I did not skip a single day.

55 minutes ago, Agus Mandala said:

Ah yes, Kourindo probably only happened for returning player

I guess it might be indeed something addressed towards new and retuning players. 

spacer.png

personally I'm really liking Lost Word. The gacha system seems much more fair than other gacha games I've played. in most gacha games trying to get characters without spending money feels like a complete shot in the dark with pretty unclear pity systems being the only reprieve. with Lost Word I feel like I've gotten every character I've really focused on and while I feel like the pity system is much less forgiving than other gacha games (to the point that I've only ever gotten to use it 3 times) it's at least very clear and obvious about exactly when you're going to benefit from pity and you get to choose exactly what you get when the pity points reach the required numbers. I feel like the gameplay is more fun than people give it credit for (then again I do often challenge myself to do 1 character runs of levels, often when that one character is below the recommended level. this might be why I feel the game is also more strategic than others give it credit for, of course there'll usually be more strategy in a challenge run than a normal one).

also while I do see the point about alternate versions of characters being more powerful I notice that this is only really the case with the Super Festival Characters. post-Fantasy Rebirth my L1 Reimu and L1 Marisa both have higher stat totals than their A1 (the EoSD version) counterparts (granted, this is just stat totals, I'm not aware enough of the meta or whatever to understand if the A1 versions have some other trick to give them the edge). I've not yet leveled up my Fantasy Rebirth Sakuya and Cirno to see if the same is true for them but I suspect it might be, my Fantasy Rebirth Youmu is pretty close to the A7 version despite being over 20 levels below her so I'd suspect that this is pretty universal for all Fantasy Rebirth characters to be stronger than their non-Super Festival variants. if Byakuren and Aya get Fantasy Rebirths I suspect they'll also be stronger than their A12 and A9 versions respectively. since most Fantasy Rebirth characters are from the normal wish pool (only Yukari and Kasen have been from Festival prayers) I'd say this is a good thing.

Super Festival characters will probably always be the strongest (which I'm fine with as long as they're given a plot reason for it, I'm a little iffy about the fact that all the Lunar War versions are stronger despite having their powers sealed. if anything I feel like that should make them the weakest version of the characters. the same applies to the new Remilia, she's established in the story to be extremely weakened, seemingly unable to even stand, but she's somehow far stronger than L1 Remilia) purely due to their rarity but as long as we keep on getting some normal units in the high tiers I see no problem with that

at the end of the day I'd say that if people don't like something they just shouldn't play it. no need to keep on dragging it out as something to hate (and while I don't think this particular thread is doing that I do see people in other places doing it a lot. Lost Word and Memories of Phantasm seem to be the punching bags of the Touhou community. I understand that some people might not like the overly fanon aproach that both works take but they both still clearly have plenty of work put into them and if people don't like the product they can just find another game (I understand that there are slim pickings for another Touhou anime so people are mostly stuck with Memories of Phantasm), perhaps even make one themselves to give the rest of the Touhou community something to enjoy.)

wow, this turned into quite a rant. I only intended to write 1 or 2 lines at most...

• Like 2

For another news roundup (I will update this whenever something new or interesting is happening on either JP or Global)

• the community is in the middle of a trend of posting their home screen stats and favorite character set there
  • next JP SFES will be something I would call "Blonde Reisen" (I really do not know her actual name)
  • discussion continue on the question of Blue Reimu, as she has become the new best characters in the (unofficial) JP Tier List and a new tier has been added just to acomodate how strong she is

• Like 1

spacer.png

Yet another News Roundup (looks like I am doing plenty of those nowadays):

• Global has revealed as part of the ost recent interview what some of the things we will get at the 1 Year Anniversary and following few months in terms of content, gifts and Fantasy Rebirth costumes; discussion on the topic from r/touhou_lostword

Spoiler

1fxe4km35dy81.jpg?width=2059&format=pjpg

g5y6njm35dy81.jpg?width=1232&format=pjpg

jhk8sjm35dy81.jpg?width=2064&format=pjpg

• Scarlet Devil Tower returns on the 19th of May
  • since the Dev Letter was shared enough time, everyone got 3 free prayers (well, at least the equivalent of it, so 15 Seal Crystals)

Besides the big news on the anniversary, there doesn't seem to be anything major going on for Global. As for JP, they still have ongoing the Blue Reimu Epic FES banner.

• Like 1

spacer.png

21 hours ago, CountVonNumenor said:

Yet another News Roundup (looks like I am doing plenty of those nowadays):

• Global has revealed as part of the ost recent interview what some of the things we will get at the 1 Year Anniversary and following few months in terms of content, gifts and Fantasy Rebirth costumes; discussion on the topic from r/touhou_lostword

Reveal hidden contents

1fxe4km35dy81.jpg?width=2059&format=pjpg

g5y6njm35dy81.jpg?width=1232&format=pjpg

jhk8sjm35dy81.jpg?width=2064&format=pjpg

• Scarlet Devil Tower returns on the 19th of May
  • since the Dev Letter was shared enough time, everyone got 3 free prayers (well, at least the equivalent of it, so 15 Seal Crystals)

Besides the big news on the anniversary, there doesn't seem to be anything major going on for Global. As for JP, they still have ongoing the Blue Reimu Epic FES banner.

UPDATE

We have received the chart for the First Anniversary (ft Dark Myon Fumo). Let's see what it gives us:

• new "Everybody Wins" campaign; this time, we are getting 600 God Cubes and 50 Seal Crystals
  • Forever Prayer (Part 1 - it was not mentioned clearly why it is "part 1", there might be a new one back-to-back with it once it's over) - this time, we also get retro Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya
  • Flandre Scarlet Ultra FES, just as the one for her sister ends
  • rerun for the Mysterious Sword Master Ultra FES
  • Lucky Bag banner until 27th of May
  • PCB Yukari and PCB Alice retro alts getting their own banner (the two are separate banners)
  • Story Card Collection banner
  • Lunar War Collection banner
  • Challenge Event - Witch of Scarlet Dreams
  • Fire EX is coming back
  • SP cost per battle reduced by 50% and x4 XP and drop rate for story levels
  • Errand XP x3
  • Anniversary costumes available
  • Apparently for joining the LW Discord you are getting 5 Seal Crystals
  • Hakugyouku Arena Phantasm
  • the already existent Festival Collection will continue
  • some very interesting login bonuses, including 1 Normal and 1 Divine Paper Doll

(starting with 27th of May)

• New event - Masked Dancer Rebellion, coming with related costumes and banner (Benben, Yatsuhashi, Mai, Satono and Kokoro - no Mystia or Kyouko sadly)
  • Fantasy Rebirth 2.0
  • you can play a Mirrors of Rebirth stage 6 instead of 3 times a day
  • x3 School XP Week
  • Login bonus for the above-mentioned event

cqxlmpxj1hy81.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

RETRO ALICE IS FINALLY COMING!!! She's coming on my birthday too!!! I'm so excited for her!!
Although, if I'm gonna be honest, seeing the 1st anni update picture makes me feel overwhelmed af ^^;, I don't know how I'm gonna keep my seal crystal count above 1000 lmfao

• Like 2

Number 1 Alice, Meiling and Youmu fan! jaooooooooo

• CountVonNumenor changed the title to Do Touhou and gacha work together? (2022 - Touhou LostWord, Danmaku Kagura - closed/going to be revived, Arcadia Record)