How did you find Touhou?

my friend was actually really into touhou for like years before i started playing, and he told me about this game called "touhou luna nights" which is really fun if you like metroidvanias (pretty short though)

i liked the funny clownpiece and decided to play the game with her in it, and, to this day, still cannot beat her

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How did we all first find Touhou, and get involved with this fanbase?  It seems to me that there's isn't quite a normal path that people take in this regard.

Mines a weird one, so probably around freshman year of high school i believe i was super obsessed with this mario game making engine called SMBX, some may have heard of it, some may not have but i'll

I have no idea what touhou was until i found the former admin on PSO. I click on his profile and he had the link to the shrine old site...And it just began there for me.  I must say though...touh

Posted Images

When i was little I randomly came across this video, looking for piano tutorials (since I play piano frquently) 

This video has a very special place in my heart, it was the first black midi video I had ever seen and blew my mind, and I also loved the melody, which was in my head for years. I go back to that video and a similar bad apple piano tutorial all the time for nostalgias sake.

oh, and I found out the original song was from touhou through the comments on the video, and I looked up the game and was shocked at how hard the game looked, just like anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Rampaging Sakuya somewhere in 2009, unfortunately I forgot about it and only in 2019 remembered it after hearing Night of Nights in a different meme

Edited by HellBorn99
spelling
  • 4 weeks later...

So a couple of years ago I saw videos with rampaging sakuya theme (I cant remember the videos) and I never saw the themes of touhou again until... I used to play and watch battle cats, so one battle cats vid used touhou music and some time later I got reccomended tohou themes from a youtuber called ScarletFlame (or something like that) so I didn't know ANYTHING about the games yet as I got hooked on touhou music. After a year or so (after moving on from tohou music) a close friend of mine looked into the description of the video and searched the characters up and found the tohou games and told me, and I got promptly hooked. So yea.. my first piece of tohou I ever saw was from random videos I can't even remember.

Edited by Maribel

Like most people:From music.

I found the music a long time ago, I thought it was really good, but didn't care to search it up until a year later, so then I basically became addicted. (And still kinda am.)