Fifth Remix Tournament

buskerdog

Onto round 6! We're approaching the end.

Opening this round is a calm Necrofantasia.

Second is a more intense arrangement, this one of Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon.

Closing out this round is a remix of Apparitions Stalk the Night.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Writing this without looking at Garison's comment, since I already formed my opinions...

Necrofantasia [The Daffodils]

Spoiler

This is basically everything I want in a calm orchestration. The spread of instruments, the strings especially; the melodic quality of everything; the piano in the background tinkling out the melodic harmonies so softly you don't notice up to where the original melody comes in halfway through...

It's perfect.

Rating: 10/10

[Vocal Metal Folk] Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon

Spoiler

I don't usually go for Touhou vocal metal (I was soured on it after some meh Akatsuki Records mixes), but this is just lovely. I love the vocal performance--I can feel the energy. I love the instrumentation--it's hype without grating on the ears and absolutely bops.

And there's a progression from beginning to end that makes me feel satisfied at the journey the song took me on.

Shoot, and the flute! I love flutes in rock/metal. Just look at Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick, which is basically the best rock album of all time.

Apparitions Stalk the Night

Spoiler

Ahh, PHOENIX Project. The first Touhou mixes I ever listened to. Well, first when I was conscious of listening to it as Touhou music, since COOL&CREATE's U.N. Owen Was Her? mix was technically my intro to Touhou overall. But this may as well be the very mix that got me invested enough in Touhou music to start downloading the soundtracks.

The marimba, the strings, the pure vim and vigor of this song still get me hyped after five~six years. It's the full range of expression that Rumia's original theme didn't get to embody, because the fight was so short.

Rating: 10/10, no question.

This round slaps. Unironically and totally.

And only one of these was one of my submissions! (guess which one)

God is my judge.

Spoiler

1. Ambient//Lofi and other stuff like that ain't for me they are just too calm and i hate when music makes me want to go sleep (i'd rather prefer it making me want to smash my head to table or wall) so it's just automatically out for me unfortunately even if instrumentaion is nice

5/10

Spoiler

2. Ah i know this song and back in the days it was one of songs i really liked (it's Undead Corporation and title is Yoru Naku Usagi and something with Yume) this still has it's vibes that i liked about it still good vocal and oriental-ish feeling (at least for me) mostly because flute

8/10

Spoiler

3. this one is quite decent as well and kind of reminds me older eurobeat-ish songs for some reason  it feels quite fast paced for this round (maybe except Yoru Naki) it gets a little lower than usagi though

7/10

8 hours ago, Crusader Jerome said:

And only one of these was one of my submissions! (guess which one)

very wild guess but is it a Apparitions Stalk in the Night?

Calm Necrofantasia

Spoiler

That is a lovely piece.  Certainly very calm, the kind of thing I would play while writing.  It also has some actual build-up in it for the end, not all such pieces do.

That said . . . I don't really hear Necrofantasia in this.

8.5/10

Folk Eyes ~ Metal Moon

Spoiler

Such energy!  A powerful driving pace all throughout, even having moments of 'calm' that still keeps the pace while giving you a rest from the intensity.  There are a number of instruments at play, and the guitar, vocals, and flute (I think) are given moments to shine on their own, all very good.

9/10

Dancing with the Appiritions that Stalk the Night

Spoiler

More energy!  In fact, energetic might be my first word for this piece.  Interesting mix of piano and electronic here.  Only thing I could levy against it is that it doesn't change much until the end, but that's pretty minor.

8/10

16: fromadistance - The Daffodils
Well that's different.

It took me quite a while to find Necrofantasia in this arrangement, but finding it made me respect the piece very highly. The subtlety is in theme with the mood, feeling almost like a reference rather than the backbone of the remix. I love melodic ambience -- a serene style of music without progression in its arrangement but somehow featuring a properly progressing melody within -- and this fits into that category for me. It moves forward without really going anywhere, capturing the beauty of a moment rather than the wonder of a story.

Therefore, while the remix is slight at best, I will confidently rate the piece 8/10.

17: UNDEAD CORPORATION - The Dream of a Rabbit Singing in the Night
Back to the bangers!

I anticipated this being a forgettable rock remix, and instead received an amazing blend of folk instruments, BUTAOTOME vocals, and hard metal (and y'all know I like oriental folk hybrids). While it's not necessarily difficult to bridge the original theme's rough transition, it's rare enough that properly progressing remixes like this one stand out. Initially, I underestimated the importance of the vocals to the piece's progression; there's an off-vocal version of the track that relies more heavily on the flute, and the powerful effect of this piece is severely weakened by the change. The performance of said vocals could potentially be a bit stronger, and I'd appreciate the metal to be a bit less compressed, but these are extremely minor nitpicks.

Enthusiastically a 9/10.

18: PHOENIX Project - Apparitions Stalk the Night
Oh? You're approaching me?

A risky statement: this is one of my favorite Touhou remixes of all time. Similar to the previous entry, it seamlessly blends a variety of styles and instrument classes into a complete package that fully exploits their strengths in favor of the arrangement. Featured styles include metal, celtic, rag, baroque, classical, and others that I can't even put a proper name to. The result is a musical experience that manages to surprise at every transition without ever feeling out of theme. Managing at once to be a faithful adaptation of the original piece and one of the most imaginative takes on any Touhou theme, there are few remixes I've heard that can top this.

10/10, no regrets.

TTT

Hey i just found out, There's 1 impostor Among us 
image.thumb.png.8067a7723b63512f3f4eb468dde6707e.png

image.png.dd391528708637547d7f258f9ba088c7.png

Whoever this might be he left comment on one of my videos AND APPARENTLY this video is song that was posted few rounds before

i found you, you have nothing left but show yourself!

ah sorry i was in a trip for few days
i dont wanna type long on phone

Spoiler
Spoiler

The Daffodils

i suddenly think of this
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33493995 may or may not be a touhou. me neither don't know.

kalm
can't tell if it's nostalgic vibes or sadness vibes.
the Necrofantasia quite subtle in the beginning, but it's getting more and more audible the farther into the music.
it's like how Gensokyo grow overtime.

3:16 came, it definitely saying about amazement of beauty, so mostlikely a nostalgic music.

wen you feel low, pls rember gensokyo
8/10

btw do we have the theme of Gensokyo itself? the world theme?

Spoiler

The Dream of a Rabbit Singing in the Night

we ever question how Jssf sort the submission.
now that Busker the one holding it, i throw to you too

the moment i heard that flute, i know what im listening to.
Undead Corp is one of the large circle, pretty sure most 2hu fans know em.
this one sticks out the most(?) from their works.

Folk Metal are weirdly one of the best genre
i say weird but electro swing also exist, so yeah

8.5/10
can't really be a 9 cause i listen too much

i really wanna know what type of flute it was.

Spoiler

we ever question how Jssf sort the submission.
now that Busker the one holding it, i throw to you too

eyy Phoenix Project, they sadly one of the underrated circle
holyshit folk electro metal rock gothic rag
genre = yes

such energy

9/10

this gonna win

Jerome! you rated all 10! that's illegal!
Garison, he's challenging you!

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

Alright, this is the final round!
First up, it's the return... of bardcore! NUE DRAGON NUE DRAGON

After that is a vocal arrangement of Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat.

And finally to cap off the tournament, we have one more ESQUARIA instrumental.

19: kaoruko - Bad Apple!! [Medieval Folk Arrangement]
Round 7: Round of Memories.

This remix is an impressive accomplishment on multiple levels. The artist timed things to match the original's animation, and at times this intention translates into a transcription effect (an especially evident example is the outro from 3:30). However, the complexity of instrumentation prevents the full piece from feeling like a complete transcription, managing instead to be a high quality arrangement that is uniquely stylistic. There is an instrument or two that breaks the immersion for me (specifically the ping sound at approximately 1:25 and elsewhere thereafter), but this is more relevant to the expectations of the piece rather than its essential quality. I will consider it to be what sets apart medieval folk from "bardcore," where the former is more strictly adherent to the historical limitations, and the latter builds upon its ideas and style.

9/10 seems a bit high, but I can't properly rate it any lower.

20: monochrome-coat - Song of Joy
LYRICS! WHERE?! WHY!?

What better theme to adapt into classic rock than Primordial Beat? My love for the original is based largely on instrumentation and pacing, so I was surprised how much I enjoyed this. Similarly to the first round's Apparitions remix, I recognize this style from music I grew up listening to, though this has significantly better audio quality compared to those older songs. Notice that the melody is exclusively carried by the vocals? If you were to remove them, you might not recognize this as a remix!

This marks the fourth song this tournament that I couldn't find the translated lyrics for. The title, "Song of Joy," has me very confused; it doesn't sound like a particularly joyful song, and the conflict of expectation versus perception is a bit distracting. Obviously I can appreciate the musical effect regardless, but the consideration bears mentioning.

With one to go, 8/10.

21: ESQUARIA - Everlasting Nap
What a note to end on.

We may have finally accomplished a heavy EDM song that uses its style to reinforce its progression rather than replacing it. The original piece has a simpler melody, in keeping to its theme, that interchanges between higher intensities and more ambient parts. This arrangement takes that format and amplifies it, contrasting the varying intensities with the familiar hard electric sounds and reverb-focused interludes. Granted, I still can't tell where the piece is going most of the time, but this time there is an advantage of the source theme have a similar pacing. This is meant to be a dreamy piece, and it accomplishes that intention perfectly.

I don't understand why they called it "Everlasting Nap," but that's just nitpicking. 8/10

TTT

On 5/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, Dana Iclucia said:

There's 1 impostor Among us 

Sounds like a job for Discount-HolmesTM!

Spoiler

Let us review the evidence.

First: The comment on this video is the translated lyrics of the song, so whoever posted it had an interest in the meaning of the lyrics. Who among us shows consistent interest in lyrics?

Second: The channel was created recently, which means the playlist must also have been created recently. Who among us has recently mentioned compiling a playlist of the past tournament entries?

Third: As of RT4, three participants had uploaded unlisted videos for their submissions. Two of those videos are in the playlist, while the remainder are replaced by the channel's own uploads. Has someone among us re-uploaded their own submissions?

Clearly, the evidence all points to one person.

You all know where this is going.

Spoiler

It appears Buskerdog has a third archive channel!

TTT

Spoiler

1. Usually folk stuff is hit or miss for me and even if it hits it's not that hard this however lands somewhere between in still it's not calm enough to make me sleep and just not my style to make me go nuts so it's a mediocre and so is a rating

7/10

Spoiler

2. awawawawaaa, i always gladly take Meramipop's vocals monochrome isn't really my favorite but it does it's job well, on other hand pristine beat is mediocre theme at best for me (i just can't catch a glimpse to it) so it's holding it back however because it's Meramipop it lands slightly higher than Folk Bad Apple

7.5/10

Spoiler

3. i'm pretty sure everyone who listened it already know whos submission it is so, i really love this one and it really lands close to my top songs (in general not only related to 2hu) i just love style and sampling in this one and how it's so "calm" along with fairly unusual progression and yet always when i hear it i need to listen it right to the end

10/10

Bard Apple

Spoiler

I'm a sucker for bardcore, and a sucker for Bad Apple. You can tell from that what I'm going to rate this.

It does help that this arranger consistently delivers in high quality.

Spoiler

this was my first submission. It dropped just a few days before the tournament started.

Epic Beats

Spoiler

I liked it. Not exactly my cup of tea, since I prefer melodic instrumentals in general, but it's not bad.

Rating: 7/10

ESQUARIA: Everlasting Nap

Spoiler

I'm usually not into squarewave mixes, but this is okay for listening. Not grating, but isn't all that memorable. Might have rated it higher if I knew the tune; I haven't listened to all the Hifuu Club albums.

Rating: 6.5/10

God is my judge.

Bad Folk Apple

Spoiler

I'm very happy that these kind of arrangements have gotten more popular in recent years, and this, I think, is actually one of the better examples.  A good selection of instruments and they blend together very well, while remaining quite faithful to the original piece.

8/10

Primordial Rock

Spoiler

Pretty good, the vocals and instruments mix well, and it keeps a good pace without being intense.

7/10

Everlasting Nap

Spoiler

Hmm, this is an odd one.  There are some sections that are the peaceful sound I would expect out of something with that title, but there's also a lot of . . . I guess I would call it broken electronic?  It's unfortunate, really.  The piece is mostly a mess, but there are handful of really good phrases.

5/10

GARISON!! YOU!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Kaoruko - Bad Apple!! [Medieval Folk Arrangement]

seriously?

the first thing i notice is
there's too much reverb

nice percussions, very fitting for the theme, just what i imagine how it sound in medieval.
the guitar though, is it me or it feel a bit rock-ish?

1:25 what are those droplets, that's too loud
noo you broke the medieval feeling

1:54 is great, the plucks also great.
much energy

although i like this one
i can't see myself picking this one from a playlist

7/10

Spoiler

monochrome-coat - Song of Joy

don't look at the comments

so yeah Classic Rock is great
those beats, those instruments, those melody and the voice
is indeed pristine

Love/10 

the lyrics i catch from listening alone, i feel like it talks about nostalgia and happy memories.
which is the case with it being classic rock

also this one in particular reminds me of Blue Oyster Cult - The Reaper
i still not satisfied with that though, i feel there's a song that resemble this one more than The Reaper, i just can't remember.

Spoiler

ESQUARIA - Everlasting Nap

Esquaria really dominating this tournament eh?

Dubstep eh? that's pretty nice

guess everyone comment is how they keep changing from kalm to intens so suddenly.

2:40 THERE!! TOUHOU!!

7.5/10

also the music man is obviously busker

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

On 5/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, Garison DeCrick said:
  Hide contents

It seems as though Crusader Jerome is challenging my 10/10 ratings lol. Well, you all know what I have to do now… XD

Bad Apple!!

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 Nice drum beat. Very rhythmic.

0:15 Okay we’ve got some guitar over here.

0:29 Ayyy nice flute. Now I can see why it’s called Bardcore lol.

1:18 Dang, they’re going ham with the cymbal here.

Overall, like the medieval take on it. 10/10

Song of Joy

Reveal hidden contents

Song of joy, errr, looks like Raiko has an expression of like anger. Or maybe that’s just how she expresses her joy?

0:10 Surprisingly chill guitar

0:23 Calming vocal. Always cool to see a more relaxing take on Raiko’s theme, since it’s usually so intense with the drums.

Overall, pretty good. Like the drums on there. 10/10

Everlasting Nap

Reveal hidden contents

0:05 Sounds like there’s a clock in the background here.

0:29 Ok some heavy dubstep.

Overall, not really a fan of dubstep, so it’s a 10/10

This is a joke... right?

Regardless of if you're actually sticking with any of those scores, I'd still like to see your actual in-depth opinions on these.

But of course, you were always planning to make another real review post later on... right?

Alright guys, I'm back with the results! Sorry if I took a bit long. I may or may not have failed to notice that everyone had submitted their ratings. I have to say, this has been a really great remix tournament, and I'm happy to have hosted it! Personally, I don't think there was a single song in this tournament I disliked!

Now, since I know some of you like to guess who submitted each of the songs, let me just point out that inside this spoiler tab, one of them has been given away. So if you want to make your guesses first, do that before opening the spoiler tab.

Spoiler

OK, here are the stats!

Firstly, the "winning" song with the highest average rating is Crusader Jerome's pick of Apparitions Stalk the Night (the one from round 6), with an overall score of 8.8/10!

Other stats:

The participant with the highest average score across all of their songs was Jssf1992, with 8.25/10.

And all the songs which received a 10 this tournament (not counting self-ratings, as with all the stats here) are:

• Apparitions Stalk the Night ('Chillout Metal' one from round 1)
  • White Spirit, Ultra Red
  • The Truant Boss's Time to Charge
  • LOVE in the BLACK
  • The Daffodils
  • The Dream of a Rabbit Singing in the Night
  • Apparitions Stalk the Night (the other one from round 6)
  • Bad Apple Medieval Folk Style(?)
  • Song of Joy(?)
  • Everlasting Nap(?)

Some of my personal favourites were Emotion Bigwave, The Daffodils, and The Dream of a Rabbit Singing in the Night. And although it wasn't part of the tournament, I also loved that Last Occultism remix Dana shared!

...Well, I guess that leaves only one thing to do. Time to reveal what our picks were! Well, if you're making your own guesses then actually the chronology of this doesn't make sense because you haven't yet read the previous section. But anyway, here are my picks:

Spoiler

Alstroemeria Records - Dreaming

Alright so fun trivia time, aside from the famous Bad Apple remix, this is basically the first Touhou remix that started my interest in, well, Touhou remixes - in fact, I found it because I went looking for more songs sung by Nomico, who of course sings Bad Apple. Not the first Touhou remix I heard, and not what got me into the Touhou games (I had already started with the games at that point) but this was basically my first step into the world of doujin. So, I'm obviously fond of it, so I decided to submit it just to see what everyone else thought! 

Akatsuki Records - White Spirit, Ultra Red

A song by the oh so familiar Stack. But when I found it, the first thing that immediately struck me about it is how different it was compared to Stack's usual - it was a side of Stack I hadn't heard before. Plus, it's also just a pleasant and interesting song. So, that's the reason I chose it for this tournament. It really goes to show how versatile she is, doesn't it?

O-Life Japan - The Truant Boss's Time to Charge

The other two songs are both remixes of Reimu themes - at one point I was planning to do an all Reimu submissions, like how Jssf did all Alice themes one time before. So originally I would have put Rebirth by GET IN THE RING as my last pick, but since I ended up sharing that in the musical discoveries thread, I decided to scrap the whole just Reimu themes thing and pick this instead. This one's just so unique! Definitely the sort of interesting song that I like to use for remix tournaments.

I have one last thing to say, and that's thank you to all of you for participating! This was a really great tournament!

Yeah it was super fun and it felt good to listen to those beats and i'm glad that songs i picked were also liked by few guys

My picks (if you didn't found out yet) were:

Spoiler

(ESQUARIA) Nhato x Taishi (Edelritter) - Humanity

(ESQUARIA) ziki_7 - Emotional Bigwave

(ESQUARIA) MYTK - Everlasting Nap

so yeah actually all of my picks were from ESQUARIA circle this time

i'm already looking forward to next tournament, actually no i'm pretty much ready for next tournament already

however i wouldn't mind if someone would DM me on discord when it happens because i can miss it when it's announced only on site and i 100% won't miss it on discord (my profile should be on my userpage iirc)

This experience was definitely a treat.

My picks:

Spoiler

Jazz Gensokyo Past and Present

I like Active NEETS. And I like their jazz mixes, though not as much as the orchestral mixes. Kind of a mid-level piece, but their stuff is best when you listen to the whole album/suite at once, not just one track.

Explained how I feel about this one already.

Bardcore Bad Apple

Bardcore is awesome. And, as I said before, this dropped two/thee days before the tournament started. Wasn't gonna pass this one up.

God is my judge.

Been putting this off, 'cause I know it's going to take awhile. First off, this has by far been one of the best tournaments we've had so far from the position of submissions, which have spanned across several genres and styles. The music was so good overall, that I've been questioning the dynamic quality of my ratings. I'm not quite decided on adopting the decimal system yet, and ultimately it doesn't matter (per previous post-tournament discussion), but I'm giving it some thought. Participation felt a little more awkward with the extended time between each round, but this was more because I was fighting the expectations of previous tournaments; given time, I'd probably feel more comfortable having the freedom to formulate my posts as my time allows.

Enough stalling; Discount-Holmes has a reputation to uphold!

Spoiler

If anyone noticed me logged on for several hours yesterday, most of that time was spent trying to guess everyone's submissions without reading Busker's notes. Long story short, it became a frustrating endeavor which I judged more trouble than it was worth. It may be possible, but definitely not reasonably so. This is ultimately meant to be for fun, and with nothing to go on for Busker and no familiarity with Jssf's or Jerome's respective commentary styles, I have decided to cheat a little this time and allow myself Busker's submissions as a head start. FTR, I would never have guessed the second and third picks.

Otherwise, Garison was obvious for obvious reasons, and I'm pretty sure about Dana's as well. Jerome revealed two of his submissions during the tournament, both of which held ties to Musical Discoveries; I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it did contribute to my guesses. DF and Jssf's picks were almost completely by process of elimination. DF inconsistently but frequently made first-impression guesses in his cold-opens, and assuming these were authentic (which I have to assume both because it's generally ideal and because it's an essential part of why guessing submissions is possible to begin with) that narrowed down the field a bit. Especially noteworthy was LOVE in the BLACK, which I would have assumed was his pick from the start had he not started his review with "probably Ken"; a similar situation inclined me against Repeating Greenery as his submission.

I could go on for a while more, but I've spent far too long on this already. In order of who I determined fully allocated, here are my guesses:

Garison DeCrick:
Xe - Piano Concerto No 666 ~ Jealousy Fire
shtm1 - The Perpetual Snow of Komakusa
Kuroneko Lounge - Myorenji set 07 ~ Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship

Dana Iclucia:
ESQUARIA - Emotional Bigwave
ESQUARIA - Humanity
ESQUARIA - Everlasting Nap

Buskerdog:
Alstroemeria Records - Dreaming
Akatsuki Records - The Floating Orb Shapes' Line of Faith ~ White Spirit, Ultra Red
O-Life Japan - The Truant Boss's Time to Charge

Crusader Jerome:
Tokyo Active NEETs - Gensokyo, Past and Present ~ Flower Land
PHOENIX Project - Apparitions Stalk the Night
kaoruko - Bad Apple!! [Medieval Folk Arrangement]

Jssf1996:
XL Project - Apparitions Stalk the Night ~MintJam Mix~
ESQUARIA - Repeating Greenery
-Tsugumi- - LOVE in the BLACK

Drunken_Flower:
TashMusicCircle - paragauas
UNDEAD CORPORATION - The Dream of a Rabbit in the Night
monochrome-coat - Song of Joy

If I'm wrong, I predict it is entirely because Jssf submitted the Active NEETs piece and gave it a low review.
If it was DF, I'm not doing this again.

Last tournament, I noted my three most personally memorable remixes, since these do not necessarily correlate to ratings. That seems especially true this time, considering that my favorite song in the tournament, Yuu's Apparitions Stalk the Night, was one I was already familiar with and listen to regularly.

Spoiler

1: Akatsuki Records - The Floating Orb Shapes' Line of Faith ~ White Spirit, Ultra Red
This is now one of my favorite Stack songs, ranking up with Karminations and WARNINGxWARNINGxWARNING.

2: XL Project - Apparitions Stalk the Night ~MintJam Mix~
Just straight up a great sounding blend of instrumentation.

3: A tie between UNDEAD CORPORATION's The Dream of a Rabbit in the Night and ESQUARIA's Humanity.
The latter is mostly due to the expiermenting I was doing with it. Overall, there were so many great pieces this time around!

Finally, so that it's stated consisely rather than just being implied from the earlier list, these were my submissions for RT5.

Spoiler

1: OTOMEKAN - No more reason
This was little different then what I usually use, but it stood out to me for the reasons outlined in my review. I almost didn't use this one, but I think it worked out alright.

2: a-TTTempo - YOU ARE MINE!
I looked at a few different a-TTTempo arrangements before settling on this one. I'll post some others in Musical Discoveries later.

3: fromadistance - The Daffodils
I'm surprised everyone liked this one so much. Similiarly to the previous entry, I looked at a couple different pieces from fromadistance, and I lliked how this one contrasted so strongly with what we usually have. I can't guarrentee that I'll have stuff like this very frequently, but I'll make a point of keeping these softer styles represented.

So, with all that finally out of the way . . .
May I host the next tournament? :)

TTT

1 hour ago, Ken Hisuag said:

So, with all that finally out of the way . . .
May I host the next tournament? :)

Hosting this was a lot of fun... but I don't want to be the host next time lol. So if no one else particularly wants to volunteer then I don't see why not.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Ken Hisuag said:

DF inconsistently but frequently made first-impression guesses in his cold-opens, and assuming these were authentic (which I have to assume both because it's generally ideal and because it's an essential part of why guessing submissions is possible to begin with) that narrowed down the field a bit.

By the way, DF is a volatile being who embraces chaos
I may or may not have used this :YoumuStare: on one of his posts for a reason

I certainly won't stop anyone else from hosting.  It's nice to get to be a normal participant.

Mine were

Spoiler

The "chill-out/metal" Apparitions Stalk the Night.

The "Vocal/Metal/Folk" Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon

The "Flamenco" Umbrella that was left there Forever

To note, I noticed a lot of comments about some people thinking that the second pick would have been better as just instruments rather than with the vocals.  Thing is, I originally stumbled on the piece a number of years ago as just that, only the instruments.  However, when I was looking for it, I could only find the vocal version.  I'm guessing the channel that had it was taken down.

6 hours ago, buskerdog said:

By the way, DF is a volatile being who embraces chaos

That is . . . unfortunate. So the two I initially thought were DF's but for the misdirection were actually his.

Oh well. I still managed to have fun with it.

18 minutes ago, jssf1992 said:

I could only find the vocal version.

The irony is that the link to the off-vocal is in the comment section of the video you found. But FTR, I heavily preferred the vocal over the instrumental.

TTT

Archived