Sudden framerate issues on TH 6-17

7shi

As of recent, Touhou games 6-17 have been playing with 40-50 FPS maximum, while they used to run at 60. Sometimes they drop to 20-30 FPS. Touhou 18 still runs at a consistent 60 FPS though.

I have a GTX 1080 GPU and an Intel Core I7 7th gen CPU. I've messed around with battery performance settings (I have a gaming laptop), and I have updated all of my drivers. The issue doesn't appear to be with DirectX or anything similar. Does anyone have a guess as to what the issue might be, or a suggestion?

Hello!

iirc i remember some of people had same problems but i don't remember how/if they've fixed it however i might try to give a few ideas

1. is obviously reinstall them and check if issue still persists

2. i'm not sure how about other 2hu games but i remember EoSD had plenty of problems with windows 10 so might give a try to compatibility mode perhaps 

3. try to apply vsync patch if you haven't yet

4. delete the config files (.cfg) however this will remove your highscores (i'm saying just in case)

5. try to run a game without thcrap

6. weird one but i remember seeing in reddit that someone got unstable fps because USB device was plugged in (mouse for example) however it worked fine with keyboard, gamepad etc. (some kind of directinput issue perhaps)

7. check if theres nothing in background that takes a LOT of resources (however with that setup it could only be at least other game that requires decent system specs or chrome memory leak)

i think i got no more ideas hope any of it will work for you though!

28 minutes ago, Dana Iclucia said:

Hello!

iirc i remember some of people had same problems but i don't remember how/if they've fixed it however i might try to give a few ideas

1. is obviously reinstall them and check if issue still persists

2. i'm not sure how about other 2hu games but i remember EoSD had plenty of problems with windows 10 so might give a try to compatibility mode perhaps 

3. try to apply vsync patch if you haven't yet

4. delete the config files (.cfg) however this will remove your highscores (i'm saying just in case)

5. try to run a game without thcrap

6. weird one but i remember seeing in reddit that someone got unstable fps because USB device was plugged in (mouse for example) however it worked fine with keyboard, gamepad etc. (some kind of directinput issue perhaps)

7. check if theres nothing in background that takes a LOT of resources (however with that setup it could only be at least other game that requires decent system specs or chrome memory leak)

i think i got no more ideas hope any of it will work for you though!

I unplugged my mouse and the games run at 60 again? Weird, but at least it works as a solution for the time being. Thanks a lot for helping me out, and do let me know if you think of anything that might let me play at 60 with my mouse plugged in.

15 hours ago, Dana Iclucia said:

Huge thanks! I can finally run PoFV at 60 fps because of the mouse.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived