4 random noob questions

Heffmoney

First, I just found these forums, so this is from someone who knows next to nothing about Touhou, and have one big question:

1) Does the real life Moriya Shrine or the real life person Sanae Moriya know about these forums? (Yes the shrine and the person exist in real life, but they're not the type to spend all day on the internet. You might get some confused comments from people looking for directions to religious services.)

Also, I tend to daydream about making a fan game. While a lot of fan stuff isn't necessarily canon, I just want to know what the fan consensus is. To be honest what's bringing up the question is fan works that contradict each other, and I just want to know which group of fans "won".

2) Does Marisa "borrow" things from Alice? On one hand Marisa steals from everybody, on the other, Mariari.

3) How hot/cold does the Hakurei/Moriya shrine rivalry end up? What's canonical is they started off enemies but relations warmed. How much? In some works I've seen Sanae and Reimu having tea together; in others they're fighting to the bitter end in giant robots.

4) Is Yukari going to be "dead" for the events of Touhou 18? I've seen one reference where, from Reimu's point of view, there was some bad juju going on with the border and Yukari ended up dying to fix it, and the whole story was Reimu feeling sad and trying to move on. Ofcourse even if the reference Yukari didn't actually die and was faking it, but it still removes her from possible plots. 

1) No. Real life Moriya Shrine is Japanese. This website isn't. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew about the existence of Touhou; I've heard that the real Moriya Shrine has become something of a pilgrimage site for Japanese Touhou fans.

18 hours ago, Heffmoney said:

While a lot of fan stuff isn't necessarily canon, I just want to know what the fan consensus is. To be honest what's bringing up the question is fan works that contradict each other, and I just want to know which group of fans "won".

It would be wrong to say there's a group of fans who "won". You can see a lot of different depictions of Touhou characters in fan works, which can make it hard for people who aren't as familiar with the series to understand what's canon and what's not. There are, however, "headcanons" that have grown exceedingly popular - these should be taken with a grain of salt, though. Not everyone necessarily likes them, and they're not always necessarily close to canon. Basically don't be surprised that fan works contradict each other, they're derivative works for a reason. So the best I can do for answering your questions is to simply tell you what's canon and what isn't.

2) Marisa is mostly known for stealing books from the Scarlet Devil Mansion's library. However that's not to say that's all the stealing she does. She's basically a hoarder who takes whatever she feels like. In regards to Alice, they are friends, although they can be seen bickering a lot.

3) Reimu views the Moriya Shrine as 'business rivals' however that's as far as it goes. Reimu and Sanae can be seen on friendly terms with each other.

4) No. This is completely a fan story.

Hope these answers helped.

in others they're fighting to the bitter end in giant robots.

lol I think I know what video this is

Archived