Translations (Requests and Discussion)

Ken Hisuag

Figured I might as well make it more general, so that it has possible future relevance. I need the English translations for GET IN THE RING's Get your party on and Lie to Me ~ Your Countless Piled Up Lies. I have the Japanese lyrics, and I'll try and have them posted within the next hour (or if you prefer I can message them).

TTT

1st (3) one seems easy enough

i still dont know how to format my writing
since some of em in english, i wanna differentiate the translated one from the english one
so yeah things may be janky

eyy funk and まめみ(mamemi), the vocal of Karento, i love her voice.
i rember listening this some time ago, before i started to put things in playlist

and if you rember BLOOMING SEASON in tourney #3, yes this the same vocal
and surprisingly, the lyrics almost convey the same meaning, but without longing someone
it's like, they've met up (or before parting away????)

and please be aware this is half literal translation
i still can't do paraphrase and idioms that well
or im just not that poetic

Spoiler

Get your party on

Im in the groove
If anything happens, Im never feel good(?)

Cause I don't wanna cry no more
I always believe in myself
(I wanna groove)
Music is the meaning of my love

Get your party on!
このspecialな時間をあなたと
いまここから 始めよう on and on...

Get your party on!
Kono special na jikan wo anata to
ima koko kara hajimeyou on and on...

Get your party on!
In this
special occasion with you
Let's start right now here,
on and on...

一夜に咲く幻想が枯れむように
流れ星にそっと願い囁いた

Hitoyo ni saku gensou ga karemu you ni
Nagareboshi ni sotto negai sasayaita

A blooming overnight dream, disappears
I whisper my wish to a shooting star

遠くflashing light,starry night
下弦の月が奏で運ぶメロヂー
そうさYou&I,border line 特別なことは
なにもいらない 楽しんだもん勝ち so come on!

Tooku flasing light, starry night
Kagen no tsuki ga kanade hakobu melody
Sousa You&I,border line tokubetsu na koto wa
Nanimoiranai tanoshindamon kachi, so come on!

Distant flashing light, starry night
Melody plays under a fading moon
Yes
You&I,border line is something special
Don't need anything, having fun is enough,
so come on!

Get your party night!
このpreciousな空間をあなたと
一つに重ねた始まる二人のon stage今夜
Get your party on!
このspecialな時間をあなたと
いまここから 始めよう on and on...

Get your party night!
Kono precious na kuukan wo anata to
Hitotsu ni kasaneta hajimaru futari no on stage konya
Get your party on!
Ima koko kara hajimeyou on and on...

Get your party night!
In this precious space with you
Together both of us starting up
on stage tonight
Get your party on!
In this special occasion with you
on and on...

Ah 加速する鼓動そっと
Hold me tight 同じ夢を視させてよ
どうかwow wow その愛しい夢を

Ah kasoku suru kodou sotto
Hold me tight Onaji yume wo misasete yo
Douka wow wow sono itoshii yume wo

Ah, speed up the tempo
Hold me tight, let's search for the same dream
Somehow
wow wow that beloved dream

待ち焦がれていたこの一瞬sing-a-long 声を震わせて
check,123でhere we go 響かせてmicrophone
立ち止とまってなんていらない

Machikogareteita kono isshun sing-a-long koe wo furuwasete
check, 123 de here we go hibikasete microphone
Tachidomatte nante iranai

I've waited for this moment sing-a-long raise your voice
check, 123 and here we go resonating microphone
There's no need to stop

Get your party night!
このpreciousな空間をあなたと
一つに重ねた始まる二人のon stage今夜
Get your party on!
このspecialな時間をあなたと
いまここから 始めよう on and on...

Get your party night!
Kono precious na kuukan wo anata to
Hitotsu ni kasaneta hajimaru futari no on stage konya
Get your party on!
Ima koko kara hajimeyou on and on...

Get your party night!
In this precious space with you
Together both of us starting up
on stage tonight
Get your party on!
In this special occasion with you
on and on...

調子外れてカッコ悪くたっていい
歌い続けるそれが私のExistence
Get your party on tonight! さあ楽しもう!

Choushibazurete kakko warukutatte ii
Utai tsudzukeru sore ga watachi no Existence 
Get your party on tonight! saa tanoshii mou

Even when you out of tune, it's okay
Let's continue singing along, that is my
Existence
Get your party on tonight! let's have fun

Get your party on...

i have no motivation to read the 2nd (6) one
for now

mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif🍺 BEER FOR THE BEER GOD!!!🍺 mob_suika-export.gif.6d8d97d0ef2df024e56271e49c363436.gif

I didn't think I'd be expanding on this topic so soon, but I came across this comment from SkuddeOuo in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBLbblcgYl8

The song itself isn't too good imo, but the information on translation practice intrigued me. Of course, I don't know how accurate it is, but I can easily think of supportive examples. Specifically, the split preference regarding Cirno's theme, which I've seen translated as both Beloved Tomboyish Girl and Tomboyish Girl in Love. The way SkuddeOuo phrases it, it would seem the final decision is made based on preference, which doesn't make sense to me. Surely a native speaker would have a good sense of which more accurately reflected the meaning of the phrase in a different language? But I may be relying too much on the grammatical structure of English, which I'm told does not easily transfer over to Japanese (and thus visa versa).

My main concern is, with the examples he gave there isn't much confusion as to meaning, only emphasis. But in the example I've used, there is some confusion of meaning. So, are there other examples of this, and why are they not more easily resolved?

TTT

• 6 months later...

I decided I ought to do something to practice my Japanese, so I had a go at these. Sure, I had to look up the kanji, but come on, there's no shame in looking up the kanji...

"Renko Usami Dreaming in the Present"

I thought this one would be difficult to translate but actually it was easy once I realised 宇佐見蓮子 was a name. So I'm confidant in the accuracy of this translation. Probably an arrange of something from ZUN's Music CDs, right?

This one, I understand the meaning but it's kinda hard to put into English. It's something like:

"Love-Coloured Breaking Through like a Magician!" ("Magician" could also be substituted for "Witch", idk what fits better.) (Spelling of the word "Colour" can be adjusted depending on your region)

That's a remix of Love-Coloured Master Spark if I've ever heard one.

I thought this one would be the easiest to translate because it had the least kanji, so I started with this one. I was wrong. I think the meaning is roughly:

"To Come to an Objective, Grasp the Newspaper Tightly"

There's a lot of words you could change in this though. "To come to" could also be "To reach" and "Objective" could also be something like "Aim" or "Purpose"; I'm not sure how best to phrase it. Also I'm not 100% on the form of the second part of the sentence, I think technically it's supposed to be a request, so the translation of the title might actually be something like "So That I Can Come to an Objective, Let me Grasp the Newspaper Tightly". Drunken has more experience with this than me so I'd wait until he can double check this.

But anyway, an Aya theme right?

What I've taken away from this exercise is that my Japanese grammar is not all that awful, I just have no idea what the words are without using a dictionary.

Renko Usami Dreaming in the Present is indeed a remix of Hiroshige No.36 ~ Neo Super-Express, and the "love-coloured" one is likewise what it sounds like. Both are from the Gensokyo Retro Musical project.

The "newspaper" track is a little more complicated. This is a track from the PS4 OST of Adventures in Scarlet Curiosity; after making this translation request, I found a translated tracklist which named this piece "Gripping the Useless Newspaper." I don't remember it from my brief time playing, and I can't place the source motif (assuming it has one). The tone of the track is very calm and casual, which inclines me more toward your translation than this one.

I also have three more requests for whoever's interested. The first two are more track titles.

4: 幻視の夜にはじめてのおつかいとか。
5: 怪速ホームタウン旧都

The third one is an alias of some sort. It might be a name, but by the length I'm assuming a pseudonym (especially with the presence of three "の" characters).

6: 森の子リスのミーコの大冒険

TTT

Archived