Favorite Final Boss themes.

jssf1992

I had originally thought about making this the next weekly poll, but I decided that's there's just too many options for that.  So we'll have a thread for it instead.

With a lot of final bosses (especially if you count some of the extra stage bosses) there are plenty of themes to go with them.  All of them are good (yes they are :P ), and they stray into a number of different styles and feel distinct from each other.

Personally, I've always gone with Septette for the Dead Princess as my favorite.  A cool, somewhat regal feel, but keeping the quick pace needed for the battle at hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Best final boss theme is Kanako's Venerable Ancient Battlefield.  The beginning in particular gives me the feeling of a powerful ancient god and the subsequent battle absolutely lives up to that.  Runner up would be Septette mostly because of the remixes, but it's great in its own right.

Minoriko.gif

• 2 months later...

Necrofantasia and Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess are really good. I also really liked Hijiri's theme from UFO.

My favorite stage 6 boss theme is Flight of the Bamboo Cutter ~ Lunatic Princess. Its just so graceful, the song has a lot of power in it but you can feel the absolute grace in the tones, like you are truly fighting someone of incredible status.

L

I've always felt that The Concealed Four Seasons and Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind are masterful works.  Though I may only like the latter because some of the best vocal remixes have stemmed from that theme.

But above all, Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist gives me chills.  I love the crowd cheering in the background, the clapping makes it feel so alive and dynamic.  Tonight Stars will always be a personal favorite.

Damn, Rantos before you mentioned it i'd never actually heard tonight stars an easygoing egoist. Its really freaking good. Also Emotional Skyscraper is a very close second to my favorite touhou theme.

L

Isn't it amazing!  As you may have gathered, it's the song that plays during the final fight in Anatomy of Common Flowers and it's a-freaking-mazing!  I'm glad I could show you some new Zun-Tunes~

My favourite final boss theme has to be Venerable Ancient Battlefield~Suwa Fought Field followed by Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~Nuclear Fusion, mostly for nostalgia's sake since touhou 11 was the first touhou game I played and touhou 10 was the first one I 1cced.

For the PC98 era my favorite Strawberry Crisis and Legendary Illusion ~ Infinite Being, for the Windows era my favorite is The Venerable Ancient Battle Field ~ Suwa Foughten Field, for Extra Boss it's Reach the Moon, Immortal Smoke.

Although I've has many favorites, such as Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion and U.N. Owen Was Her, my favorites for 2018 are Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of The Heart and Pandemonic Planet from LoLK, and also Secret God Matara ~ Hidden God in All Seasons from HSiFS. I think it's the fact that I like rock-ish music, or just Touhou music in general. I even have some favorite themes that AREN'T final themes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here we go again, the endless music discussion. at least i will restrain myself from picking all the musics

Strawberry Crisis!!, Sleeping Terror, The inevitably Forbidden Game (stage theme counts?), Illusion of Maid ~ Icemilk Magic, Cute Devil ~ Innoccence, The Grimoire of Alice, Judgement of the Sixtieth year ~ Fate of Sixty Years, Heian Alien, Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat, Pandemonic Planet

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gotcha, pal. Hartmann’s Youkai Girl is one of my favorites, too. Now for a few mentions of mine.

Gensokyo Millennium~ History Of The Moon.

Pure Furies~ Wherabouts Of The Heart.

Fate Of Sixty Years.

Pandemonic Planet.

Necrofantasia, to name a few.

Archived