Do you still have the replay file of when you first 1CC'd a touhou game?

Cirbo

I have a soft spot for these type of mementos so I felt like looking for my first 1CC of PCB from 2020.

While not the most impressive run I still find it fun watching because me from back then didn't expect to be 1CCing anything, so it's funny seeing all the safety bombs I drop as I've been humbled before for trying to micro things I really shouldn't. (Still some of the hits were painful to watch)

Also bombing through resurrection butterfly after getting smacked is a mood. I wasn't risking anything at the time! 

th7_01.rpy

2 hours ago, ChibiWolfi said:

i dont have it but plan to save the replay from when I hit milestones in the future

also yes I still refuse to safety bomb - especially as I'm currently grinding MoF. Bombing in that game feels like cheating ROFL

That game has so many borderline cheat mechanics and glitches like 3.0 power Marisa B shot, it makes me feel silly for ever struggling on it before :SaguDown:

Ah well, I beat the game with Marisa C so I've proven to myself I totally don't need the crutch

Just now, Cirbo said:

That game has so many borderline cheat mechanics and glitches like 3.0 power Marisa B shot, it makes me feel silly for ever struggling on it before :SaguDown:

Ah well, I beat the game with Marisa C so I've proven to myself I totally don't need the crutch

That's exactly why I'm grinding ReimuB Hard NB, it feels like the only legit way to play it

That being said, NB on MoF is rough because there's so many RNG cards where u need to play out of ur mind to make it out

Peerless Wind God moment xDDDDDDD

8 minutes ago, ChibiWolfi said:

That's exactly why I'm grinding ReimuB Hard NB, it feels like the only legit way to play it

That being said, NB on MoF is rough because there's so many RNG cards where u need to play out of ur mind to make it out

Yeah bombs are the ultimate crutch, so I'd treat no-bombing any touhou game as a huge achievement (for my skill level at least since I've mostly am still on normal modo).

However I like the non standard shottypes, forward facing shots are in literally every shmup I imagine so having something weird to spice things up is always fun

4 minutes ago, ChibiWolfi said:

Peerless Wind God moment

"Illusionary Dominance" for me since I haven't tried Lunatic. However she still is going to get bombed by me for that BS attack :YoumuStare:

Seeing this thread reminded me of my first 1cc, which was on Imperishable Night as Reimu + Yukari, so I watched back the replay. Good times... definitely saw some stuff hit me or get panic-bombed which I think now I could dodge, but eh, it happens. And I'm pretty rusty now anyway so idk if I could actually do better, haha. It also reminded of the last word mechanic from that game, I'd completely forgotten about it but honestly it's such a good mechanic, I wish it had become a mainstay. I hope we can see it again in some future game.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, Cirbo said:

Yeah bombs are the ultimate crutch, so I'd treat no-bombing any touhou game as a huge achievement (for my skill level at least since I've mostly am still on normal modo).

However I like the non standard shottypes, forward facing shots are in literally every shmup I imagine so having something weird to spice things up is always fun

"Illusionary Dominance" for me since I haven't tried Lunatic. However she still is going to get bombed by me for that BS attack :YoumuStare:

I love playing alternate Marisa shottypes in almost every game. She has so many unique ones, and even though it's her most standard, Illusion Laser always feels amazing. Plus the Brrrrrrrrrrrrr noise on Master Spark... hot damn

11 hours ago, buskerdog said:

Seeing this thread reminded me of my first 1cc, which was on Imperishable Night as Reimu + Yukari, so I watched back the replay. Good times... definitely saw some stuff hit me or get panic-bombed which I think now I could dodge, but eh, it happens. And I'm pretty rusty now anyway so idk if I could actually do better, haha. It also reminded of the last word mechanic from that game, I'd completely forgotten about it but honestly it's such a good mechanic, I wish it had become a mainstay. I hope we can see it again in some future game.

I'm surprised u still have access to it if you played it so long ago. It's kind of hard for me to find them, due to my practice being fragmented over 3 different setups. But, seeing the improvements over time is what makes it so satisfying

and yeah last spells are dope. I love it when the games have extra post-game content besides just the extra stage. PCB and IN are some of my favourites because of that

On 1/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, buskerdog said:

Honestly yeah the older games always have that "little bit extra" which I do miss. IN's last word mechanic is the best example of that and I love seeing fangames like Hollow Song of Birds add it in

Archived