Cirno's Tan Plan - Touhou Game Jam 2021 submission

buskerdog

Over the last week, I've been participating in Touhou Game Jam 2021, a game jam run by Touhou Station for both the Japanese and English-speaking communities. This jam had 4 different themes from which participants must pick 1 for their game: Market (Buy / Sell), Rainbow, Atsui (can mean "Hot" or "Thick"), and Utsuru (has a bunch of different meanings, such as to move/transfer). This post is about my submission, Cirno's Tan Plan.

https://touhou-gamejam.web.app/en/work/QMRQ33s7saPeonif/

EDIT: Replacement upload of my game as the original site it was on is now closed: https://buskerdog.itch.io/cirnos-tan-plan

Cirno's Tan Plan is boss rush action platforming game with three bosses to fight against. There are unique mechanics which interact with fire bullets; you can create an ice platform to stand on and also block bullets, however fire bullets melt it. You can also graze fire bullets to increase the amount of Cirno's tan; the more tanned she gets, the stronger she becomes.

The programming and art were done by me, as were the sounds. The music was kindly provided by DJ the S, I got in contact with him, and he agreed to let me use his songs for the game!

Screenshots!:

Spoiler

screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.dbde318d3d90551e6e963d59b9e3c015.jpg

screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.842bf970678d80cce9bed737511e75df.jpg

screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.fc0eaa6e49fae477b1ed16c7a5c6b30b.jpg

screenshot_4.thumb.jpg.ef6448a9049e965558f0d29fbde489d8.jpg

On the same website that I linked to with my game, you can also find all the other submissions for this game jam!

On 8/13/2021 at 7:27 PM, Drunken_Flower said:

YOO This cool

i've been wanting to join game jams
some of my friends are doing it
especially when the arranger is Touhou Station

but i cant code neither make music
kinda feel envious tbh
this what happen when you likes parsee

Am I misremembering or weren't you posting art at one point?

I don't intend to just use this thread to talk about my game!

Game I Recommend: Alum's Strata Gems

https://touhou-gamejam.web.app/en/work/cjGqpejuGYIyBDyJ/

This is a puzzle game about matching gems in specific patterns while trying to prevent your opponent from doing the same. It's a simple game, but with a surprising amount of depth to it, and it's a lot of fun!

Also pretty clever use of Parsee as the main character, as the over-arching objective is to take cards from your opponents, which makes sense seeing as she's, you know, jealousy incarnate. Not sure who this Alum Strata person is, they must be an OC.

By the way, the game jam website will go down on August 31st. I imagine most people will upload their games again elsewhere, but if you see something you like be sure to grab it now!

• 1 month later...

Archived