Which Game is Harder, Touhou 11, or Touhou 15

PhantomOwl64

Hello there, I am currently in a topical debate with a friend of mine. He believes that touhou 11 is arguably harder than Touhou 15, but I disagree. I believe that Touhou 15 is way harder than 11. Touhou 11 is a very hard game, but it is nowhere near as outrageous as Touhou 15, where the game gets arguably harder at stage 3 of all places. Then the thought occurred to me, what are other people's opinions on the matter? So I leave the question to whoever reads this (hoping if anyone reads this at all) which game is more difficult, and why?

imo 11 is harder. I can actually beat touhou 15 (pointdevice mode), but I can't even complete touhou 11 let alone 1cc it. I actually made a bit of a rant about it in another thread, tldr I hate the way touhou 10-12 handles continues. If we're talking about legacy mode for touhou 15 then I guess it might be harder than touhou 11, but if you want to judge the game as a whole then I don't think it's fair to exclude pointdevice mode, seeing as it's the default option and the entire game is basically designed around it.

I found Touhou 15 to be more difficult because of the patterns, but I think that depends on the player's accumulated skills and what they're more used to. I have a lot of trouble with both of the stage 5 bosses, but Clownpiece absolutely wrecked me, while Orin (I think that was the cat girl's name, right?) is more annoying than anything. Take this with a grain of salt though, I'm not very good at Touhou, I don't practice too often and I cannot consistently get normal 1ccs.

So, in my opinion, if you've played the older games more, you'll probably find Touhou 11 to be easier. At least, I think that's how it is for me.

Best regards,

von Kurtos

• 1 month later...

15 is easily the hardest. I still haven't gotten past stage 5 yet. And Clownpiece's moon attack killed me so many times, that the counter maxed out at 99. I think I died at LEAST 150 times. Maybe 200.

There's a reason Point Device mode exists: You'll need it. YOU WILL NEED IT.

Also, easily my second favorite Touhou game, before 6.

• 1 month later...

15, no doubt

11 is "hard" only because resources are more scarce than in other games and bombing is risky because of the lack of damage afterwards, also, almost every shot type is trash, but this is not comparable to 15, unless you are considering pointdevice mode's usage for this comparison 15 is way harder, just the patterns are simply harder than the entirety of 11

Archived