I'm having trouble running TouHou 6 on windows 10

yeetus_deleteus

This is my first time trying to play TouHou games and I wanted to start off with TouHou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil because it is the first game of the windows era. Unfortunately I am unable to run the game on windows 10 and I couldn't find any up to date tutorial on youtube, I was only able to find one from 2017 and I wasn't able to get it to work even after fowling all the steps, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Whenever I attempt to launch  the game either via VsyncPatch or TouHoucrap I get an error message saying "d3dxp_43.dll was not found" or "the dll injection of executable has failed."  (the second quote isn't an actual error message, I just copied it from the "help-it-isnt-working" file from vsync.)

Honestly I feel like I either did something wrong when trying to play the game or I am missing something with the instillation of the game itself because from what I've seen from other forum posts on this site solutions very from running the game through a different patcher or downloading some other program or EXE to run the game

in anyone can anyone help me solve this problem I would relay appreciate it.

Have you downloaded the game from moriyashrine? If so it already has all patches preinstalled, you have to run "touhou06.exe" to start it.

If you don't have directx for some reason, there is redistributable in directx/ folder that you can try to install. But on my Win10 system it worked without any such problems.

Alternatively, you can find and install missing dlls on the internet just by googling the file name. Dropping them into the folder with touhou06.exe should do the trick.

Archived