Malware in touhou 16?

Cinna

When trying to download touhou 16, I was redirected to deloton twice (which is an adware virus thing), and after downloading got a notification saying the files had a treat of malware in it, could this be fixed somehow?

Ok, so after many hours, i have (hopefully) resolved this. 

Seems there was a malicious redirect in one of our URLs that was causing it. 

If problem still persists, please let me know. 

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

• 2 months later...

I tried installing touhou 16 and windows found a Bitrep.A trojan. I scanned most of the files on virustotal and found that at least 2 of them had some positives. Here and here. Not sure whether these are false positives or not, but it's worth noting. I'm assuming this doesn't have to do with the old issue of the download redirecting, but this seems like the right place to talk about this.

They MAY be false positives but i will check to make sure.

Thanks for letting us know. 

Easily deploy an SSD cloud server on DigitalOcean in 55 seconds. Sign up using my link below and receive $10 in credit.

Deploy with DO!  \o/

So i booted a VM, ran the game, played (and died) quite a bit of times. Scanned the vm instance, nothing was found. 

So, it seems to be false positives. 

Deploy with DO!  \o/

On 5/5/2018 at 11:46 AM, Cinna said:

After downloading it again, my windows antivirus said it had a trojan again :(

That's weird...but like i said, it should be okay. Either way, i will try and have one of the editors upload a cleaner version. 

Deploy with DO!  \o/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived