Why do I see most people need to use dll installer?

Guihong Wang

I'm not too sure why, but I don't think it's because of the Windows region. I had to use a dll installer before, but recently I haven't had the need to do so; the games worked without it. Maybe it's from an update? I don't know, I'm not exactly a Windows expert.

Best regards,

von Kurtos

maybe just "special chinese version version"

(my uncle still use windows XP in 2017 to play his old game, Maybe microsoft wants old players like them to update the system,So these special chinese version contain old dirextX and other things)

because when i try to install an origin windows 7(chinese sim)

touhou game(th06 th13.5) is cilck-to-play

nope 

It seems that those systems include a runtime library that basically runs touhou

So why not try a Chinese Windows system? Then install a Japanese language pack.

tips: Chinese Windows XP requires phone activation + activation code activation, I suggest you use the ghost version directly.

• 1 month later...

special power!(system:windows 7(base on Chinese version) Japanese language is from language pack)

installer:

421023942_QQ20210804141600.thumb.png.7eeb23805ac0d448829d6484feaa96f9.png

in game(This is the effect of the virtual machine, the actual physical machine is better than the virtual machine):

539685617_QQ20210804142210.png.532d7c9b48770f1510c53a1895974195.png

program list(Prove that the old touhou game can be played with one click on this system):1088903510_QQ20210804142523.thumb.png.99349033cad11ed254c037d3d92785ff.png

If you feel unable to solve for the dll, just try the Chinese version of Windows.

(Don't forget to install the language pack, if you don't install the language pack, it is very likely that touhou's installer will go wrong)

On 6/24/2021 at 7:37 AM, Guihong Wang said:

Why do I see most people need to use dll installer? 

In my computer(windows 10 origin WS version,windows 7 U origin version), they can just click to play.

WHY?

I genuinly do not know my self, it just says that it is missing

6 hours ago, Dracula.Misora said:

I genuinly do not know my self, it just says that it is missing

Maybe you need to try the Chinese version of Windows (they can play th06~th9.5 without installing any runtime libraries)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dracula.Misora said:

I finally figured out how to do it. 

chinese version of windows is nice?         Is it comfortable for you to use?             Don't forget to install the English language pack!

1 hour ago, Guihong Wang said:

chinese version of windows is nice?         Is it comfortable for you to use?             Don't forget to install the English language pack!

Oh nah I didn't use the Chinese ver. I just download windows pack dll's. If you want the link I can send you if you like =D

Archived